Egor's Proof of God

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
25-12-2011, 03:35 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2011 04:16 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Egor's Proof of God
Blake,
Your cat's name is Schroedinger. Nice try.
Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
25-12-2011, 11:31 PM

Reply to Thinking Atheists

(24-12-2011 05:07 PM)jakejakelamasabachtani Wrote:  I do have more for you dude but this will be a major waste of time... sorry I am not getting into your insipid game so may you keep playing with others but as a man of science and logic I learn long ago not to argue with fundamentalist... there's no points, it's like screaming in the wood with nobody to reply back... sorry you definitely loose...

Oh really? You’re the one running away. I’ve apparently countered your points and now you’re out of ammo.

Quote: get over it Cheers and end this already you're not saving anybody here. You clearly state that you hate atheists, I don't hate christian like you do for us, that would be hating half of my own family...

But of course, you can’t actually point out where I’ve ever said I hate atheists. You simply see what you want to believe. And to think you call me a fundamentalist.

Quote: but I have tolerance and that is not something you learn in that archaic book of yours. My question thought is what do you get off coming into an atheist site and try to convince us how wrong we are from not believing in your delusion of God, as much as you can't convince us that your God exist, we can't convince you that he doesn't... we are never going to agree. And yet you come over trying to piss us off... note that I am not pissed off at you in no ways... i can take critics but you clearly can't. I don't go in christian forums telling them how wrong they are, I know it would be pointless, why are you doing this? Why you stick around trying to challenge us when you have not much evidences to bring for yourself. If you are a man of philosophy and great mind, you would definitely know that the reason we joined this forums is to be amongst us and discuss the subjects that we all share interest about, interest that are contrary to yours. So what is your mission, and can't you see you have failed already. We for the most used to be theist and while you don't know much about our sides, we surely know a truck load about yours, for having be like you christians, but WE got out of the matrix. Really stop challenging, you clearly don't have the skills to fight us and you know it. Give up already!

I’m here to fish. And until they ban me, you better get used to me being here. In fact, what is the name of this sub-forum? Ah, let’s see, it’s called “Atheism and Theism” with the subtitle, “Because what else would you talk about on Thinkingatheist.com.” So, I’m right where I need to be. If you don’t like it, hang out in another subforum. You’re the one who comes to me and challenges me. I didn’t come to any post you made and challenge you. Did I?

(24-12-2011 05:21 PM)kylestyle Wrote:  So one big question, which multiple people have asked yet remains unanswered, is: Why does existence require observation?

Because existence is an attribute of observation, not the other way around. Observation makes things exist. And by observation, I mean a conscious focus on a particular thing. I think I’m going to get more into the nuts and bolts of it farther down. So stay tuned.

(24-12-2011 05:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Egor, I'm pretty sure you're not real and you don't actually believe what you're posting, but if you are serious, your abhorrent behavior is disconcerting.

Yeah, people who speak the truth are often considered abhorrent and disconcerting. Love, my friend, is not an attitude and it damn sure isn’t a feeling. Love is an action of caring from one human being to another. My function in love is to be the loudest freaking alarm clock I can be, because otherwise these poor son of a bitches are going to hell. What do you want to do? Coddle them until it’s too late?

Quote:If you truly want to be like Christ, then you should read the Bible. You will see that Jesus did not treat even the most vile, sinful people with hate. He treated them with love and respect.

Well, unless he was pronouncing woes upon them, whipping them out of a temple, calling them vile hypocrites, children of the devil, dogs, or even Satan. He was a lot harsher than I am, and yet, he said what he said out of Love for all humanity. What you call hate is love. So then, what should I think when you use the word love?

Quote:You are failing as a Christian in the way that you act. I tell you this out of love and concern for our fellow man, and I'm rebuking your actions as commanded in scripture. You're preaching hate; not Christ.

Well, just throw that on the massive pile of sins I have answer for on judgment day. Me and God and Christ will sort them out later. You really don’t have to worry about it. You just go on trying to get the atheists to like you.

