Egyptian paganism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2016, 01:37 PM
Egyptian paganism
I watched a documentary about Egyptian religious practices which suggests that Egypt was submerged in a sexual religion
https://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=JySfvKPDFwc

The Egyptains were Sumerian pyramid builders. They seem from this analysis to have elevated the orgasm to a higher and divine mental state. http://www.world-spirit.org/Aurora/ankh

I had not studied Egyptology but it appears to me on just this cursory review that Christianity must be a wholesale Roman/Helenistic invention with its new definition of God as the logos. It's aim must have been to undermine and redirect this pagan religion. All the Egyptian deities were highly phallocentric and the pharaohs thought they would have sex inthe afterlife with the gods. So in all this religious sex, where on earth does a non phallic Judaic God fit and where wee the Jews?

Islam is Abrahamic and it promotes polygamy, sex slavery and sex in the afterlife which must mean the Judaic God was a phallic god.

Yes, no?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2016, 01:49 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2016 02:15 PM by Bucky Ball.)
RE: Egyptian paganism
Sumerian monument building developed separately from Egyptian pyramid building. Both can be individually and separately traced.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ziggurat
The failures of Egyptian pyramid building, and the dates for the attempts/engineering mistakes, are known.
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/pyrami...eline.html

Islam was not an Abrahamic religion. It developed directly from the Arabic moon-god cult. It's inventors claimed that Yahweh was the same as Allah, (which was a common practice of early Islam, ... as long as the newly encountered theist system was monotheistic, they claimed the new god as "just another name for Allah"). In fact that is totally false. Allah developed from the god Sin, (which is why some Muslims get so mad when the "Satanic Verses are brought up .... the 3 divine daughters of Sin are the same 3 divine daughters named in the Satanic Verses as the daughters of Allah), and throughout the Hebrew texts, the Hebrews we told to stop messing with the worship of the rival god. They have different origins in Babylonian mythology. Sin and Yahweh were (mythic) brothers, and sons of El Elyon.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-08-2016, 08:37 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2016 09:00 PM by Deltabravo.)
Yeah right. It's.like someone saying that identical office blocks built in Chicago and Detroit just happen to look the same and the technology arose independently because the places are a few hundred miles apart. Lol

Only you buy your theory. The rest of the planet accepts that Abraham is the patriarch of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Why body swerve the question I asked?

All historians assert that the Jewish people were in Egypt. So which Phallic God is Yahweh? Ancients saw all male gods as phallic impregnators.

I am making the point that the religions of that era and place had a central God who create with his Phallus. Moderns covered up this in Egypt by defacing monuments and self censoring their reports out of Victorian prudery. Yahweh, or God created man in his own image so the Jewish God is like Jupiter in the painting but maybe without the fish tail. That has to be right.

I've read the stuff about the Islamic moon God but all it is saying is the inventors the Koran chose Allah as name for Yahweh or God. They only gave an existing religion a new book. They didn't create a new religious culture. They just piggybacked their new book onto an existing religion for those who had not converted to Christianity and then forced it on everyone.

The point I.am.making is that the Jewish religion into which Jesus is born isn't Hellenistic. It is pagan Egyptian so Judaism in that time must have resembled Egyptian Paganism and God was o me or other of the phallic gods since he created man in his image and shagged Mary just as Jupiter shagged Olympius.

The Egyptians believed in sex as an ultimate good and in sex in the afterlife which Islam accepts as well so in that respect Islam follows in an Egyptian tradition and Judaism came out of Egypt. it seems Bucky that you want to isolate Judaism from this worldwide view of gods. It's not unique though.

My main concern is that in all this debunking of religions there is little mention here of real history which suggests an old civilization which had a fertility religion and a fertility God and built little mountains wherever they went as monuments to their gods and not as burial chambers alone. What the Romans do, having moved towards a more secular, rational world view in the late Republic, is to reinvent this old Phallic religion as Hellenistic by grabbing a figure called Jesus and turning him into the protagonist of a Hellenistic religion which one might say, "saved" the world from a barbaric pagan religion in which the rulers used sex to link themselves to god and impose their will (and have a good time). Given the location of this religion at the geo-political centerfield the.world these rulers were also fabulously wealthy so they built pyramids.as public works projects to keep people busy and in employment.
13-08-2016, 08:46 PM
Quote:All historians assert that the Jewish people were in Egypt.

You can't be serious with that shit?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evidence_fo..._consensus

Quote:Despite being regarded in Judaism as the primary factual historical narrative of the origin of the religion, culture and ethnicity, Exodus is now accepted by scholars as having been compiled in the 8th–7th centuries BCE from stories dating possibly as far back as the 13th century BCE, with further polishing in the 6th–5th centuries BCE, as a theological and political manifesto to unite the Israelites in the then‐current battle for territory against Egypt.[4]

Archaeologists from the 19th century onward were actually surprised not to find any evidence whatsoever for the events of Exodus. By the 1970s, archaeologists had largely given up regarding the Bible as any use at all as a field guide.

