Egor's Proof of God

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 1 Average
21-12-2011, 11:18 PM

RE: Egor's Proof of God
(21-12-2011 01:48 AM)morondog Wrote:  Maybe I should just say: this argument is not proof for me and leave it at that. You seem happy that it's proof for you.

I see no need to burden myself with the gospels or the bible. I have a good life without any of that. I have read the bible many times, admittedly not from your strange perspective. But, my friend, as a freshly minted prophet, look elsewhere for followers. We may be hopelessly deluded from your point of view, but all of us have put a lot of effort into understanding this stuff. You're just the latest in a long line of people saying "if you read it in this light and from this angle it almost looks like a reasonable belief".

Your arguments are not new or convincing. If that's because of hopeless amounts of bias on our part... well, such is life. I think it's more because they *are not* sound. You can't see that though... It's ironic that I find myself saying this, because that exact accusation (of not being able to see or admit the flaws in my own argument) has been many times leveled at me, and I have never felt it justified. But that is the honest reason why I will no longer debate with you. Your ideas are fixed, you are right always (in your estimation), any challenge can be dismissed as the other not understanding or being rude or by advising the guy to read the gospels with an open mind. Sorry. Doesn't cut the mustard with me.

Damn. You ran away faster than an elderly church-goer from an atheist with a Mohawk at a Protest Wall Street rally. And we never even got into the nuts and bolts of this argument!

But this always happens when I get the better of an atheist, when I hand their ass to them. Why? Because you want to be an atheist. So, if I show you a convincing argument for the existence of the soul, you're going to walk away. You're never going to say, "Hmmm. I'll have to think on that." Why? Because you want to be an atheist. If I lay out one of the other dozens of arguments I know for the existence of God, you will walk away from every one of those, too--because you want to believe there is no God.

Jesus said, and you will recognize this because you've read the Bible so many times as an atheist, Jesus said: "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

You don’t see, because you don’t want to see. For whatever reason, you need your atheism. Undecided
Quote this message in a reply
21-12-2011, 11:30 PM (This post was last modified: 21-12-2011 11:40 PM by morondog.)
(21-12-2011 11:18 PM)Egor Wrote:  Damn. You ran away faster than an elderly church-goer from an atheist with a Mohawk at a Protest Wall Street rally. And we never even got into the nuts and bolts of this argument!

But this always happens when I get the better of an atheist, when I hand their ass to them. Why? Because you want to be an atheist. So, if I show you a convincing argument for the existence of the soul, you're going to walk away. You're never going to say, "Hmmm. I'll have to think on that." Why? Because you want to be an atheist. If I lay out one of the other dozens of arguments I know for the existence of God, you will walk away from every one of those, too--because you want to believe there is no God.

Jesus said, and you will recognize this because you've read the Bible so many times as an atheist, Jesus said: "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."

You don’t see, because you don’t want to see. For whatever reason, you need your atheism. Undecided

Trying to get under my skin Egor? Maybe I should translate my post for you:

You = Idiot.

Debate with Idiot = Pointless.

Therefore I will no longer debate with you.
(21-12-2011 11:18 PM)Egor Wrote:  But this always happens when I get the better of an atheist, when I hand their ass to them. Why? Because you want to be an atheist. So, if I show you a convincing argument for the existence of the soul, you're going to walk away. You're never going to say, "Hmmm. I'll have to think on that." Why? Because you want to be an atheist. If I lay out one of the other dozens of arguments I know for the existence of God, you will walk away from every one of those, too--because you want to believe there is no God.

Yeah you really handed my ass to me Dodgy

You can't win an argument by proclaiming that you've won Wink And congrats, you did actually succeed in getting a rise out of me. Now that we've proved that I'm human...

I'll say "Hmm, I'll think about that" when you show me something more than "I am right and all you stupid atheists are going to hell" as a so called argument.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
22-12-2011, 12:23 AM
(21-12-2011 11:18 PM)Egor Wrote:  But this always happens when I get the better of an atheist, when I hand their ass to them.

Really? Ya know Jesus commands you to spread his word and bring others to him. You have failed. Making comments like that will get you nowhere around here. Your trolling is at noobish levels and your making a very poor example of how a Christian and follower of Christ should act like. You should be ashamed of yourself. I know Jesus would be ashamed of you.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post
22-12-2011, 12:28 AM
(21-12-2011 11:18 PM)Egor Wrote:  But this always happens when I get the better of an atheist, when I hand their ass to them.

When did this happen?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
22-12-2011, 02:01 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2011 02:07 AM by Buddy Christ.)
From all I've seen in my time here, I gotta say... atheists LOVE trolls.