(24-12-2011 05:52 PM)Sharks9 Wrote:  Please Egor, be more respectful. Love your enemies as Christ did, that's all I ask.

These atheists aren’t my enemies. This is just the dialog that happens when immovable objects meet unlimited force. If you can’t take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

(24-12-2011 06:46 PM)jakejakelamasabachtani Wrote:  Oh by the way Egor I speak 5 languages and English is number two of them, French being the first, Spanish 3, German 4, Italian 5. And I'm a black dude (what is it now for your linguistic racism) if your comment was an attempt to make me feel pitiful because I don't master English like you do (but yet you write nonsense for most of the time so what's the difference of me making some grammatical mistakes and you making a fool of yourself), this was a very low hit from you who claim to have respect for people.

I’m impressed. Your language skills are duly noted, at least as far as internet resumes can be duly noted. And if English is #2 for you, then I must say you do a very good job of reading an writing it. I’m sorry for saying you babble on in broken English.

Quote:This is an international site, many of us speaks many languages and yet we're trying our best to converse in your language. If you want a fight in my first language come over and I'll knock some sense into you into a language that you won't understand. Furthermore, know that being polyglot helps your brain to reach a proper level of logic as I can understand in many ways and languages what you're trying to say. Can you? Stop the personal attacks it goes nowhere and you just prove by that very comment that you are indeed a xenophobic religious happy clapper fundamentalist butthole. I can read the bible in 5 different languages and still tell you how wrong it is.

I’m always amazed at people who insult you while they’re complaining about being insulted by you. Also, keep this in mind: there’s more to knowledge than logic. Otherwise, we’d be outdone by computers in more than just chess.

(24-12-2011 09:16 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Egor,
Have a few questions for ya.

The word "existence" implies that a "life process" is taking place. For a process to be taking place, it means time exists, ALWAYS, and simultaneously. If god always "existed", then god was not the creator of the dimension of space-time, or "he" could not exist, because time had to exist, if not before him, at least begin simultaneously. (Of course one can agree that talking in these terms is meaningless, and saying anything about this stuff is impossible, given our language limitations.) Oh BTW, "observation" also requires the dimension of time to exist, simultaneously, if not a priori, as that is also a process.

I’ve thought a lot about this, as it is one of the major points of understanding for me as well. And so far, this is what I have come up with. We ask ourselves, how can God move if he is eternal and outside of time? How can He think? How can He choose? The fact is, I don’t know, but apparently, He can. But then, apparently so can we.

Time is an illusion. There is no time. There is only a present moment. Think about it, there is no past. It’s gone as soon as it happens. It doesn’t exist anywhere but in the mind. There is no place you can go to that is the land of Ago. The past exists as a memory only, both in your mind and in the mind of God. And the future hasn’t happened yet. Although I have four serious incidents of precognition in my life, that was only knowledge of the future, like a memory in reverse, but the future, even then had never ever happened before. It isn’t lying out there some place.
God, and us live in an eternal present moment, and yet we choose, we act, we think. I don’t know how it happens, but it’s an undeniable fact of our existence.

And even though I don’t know the dynamics, yet. There is a curious condition at work. In the spirit, there is no distance, so there is no requirement for time—not for anything. And have you ever noticed this is exactly the case when you think about things? When an idea comes to you, it seems to come all at once in its entirety, and it’s just there in your mind. Even if you spend months thinking about it, translating it into words, writing it down, whatever, the idea was complete and came to you in an instant.

The one thing we can say about the spiritual realm or the fifth dimension or whatever, is that it is not constrained by the dynamics at play in the physical four dimensions.

And is this a cop out? Well then, so is our notion of gravity and electromagnetism. We see them, but we have no concept of how they come to be. They simply are. The mind is the same way. We know how all the synapses and neurons work, and yet none of that explains mind, yet mind is real.

