Egyptian Salafist Demands the Destruction of the Sphinx and Giza Pyramids

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-11-2012, 05:56 PM
RE: Egyptian Salafist Demands the Destruction of the Sphinx and Giza Pyramids
(14-11-2012 05:51 PM)Janus Wrote:  
(14-11-2012 12:49 AM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  To those who find this laughably implausible, let me present to you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhas_of_Bamiyan

Quite!

Quote:However, I would like to see a reconstructed Sphinx Consider

Naah! Too easy!
I would like to see the pyramid of Khaffre reconstructed. But just like the original (as they claim) reconstructed within 20 years (working only 6 months per year), with only manual labor, no wheels and no engines! And only stone tools! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
On the upside: they can use as many laborers as they like.
They had copper chisels.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-11-2012, 06:08 PM (This post was last modified: 14-11-2012 06:16 PM by Janus.)
(14-11-2012 05:56 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-11-2012 05:51 PM)Janus Wrote:  Quite!

Naah! Too easy!
I would like to see the pyramid of Khaffre reconstructed. But just like the original (as they claim) reconstructed within 20 years (working only 6 months per year), with only manual labor, no wheels and no engines! And only stone tools! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
On the upside: they can use as many laborers as they like.
They had copper chisels.

The few, rare, copper chisels they had were for ritual purposes only. Totally useless for chiseling rock.
You try to chisel a simple standard size brick, just one, out of a rock with a copper chisel.
Better make sure you have about a hundred of those copper chisels of yours available. To chisel out that one brick!
Khaffre's pyramid consists of 2.3 million multi-tonne blocks...
I.o.w. you may safely assume that no copper chisels were used in the building of Khaffre's pyramid.
Find all posts by this user
15-11-2012, 08:54 PM
This Salafist can beat his chest all he wants, this isn't happening. No joke, do you have any idea what kind of revenue these sites generate for Egypt? Something about bullshit walks...

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
[+] 2 users Like Ghost's post
16-11-2012, 12:13 AM
(15-11-2012 08:54 PM)Ghost Wrote:  This Salafist can beat his chest all he wants, this isn't happening. No joke, do you have any idea what kind of revenue these sites generate for Egypt? Something about bullshit walks...

Matt

Are you going to make me repeat myself sir?

For I dare say, my point on the first page is still valid.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
16-11-2012, 07:06 AM
Hey, Free.

Not believing that humans are stupid but appreciating your sentiment all the same, we're talking a significant part of Egyptian GDP here. Even extremists need to opay for things.

Matt
16-11-2012, 07:41 AM
(16-11-2012 07:06 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Free.

Not believing that humans are stupid but appreciating your sentiment all the same, we're talking a significant part of Egyptian GDP here. Even extremists need to opay for things.

Matt
You are assuming a degree of rationality that may not be warranted.

No one in his right mind would have participated in the destruction of the Bamiyan Buddhas, yet they are destroyed.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
16-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Hey, Chas.

Apples and oranges. Those were never-visited statues in the rectum of a war-torn country that no one visits because they've been bombed for decades. Nothing was at stake except for the obvious outrage, which, coupled with a nickel, will get one a cup of jack squat.

The Egyptian sites are entirely different.

Quote:Egyptian tourism is one of the most important elements of Egypt’s
economy, where generating the country’s income is estimated at 5.12
billion dollars, more than double the income of the Suez Canal, and
tourism contributed about 11.3% of GDP, and works in the private
individual of every seven of the workforce.
-SOURCE

I can appreciate that this random crank thinks he's all tough and talks a big game, but he'll destroy the pyramids the day my plane crashes into a shark's mouth. I ain't losin' no sleep Cool

Shit, I live next door to the United States. If I lost it every time some crank said something outlandish, my head would have exploded by now Cool

Matt
[+] 1 user Likes Ghost's post
16-11-2012, 09:32 PM
Without the pyramids and other ancient artefacts Egypt is basically far more trouble than it's worth. It's an empty sand box without resources and 60 million mouths to feed.
17-11-2012, 01:59 AM
(16-11-2012 09:32 PM)Janus Wrote:  Without the pyramids and other ancient artefacts Egypt is basically far more trouble than it's worth. It's an empty sand box without resources and 60 million mouths to feed.
Plus a trade connection worth roughly 4.8 billion dollars. Annually.

...... what I want to know is how the hell do they plan to destroy the pyramids? Fire a rocket launcher at them and pock them with a relatively tiny crater? Drill and dynamite over several months like you're carving a path for a road through a mountain while law enforcement completely ignores you? Cart them away brick by humongous brick? Leaving aside that desecrating historical monuments is Bad (and it is), this is hilarious.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
17-11-2012, 09:25 AM
(16-11-2012 08:17 AM)Ghost Wrote:  Hey, Chas.

Apples and oranges. Those were never-visited statues in the rectum of a war-torn country that no one visits because they've been bombed for decades. Nothing was at stake except for the obvious outrage, which, coupled with a nickel, will get one a cup of jack squat.

The Egyptian sites are entirely different.

Quote:Egyptian tourism is one of the most important elements of Egypt’s
economy, where generating the country’s income is estimated at 5.12
billion dollars, more than double the income of the Suez Canal, and
tourism contributed about 11.3% of GDP, and works in the private
individual of every seven of the workforce.
-SOURCE

I can appreciate that this random crank thinks he's all tough and talks a big game, but he'll destroy the pyramids the day my plane crashes into a shark's mouth. I ain't losin' no sleep Cool

Shit, I live next door to the United States. If I lost it every time some crank said something outlandish, my head would have exploded by now Cool

Matt

It's not apples and oranges. If irrational people gain power in Egypt, they will do irrational things. Why do you ascribe reason to the unreasonable?

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post