Egyptair flight from Paris to Cairo crashes

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-05-2016, 01:07 PM
RE: Egyptair flight from Paris to Cairo crashes
(19-05-2016 09:27 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 08:48 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Yeah, as far as I am aware they have not yet said anything about a crash. That is obviously a possibility as they are looking for debris, but who knows what really happened as of right now.

It's a confirmed crash, I saw the press conference. An Egyptian AC-130 claims to have found the wreck. Neither French or Egyptian officals rule out a terror attack. This is the 12'th incident with the Airbus A320 since 1988.

I bet it's ISIS.

I haven't seen the latest news since this morning. No

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-05-2016, 01:18 PM
Unless you expect perfection (unrealistic) - you really can't fault the aircraft.

For all the attention the A320 has gotten lately, with high profile cases (and likely at least one, done intentionally by the pilot -- in which case you can't fault the aircraft) --it's still rated as the 6th safest flying.... And part of that statistic is some planes that are much less in numbers in the air fleet - with no accidents at all.....

http://www.fearofflying.com/resources/sa....shtml#320

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
19-05-2016, 01:22 PM
(19-05-2016 12:31 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  It's confirmed crash, strong indication an explosion though no 100% confirmation as t what exactly happened.

(19-05-2016 11:42 AM)julep Wrote:  My husband is flying home from Paris in two days. Yikes.

I wouldn't worry too much, thousands of other planes traveled safely to and from the same area at the same time. Very rare for someone to be in an incident like that.

I know the risk is low, but I'm always a bit nervous when he's on a plane, so my jitters have increased.
19-05-2016, 01:25 PM
(19-05-2016 01:22 PM)julep Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 12:31 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  It's confirmed crash, strong indication an explosion though no 100% confirmation as t what exactly happened.

I wouldn't worry too much, thousands of other planes traveled safely to and from the same area at the same time. Very rare for someone to be in an incident like that.

I know the risk is low, but I'm always a bit nervous when he's on a plane, so my jitters have increased.

It's understandable

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
19-05-2016, 01:31 PM
Greek officials now saying no wreckage has been found, the earlier debris has not come from a plane based on current analysis.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
19-05-2016, 01:40 PM
(19-05-2016 11:30 AM)Marozz Wrote:  
(19-05-2016 08:47 AM)morondog Wrote:  I'm flying Egyptair in about 2 months Gasp

After this I'm sure security will be tightened so Egyptair will probably be very safe to fly with.

Yeah. I'm keen to see the pyramids anyway, we fly into Cairo in the morning so hopefully will be able to see them from the air. So any terrorists need to do their thing on the London leg. 'Cos I will *not* be impressed if I don't get to see the pyramids.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-05-2016, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 19-05-2016 02:22 PM by BnW.)
CNN and others reporting the wreckage has been found and validated.

Oh, and the head of the Egyptian civil aviation ministry said it is more likely to have a terrorist attack bring down a plane than a mechanical failure. I call bullshit. Regardless of the cause here, h
There are dramatically more crashes due to mechanical issues than terror.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
19-05-2016, 02:27 PM
Claims that it was a false flag incident in 3, 2, 1....

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
19-05-2016, 03:18 PM
It still amazes me that we can lose track of something as big and important as a commercial passenger airplane with modern tracking technologies.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
19-05-2016, 03:58 PM
(19-05-2016 03:18 PM)Vosur Wrote:  It still amazes me that we can lose track of something as big and important as a commercial passenger airplane with modern tracking technologies.

Systems fail, failsafes malfunction. Probability of infallibility is probably close to zero.

EDIT: Also, the pre-flight checkup is occasionaly somewhat half-assed.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.