Jesus said of those born of the spirit: It’s like the wind, you feel it, but you don’t know where it came from or where it is going.

So, does this leave you with questions and curiosity, Bucky Ball? Then why not put your faith in God and find the answer. Maybe that’s your role in Christ in this physical lifetime that you have.

Quote:2. If existence requires observation, then who was observing your god, and who set up the cosmic system which requires observation for existence? Before it created anyrthing, it was not observed, thus did not exist, in your world. How did it pop into existence ? Did it create the cosmic system ? If not it could not have either existed in it's own system, or was not the creator of it. Which is it ?

That’s the age-old controversy surrounding the cosmological argument. The fact is, if there is a God, we have to (I repeat: Have to) accept that He exists eternally and that He is the first cause of things. Otherwise, as you have pointed out, He is not God, and some other God must be postulated ad infinitum. Now, maybe on those grounds we can then say that God doesn’t exist, but then you are left with a universe that has the same problems as the God that doesn’t exist. If you get rid of God via the failure of the cosmological argument for His existence, then you are lumbered with the same problem, a universe that is its own cause—and that is absurd, because the universe and everything in it is apparently contingent. We may not understand how God exists without a cause, but apparently He does. And that may be the true end of knowledge, for it may be the case that even God can’t answer that question. The only possible answer may be wholly unsatisfying: Q. “God, how do you exist?” A. “I am.”

Quote:3. What does "observation" mean ? Does it mean that photons are entering something's optic system ? What are the limits of your theory here ? Can "observation" mean something else, or does the detection have to be in the observers direct capacity for (wavelength ?) detection ? Can an instrument be used ? If things cease to exist without observation, can I set up an indirect, (to the "umteenth" degree), observation system, which prevents existence from collapsing ?

Observation is ultimately a mental focus. It’s not that observation causes existence, it’s that existence requires observation. Imagine you and an apple are the only things that exist in the vacuum of space. We can go into the details of what this vacuum would be like, but for the purposes of this thought experiment, just consider there is nothing (not a thing) except you and the apple. If you start by taking away all the conscious elements of the apple, it’s color, it’s texture, it’s taste, the sound of it when you tap on it, and the smell of it, what do you have left? Basically a dark mass.

Now go one step further and remove yourself from that space, what is left? A dark mass in a dark space.

Now take away the last element of consciousness, your thoughts about it, what is left?

What is left is an apple whose meaning = 0. If meaning = 0, there is no existence. For everything that exists has a meaning. Something without any meaning whatsoever, including an impression on consciousness, is equal to non-existent.

But we know the universe existed before we or any other physical life form was around to observe it. Therefore, there must have been an overarching consciousness that observed it, and continues to observe all unseen aspects of it, including the peanut butter in my cupboard. After all, I’m not suggesting that when I close the cupboard door, the peanut butter just ceases to exist. I know rationally that it does not.

(24-12-2011 09:35 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Again, that is a ridiculous comment. You degrade yourself by coming out with something like that. I know most people on here will disagree but I actually think you are far better than that comment implies.

Hughsie, move over one chair, and stay off my side. Thanks.

(24-12-2011 10:51 PM)Science Believer Wrote:  Nothing is perfect.
God is perfect.
Ergo, God is NOTHING!!!
I WIN!!!
contradiction: you said nothing is perfect and then you said God is perfect. Your argument fails.

(25-12-2011 12:21 AM)morondog Wrote:  He is? He's as good as he behaves. Not theoretically better inside or something. He behaves like a giant douche.

Let me save you all the suspense: I’m not a good person. My faith in Jesus Christ, and my desire to follow him is my only saving grace. MY ONLY saving grace. Otherwise, I deserve hell, like right now.

But God’s love is so big it can take in all evil. All He asks is that we set our course for His Son. That’s it. We don’t have to get there by the end of our lives. All we have to have done is wanted to get there. The part of us that wanted that, is the part that he saves for eternity with Him.

