Egor's Proof of God

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
21-12-2011, 11:58 AM
RE: Egor's Proof of God
"because without an observer it can't exist" you know it's coming Hughsie =p

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Lilith Pride's post
21-12-2011, 12:00 PM
(21-12-2011 11:58 AM)Lilith Pride Wrote:  "because without an observer it can't exist" you know it's coming Hughsie =p

If that's what I get then I honestly don't know whether I'll laugh or cry. Will defo do one or the other though Big Grin.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
21-12-2011, 12:20 PM
(21-12-2011 10:15 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I know you're trolling, but I'm going to play anyway.

You said:

Existence requires observation. Since the universe had to exist before there was physical life in it that could observe it, there must have been a non-physical consciousness observing it. That consciousness would be the attribute of God. Therefore, God exists.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around this logic. Since my question was answered with a simple "No", I'm going to try and do your reconciliation... "try" being key, here.

Okay, you assert that existence requires observation. Okay, by this logic existence is relative to the person and what they can observe. Using your logic, existence does not exist if someone did not observe it; however, this means that you cannot observe things that existed before you were born or after you die - therefore, using your logic, there is no existence except what is observed by yourself.

No wait... I'm not done.

Yes, you can use the observations of others to verify existence, but by your logic it is invalid because your logic damns faith. Faith is based on something that you cannot, will not, or ever observe; and since existence requires observation, any observation that isn't observed by yourself is completely moot and nonexistent - including God.

Yeah, no. There is no reconciling this belief while claiming to be a Christian. Troll away!

Egor doesn't try... and so, belittles his own God. Sad
If a God exists, it would want you to at least try to understand; to be curious, to question, to experience and fully appreciate every given complexity. Only then could one have at least a partial understanding... a faith.

I've never had any issue with people having any sort of faith... I just figured my lack thereof was simply another way of getting through life. However, in the past several years and given my location, others have felt it important to leap out of their way to personally pound me into their way of thinking. And though that can usually invite full-on rejection, I have continued to maintain my non-theistic, ignostic life. It could be said for lack of an alternative word, my only faith might be a faith in humanity. Feeling somewhat separated from free thinkers, I came to the forum, possibly seeking to pump life back into my sense of humanity.

Angel Kingsy... I gotta say; you are a Righteous Dude.

However, Egor... you have not answered my question;
Quote:Egor Wrote: All things that exist have meaning.
_____
Kim: Meaning to whom?

Define meaning and then proceed.
_____
Egor: A reason for being.

Ok... All things have a reason for being... to whom? Or for whom?

Certainly, a reason for being would be relative and therefore not absolute.

As I said in your introductory thread:
Quote: In your first post, you said something about having forum people change your faith... why would anyone try to do something that can't be done? Influence or example, might get someone to change their self... but it would be that person alone who made this change, no one else.
One can not change another's faith (or lack thereof) anymore than one can know another's thoughts. One can dictate to another... but that might be a whole different thread. Shy

Nothing is absolute.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
21-12-2011, 12:25 PM
Going to take a crack hit of his logic really quick and see if I understand it.

Since none of you have actually "observed" me drinking beer then it never happen. Even though my testifying that I drink on a regular basis you all have never "obeserved" it means that everything I've said could be a lie. I've been sober this whole time.

You all didn't observe that beer so it never existed! HAH. Suckers!

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post
21-12-2011, 12:29 PM
(21-12-2011 12:25 PM)ddrew Wrote:  Going to take a crack hit of his logic really quick and see if I understand it.

Since none of you have actually "observed" me drinking beer then it never happen. Even though my testifying that I drink on a regular basis you all have never "obeserved" it means that everything I've said could be a lie. I've been sober this whole time.

Angel Thou art a cruel god, Ddrew.

Send me to your hell for my unworthiness by not understanding your expert trickery! Big Grin

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
21-12-2011, 12:35 PM
(21-12-2011 12:29 PM)kim Wrote:  Angel Thou art a cruel god, Ddrew.

Send me to your hell for my unworthiness by not understanding your expert trickery! Big Grin

Just give me 50 "Hail Hefeweizen"s in repentance and that'll be acceptable.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 4 users Like ddrew's post
21-12-2011, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2011 12:48 PM by kim.)
(21-12-2011 12:35 PM)ddrew Wrote:  
(21-12-2011 12:29 PM)kim Wrote:  Angel Thou art a cruel god, Ddrew.

Just give me 50 "Hail Hefeweizen"s in repentance and that'll be acceptable.

Well, now I'm really in trouble... I'm half Irish, half Czech.. I either drink Harp or a good Pilsner.
I fear a hell of German beer & song ... never could stand Wagner. Dodgy

I'm gathering sin upon sin... Oh well, such is doom...
As my people would say; PARTY! Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
21-12-2011, 12:46 PM
(21-12-2011 12:25 PM)ddrew Wrote:  Going to take a crack hit of his logic really quick and see if I understand it.

Actually, I think the joke's on you, Bubba, if you spent all that money on beer that never existed.Confused

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
21-12-2011, 01:22 PM
(21-12-2011 12:20 PM)kim Wrote:  Nothing is absolute.

That seems like a pretty absolute statement! Tongue
[+] 3 users Like Ben's post
21-12-2011, 01:35 PM
Existence does not require observation....

Damn that was easy to prove wrong.
[+] 1 user Likes mysticjbyrd's post