Egyptian Mass Killing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-11-2017, 12:39 PM
RE: Egyptian Mass Killing
(25-11-2017 12:29 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(25-11-2017 12:06 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Yeah, right. What's their manifesto? "Eliminate as many country and western music fans as possible"? Or maybe "Kill all those white people in that church, one or two of them are bound to be my damn in-laws."

How about "the country is too damn liberal!!!!!!!!"

So someone who thinks the country is too damn liberal is a terrorist. Got it.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
25-11-2017, 12:44 PM
I guess only one side is allowed to use bald assertions here. Blink
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
25-11-2017, 12:46 PM
(25-11-2017 12:39 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(25-11-2017 12:29 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  How about "the country is too damn liberal!!!!!!!!"

So someone who thinks the country is too damn liberal is a terrorist. Got it.

Come meet my cousins. I'll point out the road you need to take. Have a Hummer or you won't get there. If you get back out the feds will be talking to you.
25-11-2017, 12:59 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2017 01:02 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(25-11-2017 12:33 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(25-11-2017 12:07 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Support your claim that the "prototypical" shooter is right-wing, please. Give us facts.

Question: How many Liberal/Progressive mass shooters are there?

I didn't make any claim. Why are you asking me to support a claim you're imputing?

Rev made a claim. It's his responsibility to back it up.

(25-11-2017 12:33 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I mean, who has the guns? Who wants the guns?

I know enough liberal gun-owners, my mother's husband included, not to mention plenty of Austinites who regularly vote Dem. I live in a fairly liberal part of Texas, and even so, gun-owners are everywhere.

(25-11-2017 12:33 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Who goes out and buys more after every massacre?

Non sequitur. Who buys guns after a massacre has absolutely no bearing on the shooter's political views.

(25-11-2017 12:33 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Who voted against Obama because of the lie based fear of regulating the guns? Who tows the line for the NRA and their weapon manufacturing masters? Who is joining the militias? Who is taking over the birding stations? Who is advocating for violence against other faiths? Who is pointing guns at federal agents over a moocher's cattle? Who has the 'Speak English or Get Out' bumper stickers? Who is attacking abortion clinics and doctors? Who are the sovereign citizens and the doomsday preppers? Who is soft peddling the Nazis?

Yes, we know, rabid gun-owners exist.

None of your screed addresses the request for evidence I made, to support the claim that these mass shootings are being conducted by right-wingers. Your points have no bearing on the shooters' motivations or political aims. It follows that your points do not address the question of whether any or most or all of these shootings are terrorism.

We simply have no idea in the Las Vegas shooting. It seems reasonable to suppose that the Texas shooter was conservative given his background, but it seems clear that his motive was personal and not political. Dylan Roof's mass-murder was certainly terrorism, and he was certainly right-wing, so that's one. The fact that the Feds didn't refer to it as terror is obnoxious to me as well.

But any claim that these are mostly the result of right-wing nuts needs support. I'm amenable to evidence. Got any?
25-11-2017, 12:59 PM
(25-11-2017 12:46 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(25-11-2017 12:39 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  So someone who thinks the country is too damn liberal is a terrorist. Got it.

Come meet my cousins. I'll point out the road you need to take.

If it runs in the family they won't be able to make much sense either. Smile

25-11-2017, 01:01 PM
(25-11-2017 12:59 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(25-11-2017 12:46 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Come meet my cousins. I'll point out the road you need to take.

If it runs in the family they won't be able to make much sense either. Smile

You're just easily swooshed. Drinking Beverage
25-11-2017, 01:04 PM
(25-11-2017 12:44 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I guess only one side is allowed to use bald assertions here. Blink

Feel free to ask for evidence of any bald claim you think someone has made.
25-11-2017, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 25-11-2017 01:25 PM by Szuchow.)
(25-11-2017 12:59 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(25-11-2017 12:33 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Question: How many Liberal/Progressive mass shooters are there?

I didn't make any claim. Why are you asking me to support a claim you're imputing?

Rev made a claim. It's his responsibility to back it up.

(25-11-2017 12:33 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I mean, who has the guns? Who wants the guns?

I know enough liberal gun-owners, my mother's husband included, not to mention plenty of Austinites who regularly vote Dem. I live in a fairly liberal part of Texas, and even so, gun-owners are everywhere.

(25-11-2017 12:33 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Who goes out and buys more after every massacre?

Non sequitur. Who buys guns after a massacre has absolutely no bearing on the shooter's political views.

(25-11-2017 12:33 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Who voted against Obama because of the lie based fear of regulating the guns? Who tows the line for the NRA and their weapon manufacturing masters? Who is joining the militias? Who is taking over the birding stations? Who is advocating for violence against other faiths? Who is pointing guns at federal agents over a moocher's cattle? Who has the 'Speak English or Get Out' bumper stickers? Who is attacking abortion clinics and doctors? Who are the sovereign citizens and the doomsday preppers? Who is soft peddling the Nazis?

Yes, we know, rabid gun-owners exist.

None of your screed addresses the request for evidence I made, to support the claim that these mass shootings are being conducted by right-wingers. Your points have no bearing on the shooters' motivations or political aims. It follows that your points do not address the question of whether any or most or all of these shootings are terrorism.

We simply have no idea in the Las Vegas shooting. It seems reasonable to suppose that the Texas shooter was conservative given his background, but it seems clear that his motive was personal and not political. Dylan Roof's mass-murder was certainly terrorism, and he was certainly right-wing, so that's one. The fact that the Feds didn't refer to it as terror is obnoxious to me as well.

But any claim that these are mostly the result of right-wing nuts needs support. I'm amenable to evidence. Got any?
Here is relevant link.

From nearly end of page: Between 1970 and 2011, 32 percent of the perpetrator groups were motivated by ethnonationalist/separatist agendas, 28 percent were motivated by single issues, such as animal rights or opposition to war, and seven percent were motivated by religious beliefs. In addition, 11 percent of the perpetrator groups were classified as extreme right-wing, and 22 percent were categorized as extreme left-wing. [from study made by National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism – called ”Profiles of Perpetrators of Terrorism in the United States].

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
25-11-2017, 01:38 PM
(25-11-2017 06:06 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(25-11-2017 05:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Question: When the NRA and their lapdogs stand in front of each subsequent tragedy and toe the line of 'the only thing that can stop a bad-guy with a gun is a good-guy with a gun'...

I'm guessing that Onlinebiker would suggest—as per this oft-quoted claim—that if those 235 worshippers had each been in possession of a firearm, then they'd still be alive today because... well, after all, they were the "good guys" in this scenario. Blink
Keep guessing.

For the record (for the umpteenth time) - I am not the NRA. I am not now, nor have I ever been a member of the NRA. I don't take marching orders from them, nor do I agree with all their policies, talking points nor ideology.

Any belief you have otherwise is simply a result of your limited, binary mindset.

I'm a double atheist. I don't believe in your god or your politician.
25-11-2017, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if American terrorists are overwhelmingly right wing, gun-owning, angry, reactionary MAGA hat wearers. As long as they are terrorists. My issue is sloppy and lazy use of the word. Szuchow's link has several pages of criteria for identifying what is in fact a terrorist act. Not just "Brown people who kill people are often labeled terrorists, therefore in the interest of fairness any white people who kill people must be labeled terrorists as well."