(25-12-2011 12:49 AM)San Onofre Surfer Wrote:  Bucky,
You beat me to it. I was thinking about our discussion of the many attempts to circumvent or get around the observer problem with respect to quantum collapse. So what I was going to ask, is sort of what you were getting at. What if we set up a recording device, which records the observations, but no one is actually looking in real time ? Then the problem has at least two outcomes. Does "existence" depend on POTENTIAL observation, (cuz we don't HAVE to ever watch the recording), or does he exist only if we actually DO watch/observe the recording ? What if something happens, and the recording device fails, or records in a medium which we can't see or read at the time ? Who has to do the observation ? Can your puppy do it ? My head is gonna explode. It's all BS anyway. Huh Oh wait...what about the Relativity problem ? What if the observer and the object are not moving at the same speeds with respect to each other ? Never mind. He's never gonna answer anyway.

Observation is a conscious focus on a thing. You can set up all the recording devices you want, that’s not observation.

(25-12-2011 09:00 AM)Filox Wrote:  This guy got the worst of me. He managed to get me angry and I didn't have time to write, so I had to be quick in my last reply.

Why do we get upset about things like this and why do we say bad things to bad people like Egor? Because we see them as dangerous, their beliefs as even more dangerous and I do not mean his religious beliefs, but world views, political.

I want a national Christian church. A lot of countries have them. So what? That’s dangerous? I think you overreact.

Quote:So Egor, when I call you a racist and a Nazi, I call you that because you remind me of them, not because I want to offend you. I am telling you this to help you, not to make you look bad. There is nothing wrong with you being Christian and loving your religion, but your political beliefs and your view on other people is horrifying. I truly hope you will soften up a little with you world views.

Man, that’s an awful lot of words just to make a straw man out of me. Yes, we should have a national Christian Church and public atheism should be illegal as obscenity. But I’m not going to get that, am I? By your own admission, you used to be a skinhead. I’ve never been a skinhead, and I served my country in the military during the first Gulf War. If I ever had the power to motivate people to change the constitution allowing for the national church I’d do so, but if I were you, I wouldn’t lose any sleep over that. As for public atheism and obscenity, well, that’s a pipe dream.

Otherwise, politically, I think I’m a registered Republican. Ronald Regan, Margaret Thatcher, and George Bush I and II were my presidents. But they’re all gone now.

I’m hardly a Nazi. Quit projecting your faults onto me.

(25-12-2011 09:40 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  Ridiculous ideas should be met with ridicule.

the second article of the Egyptian constitution says that islam is the official state religion, secularists now are trying to amend that but not succeding due to wide spread ignorance and propaganda we have no freedom of press (books against islam or the government frequently banned and many journalists and authors are political prisoners) i agree with Filox, In Egypt although legally you cant kill someone for apostacy (due to the previous british occupation it has become a little more western)

but that wont stop the local mob for getting you if you become too outspoken, influenced by local religious figures as well as extremists from other countries.
and the legal system here is known to be too beurocratic where cases can last for years without progress, and sometimes a blind eye is turned since most of the politicians and people who work law enforcment are part of the religion. so while technically we have freedom of speech it always comes with a consequence to the minority of non believers.
most of the media is baised, even government channels such as the channel 1 and 2 have various programmings of interpretations of quraan and religious discussion (where the quraan is accepted as the one and only true religion. So basically it is a theocracy lite but non the less. in the recent elections of parliment the islamists got 75% of the votes
50% salafis, an extreme denomination of islam and the Ikhwan 25% another extreme denomination. secularism is losing the fight in egypt thanks to the majority, and if u just look at the outrageous policies they have they would be publicaly shunned if they were parties in any western country. No human is better than any other or should be above any other in rights and responsibilities in a society. The politcal beliefs Egor and people like him hold are a danger to democracy, and free speech. and even if it is well intentioned it only takes one charismatic extremist to end a country. America is the flagship of the world currently and if something like this happened the whole world will be affected. And seriously Egor's beliefs on the whole remind me of the Oslo bomber, Extremism of any belief political or religious is very dangerous.

