Egor's Proof of God

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
20-12-2011, 04:11 PM
RE: Egor's Proof of God
(20-12-2011 01:55 PM)Egor Wrote:  My proof of God is this:

Existence requires observation. Since the universe had to exist before there was physical life in it that could observe it, there must have been a non-physical consciousness observing it. That consciousness would be the attribute of God. Therefore, God exists.

Why does something have to be observed to exist?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
20-12-2011, 04:18 PM

Existence requires observation. Since the universe had to exist before there was physical life in it that could observe it, there must have been a non-physical consciousness observing it. That consciousness would be the attribute of God. Therefore, God exists.

Ummm.

Wait...

...wait a sec...

I mean... doesn't this contradict your argument for God... and faith? God isn't observable, so by what you just said, God doesn't exist... right?

And, isn't the belief of God based on faith... and, doesn't your above statement debunk the very belief of faith?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 14 users Like kingschosen's post
20-12-2011, 04:27 PM
(20-12-2011 03:57 PM)kim Wrote:  
(20-12-2011 01:55 PM)Egor Wrote:  All things that exist have meaning.

Meaning to whom?

Define meaning and then proceed.

I've also noticed that lots of things that don't exist also have "meaning"!

I thing "God" should be defined along with "meaning" by Igor.

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll
[+] 1 user Likes Organon's post
20-12-2011, 04:31 PM
(20-12-2011 04:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

I mean... doesn't this contradict your argument for God... and faith? God isn't observable, so by what you just said, God doesn't exist... right?

I thought about addressing that ... but I didn't want to invite anymore gobbledygook.

Angel And anyway, I'm not cleaning up when his head explodes while contemplating Ben's question.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
20-12-2011, 04:46 PM
(20-12-2011 04:31 PM)kim Wrote:  

I thought about addressing that ... but I didn't want to invite anymore gobbledygook.

Angel And anyway, I'm not cleaning up when his head explodes while contemplating Ben's question.

[Image: scanner.gif]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
20-12-2011, 05:08 PM (This post was last modified: 20-12-2011 05:13 PM by Jackrabbit.)
Quote:You can't just change the equation of God = ? to fit your needs. God, your God, is a personal, anthropomorphic, telepathic man (made in his image) who sent his zombie child to die to cure us of the disease we got when a woman made from a ribcage ate a magic apple from a talking snake.

Any person with a fraction of logic can immediately deduce that your god is a man-made fairy tale.

And yet, Christianity is growing throughout the world. Check out the latest post on my blog. Even in this age of reason. Even when it’s illegal to utter the word “Christ” in school or have a Nativity Christmas decoration on the very holiday that celebrates Jesus’ birth (the biggest holiday in the world, by the way), even with all that, Christianity is growing. I don’t see anyone converting to Cinderellaism. Maybe you’re out of touch.
That notwithstanding, look how angry you get. Look how you are forced to insult my religious beliefs. Look how you lose control at the very mention of God or Christ. Something tells me you really are out of touch.

[/quote]

You didnt answer the question, u just stated an uncited fact about christianity growing in the world.

a) The number of people who believe in something is irrelivant to its truth.
e.g. Everyone was absolutley certain that the earth was flat before the 7th Century and that the sun and moon revolved around the Earth (including the catholic church which were supposed to know this stuff) who persicuted anyone who said otherwise.

b) The question that you did not answer was even if there is a God, why is he the god of christianity and not Allah for example or Zeus. And why doesnt he simply contact us in a perfectly clear way that cannot be possibly misinterpreted instead of using old, outdated, primative texts.

C) If there was clear evidence for a specific god (yahweh, allah, zeus) i would believe, just as if there was clear evidence that the Big Bang was not real and Theory "X"(insert alternate theory here) is the true origin of the universe, i would believe that because regardless of my attatchment and want to believe in the big bang, i will change my mind based on new factual evidence. Truly rational people are always willing to change their minds based on new confirmed evidence.

There might be a god, just as there might be a unicorn bring, me a live unicorn, a fossil of one, or anything that hints to its exsistance and
im prepared to believe it. But going on and on with psuedo-philosophic explainations prove nothing.
The same pseudo-philosopy could be used to "prove" the exsistance of any god and not just Yahweh, the very same logic can apply to Allah, Buddah, Shiva, Krishna, Zeus, Thor, Odin, Ra, Isis, The mayan gods, The african idols, the flying spaghetti monster (the one true creator of the universe and i have felt his noodley appendages inside me! lolwut?) and the list goes on and on and on....

And if infact there is proof of an unknown god, why would anyone want it to be yahweh, the one who cares about who you sleep with, your foreskin, your diet, condoms, how to beat your slaves and so on.

And if there is a proven good, why would you automatically assume that he cares about us or is on our side, we could be some by-product of the creation of the universe and he didnt get around to clean up his mess.

If he actually cared about us, why leave us wondering? why allow suffering? why does he require so much praise? why does he require anything from us?
why don't people regrow severed limbs (even if they pray for recovery)?
why does god punish people for homosexuality with hurricanes only when they live in hurricane prone zones in hurricane season (same goes for all natural disaster)? is he not able to send a hurricane anywhere he wants to?
The answer of god only brings more questions, and im sorry to say that "he has a divine plan" or "he's testing our faith"(by deliberatly creating evidence to not believe in him) are not valid aswers. <- sounds like a trickster god to me.

anyway i've gone on for enough, but thinking is not a crime and weigh the evidence and see for yourself, fear of hell is an almost impossible thing to get over especially when someone is indoctrinated their whole life and trust me bro, i can assure you the hell described in islam is way worse, way more violent and graphic than the one of christianity, Gohanam is where Satan himself gets tortured for his sins...

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 7 users Like Jackrabbit's post
20-12-2011, 06:11 PM
Quote:Tapping out fighting words to a real fighter

Dang man... I thought Christians were peaceful. Yet here you are trying to pick a fight with the forums' drunkard. **sigh

And, isn't the belief of God based on faith... and, doesn't your above statement debunk the very belief of faith?

Rut roh... looks like someone needs to put their foot in their mouth. It's okay Egor.. we understand.

[Image: playingstupidagain.jpg]

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 8 users Like ddrew's post
20-12-2011, 07:32 PM
(20-12-2011 05:08 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  
Quote:You can't just change the equation of God = ? to fit your needs. God, your God, is a personal, anthropomorphic, telepathic man (made in his image) who sent his zombie child to die to cure us of the disease we got when a woman made from a ribcage ate a magic apple from a talking snake.

Any person with a fraction of logic can immediately deduce that your god is a man-made fairy tale.

And yet, Christianity is growing throughout the world.

Not everywhere; it is decreasing across western Europe, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. It's only growth is in the third world.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
20-12-2011, 09:54 PM

Ummm.

Wait...

...wait a sec...

I'm so proud I'm about to shed a tear. Our boy is growing up into a fine, future atheist. Big Grin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 9 users Like Erxomai's post
20-12-2011, 10:21 PM
(20-12-2011 07:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-12-2011 05:08 PM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  Any person with a fraction of logic can immediately deduce that your god is a man-made fairy tale.

And yet, Christianity is growing throughout the world.
Not everywhere; it is decreasing across western Europe, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. It's only growth is in the third world.
[/quote]

So true, and with even a modest amount of education Christianity and many other religions will gradually fade away and humanity will at last become as it was supposed to be; free of the shackles of belief in the supernatural.

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll
[+] 3 users Like Organon's post