It always ends up a 20 page masterpiece of name-calling and blood orgies. I understand it and all. I mean it's like you've been training for years, taking supplements, studying lifting and fighting techniques, sparring with other similarly skilled opponents... and then one day a helpless retard child steps in the ring, calls all of you fags with a pompous attitude, and challenges you all to a fight.

OF COURSE you're going to unload on his poor defenseless body. You can only hope that when he crawls, barely conscious, out the door that he's learned just a little humility.

(I'm referring to past trolls, and not necessarily yourself, Egor.)

Ignore all this hatred and desire to fight back for a second and look at what you've presented to us as "proof." You've literally said nothing besides the one sentence you spouted in the Introductions thread, and yet you felt the need to make a whole new thread for it?

You aren't even trying feeble attempts at the Aquinas arguments (they suck and they're outdated... so please don't use them). You're just saying generalities based on false premises, then quoting scripture.

"But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect"
-1 Peter 3:15

Even Jesus thinks you're doing it wrong.

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
[+] 8 users Like Buddy Christ's post
22-12-2011, 02:02 AM
This guy is completely delusional. He just threw a few philosophy lines here and there and now he expects us to fall to our knees and what? Pray to Jebus? What are you, on some long-lasting strong mushrooms?

You, my friend, didn't even start a debate, let alone win one. You should take the English dictionary and look for the words like "evidence", "proof", "debate", "solid argument", but also the words like "Christian" and "Christianity".

So tell me, are you really that ignorant in thinking that we never questioned ourselves and our beliefs (most of us were Christians sometime in life)?

I'm still calling the TROLL card here, Hamata, this is a job for you, do your worst!

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 6 users Like Filox's post
22-12-2011, 02:54 AM

(21-12-2011 11:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  Trying to get under my skin Egor? Maybe I should translate my post for you:

You = Idiot.

You can't win an argument by proclaiming that you've won Wink And congrats, you did actually succeed in getting a rise out of me. Now that we've proved that I'm human...

You can’t handle the discussion. Why don’t you just admit it? Better yet, what is wrong with just saying you want to be an atheist? What, am I supposed to think you’re a victim of atheism? Am I supposed to think you’re a “bright” because you’re an atheist, and yet you can’t handle the argument from existence requiring consciousness.

You think you’re going to walk away all pompous like you can’t be lowered to debate. You can’t debate. It’s written all over your writings.

What is it? C’mon. Some kind of sexual immorality? Why do you want to be an atheist?

(22-12-2011 12:23 AM)ddrew Wrote:  Really? Ya know Jesus commands you to spread his word and bring others to him. You have failed. Making comments like that will get you nowhere around here. Your trolling is at noobish levels and your making a very poor example of how a Christian and follower of Christ should act like. You should be ashamed of yourself. I know Jesus would be ashamed of you.

So you, an atheist, think I should behave better according to traditional Christian morality. Is that what you’re saying?

(22-12-2011 02:01 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  From all I've seen in my time here, I gotta say... atheists LOVE trolls.

It always ends up a 20 page masterpiece of name-calling and blood orgies.

What else is blood for?

Quote: I understand it and all. I mean it's like you've been training for years, taking supplements, studying lifting and fighting techniques, sparring with other similarly skilled opponents... and then one day a helpless retard child steps in the ring, calls all of you fags with a pompous attitude, and challenges you all to a fight.

And I challenge the "Motor City Cobra", Thomas "Hit Man" Hearns to fight me for the Welterweight Championship of the whole world!

Quote: OF COURSE you're going to unload on his poor defenseless body. You can only hope that when he crawls, barely conscious, out the door that he's learned just a little humility.

Existere postulo speculation (Existence requires observation). Care to comment?

Quote: Ignore all this hatred and desire to fight back for a second and look at what you've presented to us as "proof." You've literally said nothing besides the one sentence you spouted in the Introductions thread, and yet you felt the need to make a whole new thread for it?

You aren't even trying feeble attempts at the Aquinas arguments (they suck and they're outdated... so please don't use them). You're just saying generalities based on false premises, then quoting scripture.

If you take away all the qualities from a thing that are elements of consciousness, what do you have left? Imagine an apple floating in space. There is nothing, absolutely nothing but you and the apple floating there and you are looking at it. What happens to the apple if you disappear?

Quote: "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect"

That wasn’t Jesus. But you’re right. Jesus would be a lot more direct than I am being.
Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2011, 03:59 AM
(22-12-2011 02:54 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(21-12-2011 11:30 PM)morondog Wrote:  Trying to get under my skin Egor? Maybe I should translate my post for you:

You = Idiot.

You can’t handle the discussion. Why don’t you just admit it? Better yet, what is wrong with just saying you want to be an atheist? What, am I supposed to think you’re a victim of atheism? Am I supposed to think you’re a “bright” because you’re an atheist, and yet you can’t handle the argument from existence requiring consciousness.