I don’t give a rat’s ass what you think about my beliefs or how dangerous you think they are to your atheism. In your country, if you all wanted democracy with free speech you would have had it. You probably would have had it before you started the overthrow of the government. Now you get radical Islam.

Islam is not Christianity. Islam is a Satanic cult lead by a self-proclaimed prophet who spread his message by the sword long after the revelation of Jesus Christ had come into the world, and is trying to do so again today. Granted, 500 years ago, Christianity acted similarly, but that was never in accord with the Gospel message of Jesus Christ. A Muslim with a bomb strapped to his chest is as much a Muslim today as he or she would have been from the beginning of Islam.

I don’t care what you think of my fundamentalism. Atheism will ruin society. Islam will ruin society. Buddhism and Hinduism, if they were to spread, would ruin society. When have you ever heard me preach violence? When have you ever heard me say I hated anyone? No. You have never heard me say that. What I hate is the ideologies that do not embrace the teachings of Jesus Christ whereby everyone is offered the love of God. So don’t you lump me in with your bomb-wearing loser Muslims.

This is my next blog topic, but let me wake you up to a little fact: There is going to be fundamentalism. It’s either going to be atheistic, Islamic or Christian, and you better hope it’s Christian.

(25-12-2011 09:59 AM)NotSoVacuous Wrote:  One simple flaw:

Implying things only exist if observed.

Proofs don't rest on assumptions.

Your argument is now dismantled. So, now can someone tell me why the fuck this went on for 21 pages?

Never mind, I see it has been derailed a LONG time ago... Also, do mods have the power to remove this reputation bullshit? I am tired of seeing every "religious" person coming in here and by the end of the day having negative rep. It's a fucking stupid option, this isn't a kids video game forum, although with the flashing signatures and epeen options it is looking so.

Simple put, if someone has something you don't agree with, dismantle it philosophically and let the audience determine the idiot. Tired of seeing a forced "I don't agree with you" negative rep.

As someone with a negative reputation, I agree with that part of what you said. What difference does it make. I get banned all the time. I read that this group was very liberal and would not ban people except for spam advertising. We’ll see if that’s true. So far, the moderators have defended me. I must admit, in nearly 20 years of online debate, that is a first for me.

(25-12-2011 10:03 AM)Jackrabbit Wrote:  Because Egor has some pretty extreme beliefs (even by muslim standards), not you're run of the mill christian Ned Flanders over here, more like hitler in the making...

Hitler.

Let me tell you something you may not realize. If atheism succeeds in gaining even a little more power, there will be such a religious backlash against them they will think the Holocaust was a trip to Disneyland. I say that to save them from it. Society will not tolerate its dissolution and it will stop at nothing to keep it together. That’s why the Muslims are so easily taking over in Egypt, Libya, and if the government doesn’t win, in Syria. America will not tolerate communism or anything like it. The atheists truly need protection from themselves. If I am anything, I am an anti-Hitler. Atheism only finds its expression in the tolerance of a Christian society.
Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2011, 12:31 AM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2011 12:51 AM by Clint Barnett.)
Quote:Science Believer Wrote:
Nothing is perfect.
God is perfect.
Ergo, God is NOTHING!!!
I WIN!!!
Quote:contradiction: you said nothing is perfect and then you said God is perfect. Your argument fails.

Maybe I should explain so you can understand what he meant.

X stands for nothing
Y stands for God

Now for the equation:

X = perfect
Y = perfect
Y = X
God = Nothing

Hope you understand now.

Quote:Well, unless he was pronouncing woes upon them, whipping them out of a temple, calling them vile hypocrites, children of the devil, dogs, or even Satan. He was a lot harsher than I am, and yet, he said what he said out of Love for all humanity. What you call hate is love. So then, what should I think when you use the word love?