The archaeological evidence of local Canaanite, rather than Egyptian, origins of the kingdoms of Judah and Israel is "overwhelming," and leaves "no room for an Exodus from Egypt or a 40‐year pilgrimage through the Sinai wilderness."[5] The culture of the earliest Israelite settlements is Canaanite, their cult objects are of the Canaanite god El, the pottery is in the local Canaanite tradition, and the alphabet is early Canaanite. Almost the sole marker distinguishing Israelite villages from Canaanite sites is an absence of pig bones.

It is considered possible that those Canaanites who started regarding themselves as the Israelites were joined or led by a small group of Semites from Egypt, possibly carrying stories that made it into Exodus. As the tribe expanded, they may have begun to clash with neighbors, perhaps sparking the tales of conflict in Joshua and Judges.

William Dever, an archaeologist normally associated with the more conservative end of Syro-Palestinian archaeology, has labeled the question of the historicity of Exodus “dead.” Israeli archaeologist Ze'ev Herzog provides the current consensus view on the historicity of the Exodus;[6]
“”The Israelites never were in Egypt. They never came from abroad. This whole chain is broken. It is not a historical one. It is a later legendary reconstruction—made in the seventh century [BCE]—of a history that never happened.

Professor of Ancient History and Archaeology Eric H. Cline[wp] also summarizes the scholarly consensus in his book Biblical Archaeology: A Very Short Introduction (published by Oxford University Press and winner of the 2011 Biblical Archaeology Society's "Best Popular Book on Archaeology");[7]
Despite attempts by a number of biblical archaeologists - and an even larger number of amateur enthusiasts - over the years, credible direct archaeological evidence for the Exodus has yet to be found. While it can be argued that such evidence would be difficult to find, since nomads generally do not leave behind permanent installations, archaeologists have discovered and excavated nomadic emplacements from other periods in the Sinai desert. So if there were archaeological remains to be found from the Exodus, one would have expected them to be found by now. And yet, thus far there is no trace of the biblical "600,000 men on foot, besides children" plus "a mixed crowd...and live stock in great numbers" (Exod. 12:37-38) who wandered for forty years in the desert.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 3 users Like Minimalist's post
13-08-2016, 08:56 PM
(13-08-2016 01:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Sumerian monument building developed separately from Egyptian pyramid building. Both can be individually and separately traced.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ziggurat
The failures of Egyptian pyramid building, and the dates for the attempts/engineering mistakes, are known.
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/pyrami...eline.html

Islam was not an Abrahamic religion. It developed directly from the Arabic moon-god cult. It's inventors claimed that Yahweh was the same as Allah, (which was a common practice of early Islam, ... as long as the newly encountered theist system was monotheistic, they claimed the new god as "just another name for Allah"). In fact that is totally false. Allah developed from the god Sin, (which is why some Muslims get so mad when the "Satanic Verses are brought up .... the 3 divine daughters of Sin are the same 3 divine daughters named in the Satanic Verses as the daughters of Allah), and throughout the Hebrew texts, the Hebrews we told to stop messing with the worship of the rival god. They have different origins in Babylonian mythology. Sin and Yahweh were (mythic) brothers, and sons of El Elyon.

What does Sin mean roughly?

I'm homophobic in the same way that I'm arachnophobic. I'm not scared of gay people but I'm going to scream if I find one in my bath.

I'm. Also homophobic in the same way I'm arachnophobic. I'm scared of spiders but I'd still fuck'em.
- my friend Marc
13-08-2016, 09:11 PM
(13-08-2016 08:46 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:All historians assert that the Jewish people were in Egypt.

You can't be serious with that shit?

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evidence_fo..._consensus

Quote:Despite being regarded in Judaism as the primary factual historical narrative of the origin of the religion, culture and ethnicity, Exodus is now accepted by scholars as having been compiled in the 8th–7th centuries BCE from stories dating possibly as far back as the 13th century BCE, with further polishing in the 6th–5th centuries BCE, as a theological and political manifesto to unite the Israelites in the then‐current battle for territory against Egypt.[4]

Archaeologists from the 19th century onward were actually surprised not to find any evidence whatsoever for the events of Exodus. By the 1970s, archaeologists had largely given up regarding the Bible as any use at all as a field guide.

The archaeological evidence of local Canaanite, rather than Egyptian, origins of the kingdoms of Judah and Israel is "overwhelming," and leaves "no room for an Exodus from Egypt or a 40‐year pilgrimage through the Sinai wilderness."[5] The culture of the earliest Israelite settlements is Canaanite, their cult objects are of the Canaanite god El, the pottery is in the local Canaanite tradition, and the alphabet is early Canaanite. Almost the sole marker distinguishing Israelite villages from Canaanite sites is an absence of pig bones.

It is considered possible that those Canaanites who started regarding themselves as the Israelites were joined or led by a small group of Semites from Egypt, possibly carrying stories that made it into Exodus. As the tribe expanded, they may have begun to clash with neighbors, perhaps sparking the tales of conflict in Joshua and Judges.

