Egor's Proof of God

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
30-12-2011, 01:58 AM
RE: Egor's Proof of God
Hahaha, good one. No, I'm fine like this, do not be worried about me, it's gonna be OK, really. Look, even if what you say is true, all my friends are gonna be in Hell, I'll have no one in Haven, so I don't see the point in it. Not now, anyhow.

And these reputation things are just something to do here on the forum, nobody will ban you from here, and the rep doesn't mean anything, not anything important at least. You are free to roam this forum forever, we not like the rest of the stupid forums that can't handle you, so they just ban you.

Smile

Don't you worry about our conversations, I will continue them. You see how atheist and Christian can hang out and be at least Internet friends, even if we 100% disagree?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
30-12-2011, 02:40 AM
(30-12-2011 01:47 AM)Egor Wrote:  And thanks for regularly reading my blog; however, I don't discuss blog issues in the forums I visit.

And that's why you are a goddam pussy. ... fuckin' goddam piece of shit pussy twat.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-12-2011, 09:18 AM
(30-12-2011 01:47 AM)Egor Wrote:  I respect your opinions
Go on....

Quote:and I'd hate to lose you to hell. So hurry up and rededicate your life, for Christ's sake. Angry
Um, about that respecting opinions part...

I fell off the atheism wagon a while back, then got back on. So I rededicated my life already Tongue

I suspect St Egor will respond with: "Morondog, you're a twisted fuck and anyway, I wasn't talking to you." I award myself a medal in advance for guessing correctly Tongue
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
30-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Thought I'd jump in here, against a lot of advice to the contrary. And it took awhile, but I read the entire thread (I kinda zipped through the football ramblings). Not so much to read Egor's arguments, but to absorb the thoughts of the other members. Again, I'm amazed at the breadth and depth of the people on here. Lot's of great points to use in future discussions.
That said, I'm going to take it back to the beginning...

(20-12-2011 01:55 PM)Egor Wrote:  Therefore, God exists.

According to the dictionary on my computer:
faith: strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

Merriam-Webster
2b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof

Oxford
2strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof

Last time I checked, Christianity was, and still is, a faith, along with Judaism, Islam, etc.
Nobody knows. Not yet. Because there is no proof.

This is my rebuttal to the opening statement, and any claim that a god exists until proof is given.

I was a born again Christian. Been there. My first year of college, my roommate was a theology major. Long story short, here I am.
Peace.

"Religion is the binky of a teen-age humanity."
[+] 3 users Like yosemitesam's post
30-12-2011, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2011 11:35 AM by ddrew.)
(30-12-2011 10:47 AM)yosemitesam Wrote:  Thought I'd jump in here, against a lot of advice to the contrary. And it took awhile, but I read the entire thread (I kinda zipped through the football ramblings). Not so much to read Egor's arguments, but to absorb the thoughts of the other members. Again, I'm amazed at the breadth and depth of the people on here. Lot's of great points to use in future discussions.
That said, I'm going to take it back to the beginning...

(20-12-2011 01:55 PM)Egor Wrote:  Therefore, God exists.

According to the dictionary on my computer:
faith: strong belief in God or in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual apprehension rather than proof.

Merriam-Webster
2b (1) : firm belief in something for which there is no proof

Oxford
2strong belief in the doctrines of a religion, based on spiritual conviction rather than proof

Last time I checked, Christianity was, and still is, a faith, along with Judaism, Islam, etc.
Nobody knows. Not yet. Because there is no proof.

This is my rebuttal to the opening statement, and any claim that a god exists until proof is given.

I was a born again Christian. Been there. My first year of college, my roommate was a theology major. Long story short, here I am.
Peace.

Careful there Sam... using the dictionary and Oxford to point out facts to Egor is going to make you a prime target for Egor's "ass ownage" superior retard logic. He will claim that he hates you, your going to hell, and that your behind the Strait of Hormuz plot to interrupt the oil.
He will then spike a football, scream "OWNAGE!", do a chicken leg waggie dance with 2 middle fingers held up in your direction...[Image: 097.gif]

---P.S. As for this thread ... There's a few of us that are having a bit of fun with this Eyegor character. He's made himself out to be the blunt end of our jokes.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 4 users Like ddrew's post
31-12-2011, 03:42 PM
Time out.

Existence requires observation. Since the universe had to exist before there was physical life in it that could observe it, there must have been a non-physical consciousness observing it. That consciousness would be the attribute of God. Therefore, God exists.

4 "False Premise" logic fouls, 1 "False Collorary" logic foul.
15 yard penalty. Repeat 1st down.

Next infraction will result in ejection. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Fordham Jock's post
31-12-2011, 05:17 PM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2011 05:29 PM by kim.)
[Image: 078.gif]Ego R's thread has become too repetitive to be entertaining anymore. I am only here to try out my new little barffing smiley.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
31-12-2011, 06:16 PM
(31-12-2011 05:17 PM)kim Wrote:  [Image: 078.gif]Ego R's thread has become too repetitive to be entertaining anymore. I am only here to try out my new little barffing smiley.

Definitely like the barfing smiley.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
31-12-2011, 11:59 PM
(31-12-2011 05:17 PM)kim Wrote:  [Image: 078.gif]Ego R's thread has become too repetitive to be entertaining anymore. I am only here to try out my new little barffing smiley.

It's very nice, I've stolen it. Thanks.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-01-2012, 12:10 AM

[Image: smiley-sex020.gif]

Sounds like fun. Oh wait, I have to keep it relevant. Um... something something Egor something something fallacy.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Starcrash's post