So now you are picking and choosing which version you want to follow. Sorry it don't work that way. All or nothing. I won't play this cherry picking game with you. You didn't cherry pick a specific scripture but you are fully aware of the contradictions unless you intentionally ignore them. Don't even try to explain this philosophically because that is useless to me.

Quote:Man, that’s an awful lot of words just to make a straw man out of me. Yes, we should have a national Christian Church and public atheism should be illegal as obscenity. But I’m not going to get that, am I? By your own admission, you used to be a skinhead. I’ve never been a skinhead, and I served my country in the military during the first Gulf War. If I ever had the power to motivate people to change the constitution allowing for the national church I’d do so, but if I were you, I wouldn’t lose any sleep over that. As for public atheism and obscenity, well, that’s a pipe dream.

Otherwise, politically, I think I’m a registered Republican. Ronald Regan, Margaret Thatcher, and George Bush I and II were my presidents. But they’re all gone now.

I’m hardly a Nazi. Quit projecting your faults onto me.

So you served in the military so what, so did many on these forums including myself. What does that have to do with anything? There are tons of skinheads and neo-nazi groups in the US military. Who knows some of them probably liked your idols. How on earth does that help you with your argument?
Man, that’s an awful lot of words just to say "I'm hardly a Nazi."

Quote:I don’t care what you think of my fundamentalism. Atheism will ruin society. Islam will ruin society. Buddhism and Hinduism, if they were to spread, would ruin society. When have you ever heard me preach violence? When have you ever heard me say I hated anyone? No. You have never heard me say that. What I hate is the ideologies that do not embrace the teachings of Jesus Christ whereby everyone is offered the love of God. So don’t you lump me in with your bomb-wearing loser Muslims.

This is my next blog topic, but let me wake you up to a little fact: There is going to be fundamentalism. It’s either going to be atheistic, Islamic or Christian, and you better hope it’s Christian.

You speak of these systems that "WILL" ruin society. You have zero evidence backing this claim. You may want to try again.

Quote:Let me tell you something you may not realize. If atheism succeeds in gaining even a little more power, there will be such a religious backlash against them they will think the Holocaust was a trip to Disneyland. I say that to save them from it. Society will not tolerate its dissolution and it will stop at nothing to keep it together. That’s why the Muslims are so easily taking over in Egypt, Libya, and if the government doesn’t win, in Syria. America will not tolerate communism or anything like it. The atheists truly need protection from themselves. If I am anything, I am an anti-Hitler. Atheism only finds its expression in the tolerance of a Christian society.

Yeah...I can't, lmao you are just hilarious....I have my wife and kids reading this. They are all laughing over my shoulder. I can't go on. This is horrible. I will not post on this topic again. Go ahead, say I ran away because I ran out of ammo if you must reassure yourself. Rest assured I'm not running away from you. I never will run. I have to walk away from this conversation because I truly think you need help and I'm not a qualified physician. I hope you receive help soon.

I had to come edit this, I must apologize. I should not laugh. It is ill mannered and very unbecoming of what I am. I can't poke fun of someone that needs professional help.

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Clint Barnett's post
26-12-2011, 01:18 AM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2011 02:17 AM by kingschosen.)
Quote:Yeah, people who speak the truth are often considered abhorrent and disconcerting. Love, my friend, is not an attitude and it damn sure isn’t a feeling. Love is an action of caring from one human being to another. My function in love is to be the loudest freaking alarm clock I can be, because otherwise these poor son of a bitches are going to hell. What do you want to do? Coddle them until it’s too late?

Your arrogance is mind-boggling. Do you honestly think God needs you? Or your help? You are called to be a servant - like Christ was. Being a loud, obnoxious alarm clock to someone who has no desire to be awakened will only have two effects: 1) Get unplugged or be habitually placed on snooze or 2) be smashed so the person never has to hear the sound again.

Yes, we are commanded by Christ to spread the gospel, but we are also commanded and instructed to be a light in the darkness. Have you forgotten the beatitudes? Have you forgotten the fruits of the spirit?