William Dever, an archaeologist normally associated with the more conservative end of Syro-Palestinian archaeology, has labeled the question of the historicity of Exodus “dead.” Israeli archaeologist Ze'ev Herzog provides the current consensus view on the historicity of the Exodus;[6]
“”The Israelites never were in Egypt. They never came from abroad. This whole chain is broken. It is not a historical one. It is a later legendary reconstruction—made in the seventh century [BCE]—of a history that never happened.

Professor of Ancient History and Archaeology Eric H. Cline[wp] also summarizes the scholarly consensus in his book Biblical Archaeology: A Very Short Introduction (published by Oxford University Press and winner of the 2011 Biblical Archaeology Society's "Best Popular Book on Archaeology");[7]
Despite attempts by a number of biblical archaeologists - and an even larger number of amateur enthusiasts - over the years, credible direct archaeological evidence for the Exodus has yet to be found. While it can be argued that such evidence would be difficult to find, since nomads generally do not leave behind permanent installations, archaeologists have discovered and excavated nomadic emplacements from other periods in the Sinai desert. So if there were archaeological remains to be found from the Exodus, one would have expected them to be found by now. And yet, thus far there is no trace of the biblical "600,000 men on foot, besides children" plus "a mixed crowd...and live stock in great numbers" (Exod. 12:37-38) who wandered for forty years in the desert.

Well, you'll just made the same point I have been making but you don't realize it. I don't believe in Exodus. These historians say that the Israelites were in Canaan. Which is where the Armenians are from who Josephus says invaded Egypt and are misidentified as the "Jews"

If you read up on how the Ottoman's conquered Cyprus you will see a method of creating a ruling class by transporting only the people needed to create a structured society which survived until 1974 and then this ruling elite left en masse. It's more likely that a political elite were booted out of Egypt and were originally from Syria than that there was a migration of a people. The Jewish captivity is similar in that it was likely to have been the elite classes who were rounded up for their skills and wealth.
13-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Still we keep missing the point.

I say Christianity is a Roman Hellenistic work which was intended to draw people out of Paganism which would have been in the Near East as well as Egypt. The Romans initially spread the cult of Serapis through the same.area and the Library of Aleexandria was, imho, base camp for these projects.
13-08-2016, 09:42 PM
I think you should read this.

http://press.princeton.edu/titles/5036.html

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
13-08-2016, 09:54 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2016 10:03 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(13-08-2016 08:37 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Yeah right. It's.like someone saying that identical office blocks built in Chicago and Detroit just happen to look the same and the technology arose independently because the places are a few hundred miles apart. Lol

They look nothing alike. You know nothing about the history of either.

Quote:Only you buy your theory. The rest of the planet accepts that Abraham is the patriarch of Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Nope. I told you why Muslims THEMSELVES get so pissed about this. Your idiotic dot-connecting generalizations WITH NO EVIDENCE is meaningless. I have a great deal of evidence. You think this as you have NO EDUCATIOn in any relevant subject. By all means, continue your dot connecting career.
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid169445

Quote:All historians assert that the Jewish people were in Egypt. So which Phallic God is Yahweh? Ancients saw all male gods as phallic impregnators.

They do not, and you have presented no evidence. So ... this week it's not the stars anymore ? You are insane.

Quote:I am making the point that the religions of that era and place had a central God who create with his Phallus. Moderns covered up this in Egypt by defacing monuments and self censoring their reports out of Victorian prudery. Yahweh, or God created man in his own image so the Jewish God is like Jupiter in the painting but maybe without the fish tail. That has to be right.

No one cares. You are incompetent and full of shit. Yahweh was the War God. You're obsessed with dicks this week. Who knows what you'll cook up next week. LOL.

Quote:The point I.am.making is that the Jewish religion into which Jesus is born isn't Hellenistic. It is pagan Egyptian so Judaism in that time must have resembled Egyptian Paganism and God was o me or other of the phallic gods since he created man in his image and shagged Mary just as Jupiter shagged Olympius.

Bullshit dot-connecting. No historian agrees with that crap.

Quote:My main concern is that in all this debunking of religions there is little mention here of real history which suggests an old civilization which had a fertility religion and a fertility God and built little mountains wherever they went as monuments to their gods and not as burial chambers alone.

You know nothing of "real history". You invent shit and expect people to buy your snake oil.

Quote:Given the location of this religion at the geo-political centerfield the.world these rulers were also fabulously wealthy so they built pyramids.as public works projects to keep people busy and in employment.

Prove it. Provide EVIDENCE from REAL historians and Egyptologists. You're so full of shit. You post any shit that pops into your totally uneducated mind.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-08-2016, 09:56 PM
(13-08-2016 09:17 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Still we keep missing the point.

I say Christianity is a Roman Hellenistic work which was intended to draw people out of Paganism which would have been in the Near East as well as Egypt. The Romans initially spread the cult of Serapis through the same.area and the Library of Aleexandria was, imho, base camp for these projects.

You say a lot of shit. You never provide any scholarly EVIDENCE.