You think you’re going to walk away all pompous like you can’t be lowered to debate. You can’t debate. It’s written all over your writings.

What is it? C’mon. Some kind of sexual immorality? Why do you want to be an atheist?

(22-12-2011 12:23 AM)ddrew Wrote:  Really? Ya know Jesus commands you to spread his word and bring others to him. You have failed. Making comments like that will get you nowhere around here. Your trolling is at noobish levels and your making a very poor example of how a Christian and follower of Christ should act like. You should be ashamed of yourself. I know Jesus would be ashamed of you.

So you, an atheist, think I should behave better according to traditional Christian morality. Is that what you’re saying?

(22-12-2011 02:01 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  From all I've seen in my time here, I gotta say... atheists LOVE trolls.

It always ends up a 20 page masterpiece of name-calling and blood orgies.

What else is blood for?

Quote: I understand it and all. I mean it's like you've been training for years, taking supplements, studying lifting and fighting techniques, sparring with other similarly skilled opponents... and then one day a helpless retard child steps in the ring, calls all of you fags with a pompous attitude, and challenges you all to a fight.

And I challenge the "Motor City Cobra", Thomas "Hit Man" Hearns to fight me for the Welterweight Championship of the whole world!

Quote: OF COURSE you're going to unload on his poor defenseless body. You can only hope that when he crawls, barely conscious, out the door that he's learned just a little humility.

Existere postulo speculation (Existence requires observation). Care to comment?

Quote: Ignore all this hatred and desire to fight back for a second and look at what you've presented to us as "proof." You've literally said nothing besides the one sentence you spouted in the Introductions thread, and yet you felt the need to make a whole new thread for it?

If you take away all the qualities from a thing that are elements of consciousness, what do you have left? Imagine an apple floating in space. There is nothing, absolutely nothing but you and the apple floating there and you are looking at it. What happens to the apple if you disappear?

Quote: "But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect"

That wasn’t Jesus. But you’re right. Jesus would be a lot more direct than I am being.

Don't know if stupid or just very christian..
[+] 8 users Like imralav's post
22-12-2011, 04:51 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2011 04:59 AM by Jackrabbit.)

Every time you type a word, u make me have a massive

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivati...278061.jpg

At least try to prove your claim that existence requires observation, gimme some research anything man. Your making it terribly hard for me to believe in Jesus Christ as my lord and savior, I can guarantee you that Islam had some great pseudo-philosophy better than that which you are presenting here, and at least the sheikhs and imams have the decency of *attempting* to properly explaining and defending their point of view by trying to twist scientific fact and interpreting the quraan differently (badly as may be).
We are all waiting for someone to prove to us that god exists, a task that you are poorly doing.
every time someone attempts to poke holes in your logic and rationalisation you just go "cuz god dun it", "because i said so" or you just ignore perfectly valid points and questions for some reason (i can take a wild guess why).

I say, Proof or GTFO

Just like i have to prove to you that the flying spaghetti monster is real (because i am now making the unfounded claim that it exists)
you have to prove to me that God is real or that existence requires observation or whatever the hell you were going on about.
(because you are now making the unfounded claim, the burden is on you to submit evidence and defend it scientifically)

You might say "Golly jee whiz Mr. Jackrabbit my evidence was the statement that existence requires observation" then sir i have to ask you to prove that statement or stop wasting our time.

I believe there is a reason ur using pseudo-philosophy instead of any actual science at least try to poke some holes in evolution and prove Adam and eve,
or at least attempt to prove that Noah was there. You can't do that because of all the factual and hard evidence is against these claims (claims mandatory for all believers of the torah, bible and quraan to believe in) so you retreat to something as obscure and vague as pseudo-philosophy

God is always on the retreat, at first he was in the sun and moon (tide comes in tide comes out, never a miscommunication), and when people learn more about the natural order, he retreats a little further and now he lingers at the time before the big bang and the edge of space, and in the reaches of half-baked philosophical ideas that cannot be proved or disproved because simply they make no sense. People claimed with certainty that God created the universe, after the big bang, people claimed with certainty that god created the big bang that created the universe, and if we ever discover anything new about the big bang im sure people will claim with certainty that god made that thing which made the big bang which made the universe. This will just go on and on. (run on sentence recovery)
I say to you Egor if god really exists, who created god? super god?
and who created super god? super-duper god?
we can both make wild claims back and forth, claims that are neither factual nor based on any evidence.

I also find it odd u haven't replied to any of my previous posts...

"Yeah, good idea. Make them buy your invisible apple. Insist that they do. Market it properly and don't stop until they pay for it." -Malleus
[+] 2 users Like Jackrabbit's post
22-12-2011, 04:56 AM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2011 04:58 AM by morondog.)
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post