Berating, insulting, and damning people is a terrible way to talk to others about Christ. Developing a relationship and having polite, yet frank conversations is a much better approach.

Honestly, you're an embarrassment to anyone who calls themselves a Christian and you're doing a disservice to Christ.

Quote:Well, unless he was pronouncing woes upon them, whipping them out of a temple, calling them vile hypocrites, children of the devil, dogs, or even Satan. He was a lot harsher than I am, and yet, he said what he said out of Love for all humanity. What you call hate is love. So then, what should I think when you use the word love?

You really, really need to study the Bible. Everything you describe was Jesus exhibiting righteous anger towards Pharisees and members of the temple. These people would be known as "Christians" nowadays. If you notice, Jesus' anger was the most intense for these type of villains. They claimed God but slandered His name with theft, legalism, and self idolatry. Never does Jesus act in righteous anger towards those that would be "unbelievers". He only acts in kindness, gentleness, love, peace, patience, goodness, joyfulness, faithfulness, and SELF CONTROL.

It's ironic that you mention Jesus chasing the hypocrites out of the temple... that's really what I should do to you if I want to be like Christ. Yes, you are acting out of love... your own love for yourself.

Quote:Well, just throw that on the massive pile of sins I have answer for on judgment day. Me and God and Christ will sort them out later. You really don’t have to worry about it. You just go on trying to get the atheists to like you.

Get them to like me... what... you mean like Jesus? Jesus was a friend of sinners and the unrighteous.

Your actions mirror the Pharisees; a group of people that Jesus condemned the harshest. I think it might be time to study your Bible a little more and reflect on how Christ acted and maybe start replicating it.

PS - You still haven't answered my question about your logic or even tried to explain it.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 13 users Like kingschosen's post
26-12-2011, 02:16 AM (This post was last modified: 26-12-2011 02:24 AM by San Onofre Surfer.)
"What is left ? A dark mass"
Hahahahahahahahahaha.
But thank you. "Fishing" are you ? Well fish all you like. You are now officially on "ignore". I knew we were wasting our time. Maybe someday you will take a 3rd grade physics course, to go along with your 2nd grade theology. And thanks for putting it all together in the nonsense above. At all the major juntures, you either don't answer the questions, or say you don't know, or give the same ole same ole.
What are you gonna do when you get your "christian" nation, and on day 2, or week 2, an even more "righteous" crazy comes along, and YOU are the one on the left because YOU are not crazy enough ? That you can't see there is no end to that slippery slope is only one of your problems. Thank goodness this country will NEVER be what you nut jobs want. Pardon me while I go put you on "ignore". And by all means, DO get more into the "nuts and bolts" of your crazy theory, because so far you have proven NOTHING, and from what I've seen, couldn't possibly.

The angry gods require sacrifice. Now get outside and slay them a goat. Cadet in Terse But Deadly
26-12-2011, 04:52 AM
KC you're such a legend man Smile I fully expect Egor to come back with some loopy post expanding on his right to be a great big cock, but I'd love to see how he answers your comments on the beatitudes and fruits of the spirit.

Hey Egor. I know I've been pretty negative at you recently. You've pretty much admitted you deserve it, with your comments that you are a sinner and so on. Despite all this I'm dumb enough to believe that you can see the error of your ways.

What?

Yes indeed. Mr Egor. I submit that you need to think. For a start, you will recognize that almost no other human has a theology as rigid and uncompromising as your own. Either that means that everyone else is gonna go to hell, *or* perhaps you need to rethink. It'll be lonely in heaven with an army of one. Or is your pastor and church equally rigid?

Second, it seems that on every forum you go to (I saw a quote in your blog from an atheist one, but you say there that you also frequent Christian forums), people wind up disagreeing with you. *You need to at least consider* that they may be onto something. Do you think of yourself as of God-like intelligence? If not, (which I contend is the only reasonable position), then when one man tells you you're wrong you can possibly ignore him, but when whole fora are telling you the same thing, *consider the possibility* that you could be wrong. Try to understand why.

