Egyptian Mass Killing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2017, 06:06 AM
RE: Egyptian Mass Killing
(25-11-2017 05:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Question: When the NRA and their lapdogs stand in front of each subsequent tragedy and toe the line of 'the only thing that can stop a bad-guy with a gun is a good-guy with a gun'...

I'm guessing that Onlinebiker would suggest—as per this oft-quoted claim—that if those 235 worshippers had each been in possession of a firearm, then they'd still be alive today because... well, after all, they were the "good guys" in this scenario. Blink

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-11-2017, 06:15 AM
(25-11-2017 06:06 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(25-11-2017 05:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Question: When the NRA and their lapdogs stand in front of each subsequent tragedy and toe the line of 'the only thing that can stop a bad-guy with a gun is a good-guy with a gun'...

I'm guessing that Onlinebiker would suggest—as per this oft-quoted claim—that if those 235 worshippers had each been in possession of a firearm, then they'd still be alive today because... well, after all, they were the "good guys" in this scenario. Blink

Yep, you definitely want everybody to be armed in the mulsim world, particularly in the middle east. With everybody being armed, there soon would be no problems anymore with killings...but i bet not the way some people think, but because of a lack of people.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
25-11-2017, 06:29 AM
(25-11-2017 05:46 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(25-11-2017 05:19 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Onlintriker is interested in promoting his agenda.

i.e. guns are never the problem...

Yep, and "shouting works better than debate."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-11-2017, 06:30 AM
(25-11-2017 06:06 AM)SYZ Wrote:  

[Image: kingsman-firth-church-kingsman-church-sc...284398.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
25-11-2017, 07:36 AM
(25-11-2017 05:51 AM)abaris Wrote:  
(25-11-2017 04:49 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I' m in full agreement with you, but the White House press secretary, and the majority of the media seem to think they're totally different...

Rule of thumb, white man doing it, it's an isolated mass shooting. Brown man doing it, it's terrorism. It's purely for political reasons so as not to offend certain goups that may even sympathize with some of the perpetrators.

To have called either the Las Vegas shooting or the Texas church shooting "terrorism" would have been just wrong use of the word. Terrorism is use of violence with a larger purpose of intimidation or coercion, generally to support some larger political or social goal. Dylan Roof was a terrorist as well as an angry lone kook with personal issues, the LV and church shooter seem to have just been the latter.

[+] 2 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
25-11-2017, 07:39 AM
(25-11-2017 07:36 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(25-11-2017 05:51 AM)abaris Wrote:  Rule of thumb, white man doing it, it's an isolated mass shooting. Brown man doing it, it's terrorism. It's purely for political reasons so as not to offend certain goups that may even sympathize with some of the perpetrators.

To have called either the Las Vegas shooting or the Texas church shooting "terrorism" would have been just wrong use of the word. Terrorism is use of violence with a larger purpose of intimidation or coercion, generally to support some larger political or social goal. Dylan Roof was a terrorist as well as an angry lone kook with personal issues, the LV and church shooter seem to have just been the latter.

And if a brown man does an entire church full of people then it is terrorism no matter what his actual goals, right?
25-11-2017, 07:46 AM
(25-11-2017 07:39 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(25-11-2017 07:36 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  To have called either the Las Vegas shooting or the Texas church shooting "terrorism" would have been just wrong use of the word. Terrorism is use of violence with a larger purpose of intimidation or coercion, generally to support some larger political or social goal. Dylan Roof was a terrorist as well as an angry lone kook with personal issues, the LV and church shooter seem to have just been the latter.

And if a brown man does an entire church full of people then it is terrorism no matter what his actual goals, right?

Wrong.

25-11-2017, 08:43 AM
(25-11-2017 07:46 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(25-11-2017 07:39 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  And if a brown man does an entire church full of people then it is terrorism no matter what his actual goals, right?

Wrong.

Of course not... Drinking Beverage
25-11-2017, 08:59 AM
(25-11-2017 08:43 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(25-11-2017 07:46 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Wrong.

Of course not... Drinking Beverage

Give me a particular "brown man" situation that you think was an unfair label of terrorism and we can consider it, there may be some.

It's not a perfect formula because human behavior is complex and people do things for more than one reason but in general the more evidence there is that a violent act is carried out in support of larger political goals the more confidently we can use the term "terrorism." Unless I'm missing something the recent church shooter and the Vegas guy gave zero evidence of this, so, terrorism not an accurate description for them, it's not "oh, give the white guy a pass."

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
25-11-2017, 09:53 AM
(25-11-2017 08:59 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(25-11-2017 08:43 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Of course not... Drinking Beverage

Give me a particular "brown man" situation that you think was an unfair label of terrorism and we can consider it, there may be some.

It's not a perfect formula because human behavior is complex and people do things for more than one reason but in general the more evidence there is that a violent act is carried out in support of larger political goals the more confidently we can use the term "terrorism." Unless I'm missing something the recent church shooter and the Vegas guy gave zero evidence of this, so, terrorism not an accurate description for them, it's not "oh, give the white guy a pass."
Oh, yes it is.