21-12-2011, 04:16 AM
RE: Egor's Proof of God
I have prove that god exists! Any god!
"Look at the flowers and trees and the wonder of nature!"
"Look at the human eye how complicated"
"Banana....." no not that one again

Also:
"God made the evidence for the flood vanish, that was part of his devine plan!"
"There are gaps in the fossil record" followed by "The fossils are put there by the devil to confuse us!"

Wow I should become a christian, I am getting better at that!

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Leela's post
21-12-2011, 04:33 AM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2011 04:38 AM by RedDragon81.)
Ok, I understand somewhat of what you are saying. Apologies... correct me if I'm wrong, If something exists, it has to have been observed?
Sounds to me like the old question "If a tree falls in the forest, and nobody hears it, does it make a sound?

How did God create the Solar Systems with Super Massive Black Holes in the centre? Not only is it that light can't escape its gravitational pull but also time is distorted to such an extent that it stops.

Therefore if there is no time at the centre of a black hole, how does God exist to create it? Surely nothing can exist if there is no time? Huh

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/curiosit...verse.html
Find all posts by this user
21-12-2011, 06:28 AM
Funny. This is typical Christian SPAMMING and TROLLING. Not a single evidence for anything, some wild claims, acting all righteous and superb, plays on the philosophy ticket, but wants to push that as evidence, pretends to know God better than God does...

C'mon man, could you first lurk around here a bit, read some of the more intelligent posts, see what we know and how well we are familiar with the Bible and all religions, then come with a normal question, not like this? Oh yeah, you couldn't, you are a TROLL!!

There is not a single thing you can explain about the origins of the universe, all you have are some wild assumptions with zero evidence. But then again, for God to exist one has to have faith and believe in Him, if we had evidence that God exists, God would stop existing.

And this statement that for something to exists it needs to be observed. WTF kind of stupid thing to say is that? Who told you that in the first place? That simply makes no sense at all and you failed to explain that to us retarded idiots who can't see the truth because we lack a part of our brain.

Now, shoo troll, shoo...

Or start playing and start providing some evidence and support to your claims, learn how to run a debate.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 5 users Like Filox's post
21-12-2011, 08:06 AM
(20-12-2011 09:54 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm so proud I'm about to shed a tear. Our boy is growing up into a fine, future atheist. Big Grin

Haha, well... I'm just trying to grasp his theology... which is pretty holely. I mean... how do you reconcile something like that?

(21-12-2011 01:35 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(20-12-2011 04:18 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I mean... doesn't this contradict your argument for God... and faith? God isn't observable, so by what you just said, God doesn't exist... right?

And, isn't the belief of God based on faith... and, doesn't your above statement debunk the very belief of faith?

No.

lolk

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
21-12-2011, 09:32 AM
(20-12-2011 03:22 PM)Ben Wrote:  What observed God into being?

I’m referring in my argument to the physical universe. God has existence as an attribute of His nature.

Everything we know about consciousness suggests that it arises as an emergent phenomenon from the physical interactions in our brains. Saying that a non-physical consciousness could exist is nonsense.
[+] 4 users Like Ben's post
21-12-2011, 10:15 AM
I know you're trolling, but I'm going to play anyway.

You said:

Existence requires observation. Since the universe had to exist before there was physical life in it that could observe it, there must have been a non-physical consciousness observing it. That consciousness would be the attribute of God. Therefore, God exists.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around this logic. Since my question was answered with a simple "No", I'm going to try and do your reconciliation... "try" being key, here.

Okay, you assert that existence requires observation. Okay, by this logic existence is relative to the person and what they can observe. Using your logic, existence does not exist if someone did not observe it; however, this means that you cannot observe things that existed before you were born or after you die - therefore, using your logic, there is no existence except what is observed by yourself.

No wait... I'm not done.

Yes, you can use the observations of others to verify existence, but by your logic it is invalid because your logic damns faith. Faith is based on something that you cannot, will not, or ever observe; and since existence requires observation, any observation that isn't observed by yourself is completely moot and nonexistent - including God.

Yeah, no. There is no reconciling this belief while claiming to be a Christian. Troll away!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 9 users Like kingschosen's post
21-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Egor, if only you'd taken my advice, perhaps you wouldn't have done a faceplant into the concrete floor before even reaching the trapeze. Your acrobatics are not only unoriginal, but pitiful. Just to give you a heads-up; religous doesn't have to equal completely closed minded and delusional. Take a lesson from our very own KC. At least attempt to apply some logic, and once in a while, tossing out the phrase, "I don't know" will not immediately condemn you to hell.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 7 users Like Stark Raving's post
21-12-2011, 10:40 AM
(21-12-2011 10:16 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Egor, if only you'd taken my advice, perhaps you wouldn't have done a faceplant into the concrete floor before even reaching the trapeze. Your acrobatics are not only unoriginal, but pitiful. Just to give you a heads-up; religous doesn't have to equal completely closed minded and delusional. Take a lesson from our very own KC. At least attempt to apply some logic, and once in a while, tossing out the phrase, "I don't know" will not immediately condemn you to hell.

It's nice and toasty warm in hell... and you don't have to play the harp Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
21-12-2011, 11:33 AM
Why has this gone on 4 pages? I'll never cease to be amazed at how everyone jumps on the illogical pleas of contrarians. Can't we spend this time with something more constructive than you spelled my idol's name wrong?

Though I am entertained with KC's attempt at re:heckling he put a lot of work into trying to make that no something worth hearing =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
[+] 5 users Like Lilith Pride's post
21-12-2011, 11:51 AM
(20-12-2011 04:11 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Why does something have to be observed to exist?

Because existence requires observation.

I don't mean to sound like a dick but that is possibly the worst answer I have ever had to any question I have ever asked ever!

I'll try again;

Why does existence require observation?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post