Lastly, your objective. You want to save us from hell. Your approach right now *is not working*. I saw a comment on your blog by one guy saying you had turned him towards atheism. Doesn't it say in Ezekiel somewhere that that'll be taken as *your* crime? You are not saving people from hell, you are sending them there faster (from your p.o.v. - I don't have a hell to worry about). So, change your approach if you do genuinely wish to save more people.

Regards

Morondog (the sexually immoral one).
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
26-12-2011, 08:45 AM
This is a humorous thread. Kind of like shooting fish in a barrel. I didn't realize shooting down fallacies would be THIS easy here. Egor, where did you get your education ? (I can't tell from your website..you conveniently left it off, or did I miss it? I had to get out of there, and should have been more thorough.) And BTW, "Via Divine providence" doesn't make any sense. Do you know what a "Via" is ? Did you mean "Viva" ? Are you talking about an Italian street ?

Anyway read this please :

An old cowboy goes into a bar and orders a drink. As he sits there sipping his whiskey, a young lady sits down next to him. She says to him, "I'm a lesbian. I spend my whole day thinking about women." A little while later, a couple sits down next to the old cowboy and asks him, "Are you a real cowboy?" He replies, "I always thought I was, but I just found out I'm a lesbian."

Get it ?

THAT's what's wrong with your "existence requires consciousness" argument. Your PREMISE is false, so your conclusion is false. Do you actually think that if the proof of a deity were THAT simple-minded, and it were seen to have any validity, someone would not have come up with it LONG ago ? Obviously your education in intellectual history is sorely lacking. Since you don't even know any basic logic, (most of us learned that one in grade school), why would you think you have any credibility in ANY field, especially Theology, if you can't even reason through Logic 1-00000001 ? Sorry, I have to say it ...."only in the Deep South". I just bet you like Rick Perry.

Some of the posters above have tried to get you to think about exactly what you are saying when you say "observation". Do you actually think you are the first to deal with these questions ? You haven't defined your terms. There are COUNTLESS ways a "conscious" being could be an "observer" ? Do you know even 2 ? While you're at it, please also define what is "consciousness", in VERY exact terms, please, and maybe....only maybe, we can go from there.
[+] 4 users Like Harvard Yard's post
26-12-2011, 09:27 AM
BTW, Egor, OBAMA is YOUR legally elected president, and just as much so, as your little list up there. You don't get to pick and choose which laws you decide to follow in this country.
[+] 3 users Like Harvard Yard's post
26-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Egor, address this if you don't mind.

Quote:One simple flaw:

Implying things only exist if observed.

Proofs don't rest on assumptions.

Your proof for a god rest's on the assumption that things can only exist if being observed. You will need to begin at things only existing if being observed.

If you happen to be trailing down the twisty turning hole of quantum mechanics, then I will have to address it this way:

1. We are still in our infancy of understanding how/why particles act the way they do.

2. As far as the double slit experiment, the matter still exists whether being observed or NOT observed. This is just a matter of how the matter might be different.

If your point wasn't on quantum mechanics please enlighten me because it is the only field of study dealing with material acting differently once being observed, that I know of.

"We Humans are capable of greatness." -Carl Sagan
[+] 3 users Like NotSoVacuous's post
26-12-2011, 01:06 PM
(25-12-2011 03:35 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Blake,
Your cat's name is Schroedinger. Nice try.
Tongue

Bucky,
Did anyone ever establish what "consciousness" means here ? Have't they been arguing about that for a few thousand years ?

Thanks for ALL the spectacular holiday stuff. I never had a family, until your's made me feel like part of your's. I want to be adopted. OK ? Just kidding. You are SO friggin lucky. Wink Call me soon.

Blake

The angry gods require sacrifice. Now get outside and slay them a goat. Cadet in Terse But Deadly
[+] 1 user Likes San Onofre Surfer's post