Egyptian paganism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-08-2016, 07:24 AM
RE: Egyptian paganism
Hey Bucky. We aren't so far apart. You think Christianity is a myth. I think Judaism is a myth. We each think each other is a fucking moron.

Lunch?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2016, 07:26 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2016 01:13 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-08-2016 07:15 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  8
(13-08-2016 01:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Sumerian monument building developed separately from Egyptian pyramid building. Both can be individually and separately traced.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ziggurat
The failures of Egyptian pyramid building, and the dates for the attempts/engineering mistakes, are known.
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/pyrami...eline.html

Islam was not an Abrahamic religion. It developed directly from the Arabic moon-god cult. It's inventors claimed that Yahweh was the same as Allah, (which was a common practice of early Islam, ... as long as the newly encountered theist system was monotheistic, they claimed the new god as "just another name for Allah"). In fact that is totally false. Allah developed from the god Sin, (which is why some Muslims get so mad when the "Satanic Verses are brought up .... the 3 divine daughters of Sin are the same 3 divine daughters named in the Satanic Verses as the daughters of Allah), and throughout the Hebrew texts, the Hebrews we told to stop messing with the worship of the rival god. They have different origins in Babylonian mythology. Sin and Yahweh were (mythic) brothers, and sons of El Elyon.

Muslims in real life follow rituals which are Abrahamic. Abraham is the Patriarch of Islam. No one sane disputes that. Only about three percent of Muslims today have read the Koran so their religious practices come from tradition not the Koran or Moon worship. Go live in a Muslim country and stop talking pure nonsense.

I already posted many many references that proves the ORIGINS of Islam were not "Abrahamic". I don't care what the religious claims of "Muslims in real life" are, who have been taught by their delusional fool teachers. YOU are unable to distinguish between REAL history and what you think you see, in your confabulated world. You (a bully who THREATENS people who disagree and point out your crap) aren't exactly the one here to be talking about who is, and who is not "sane". Facepalm You need medication. I never said "Christianity was a myth".
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid169445

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-08-2016, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2016 01:14 PM by Bucky Ball.)
(21-08-2016 07:10 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Hey Bucky. Don't get your knickers in a twist. You are making a horse's behind of yourself with the ranting. So I have no proprietor claim to the thread. I still started it to ask a question. You can't answer it so you aren't worth Jack as an academic if all you can do is fling abuse at people. So if you have nothing to add then why come here other than to be insulting.

Again. Explain why Israel's capital is named after Heru?

Go find it, or google it, fool. I'm not posting or humoring a nut case.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
21-08-2016, 10:23 AM
(21-08-2016 02:05 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Oh sorry no, I am posting for amusement on an internet forum with a bunch of jerk offs with over- inflated egos and no potty- mouth filters.
Posting for amusement in no way precludes you from being a hack, you idiot. I've also pointed out your own tendency to hyper inflate your own ego on multiple occasions with several examples (not to mention your willingness to point out how smart other people you know are as if it lends any weight to your own intelligence). As for potty mouth....are you just going to ignore the examples of you demanding less foul language while at the same time swearing and insulting people?

Kinda makes ya a dishonest little cunt when you do that now don't it?

(21-08-2016 02:11 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Oh by the way wd, it is common parlance to say it is My Thread.
Yup it is, it's not common to pretend like you have any authority in that thread, or that you have any justification for deciding who does and does not get to participate and in what manner. So long as you continue to say ridiculous and unsupported, by evidence, claims I will continue to ridicule them.
Crymoarbitch.

(20-08-2016 11:56 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I suppose you are too dim to realize that I don't have any delusions that I own the forum.
Considering I never said that you did, I'd say this shitty example of your continuing adventures in a failure to comprehend what you are reading is a swing and a miss. nice try slugger.

(20-08-2016 11:56 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  It's my thread and I started it to get a discussion going about the topic.
Right and people pointed out that it's wrong, has no evidence, and is just more of your DEMONSTRATED tendency to draw connections and conclusions that are not supported by evidence. The fact that you once a-fuckin'-gain obfuscated or ignored the problems with your methodology to regurgitate more nonsense is why you are now being mocked. Rightfully so.

(20-08-2016 11:56 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  If you want to start a thread where you discuss your mental masturbatory ideas
The total lack of self-awareness in this is delicious! lol you are at what? A dozen or so of that exact type of thread? Fuck off kid lol too funny.Laugh out load

(20-08-2016 11:56 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  then do so and I won't go to it and "flame" you as you are doing
You can call it "flaming" all you want but I've been exceedingly clear as to why I mock you and why you deserve it and what it would take for me to stop. Your a hack, you don't understand the topics on which you wish to speak, you draw conclusions without the support of the pertinent evidence, you are hypocritical and a liar.
You can boohoo all you want that I don't treat you with some magical level of respect that you, in your hubris, believe you deserve but I don't think you have earned anything but derision. You have no respect for the scientific method and you seem to only care about making religion look silly with ZERO regard for if what you say is actually true. I'm interested in evidence not motherfucking bed time stories kid.

(20-08-2016 11:56 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Or is that too complex an idea for you to grasp.
Not at all, however seeing as you have no authority..... I'll just tell you to stop being a dopey fuck and continue to mock you when you insist on being a dopey fuck.
If you think you can make outlandish claims and present assertions devoid of evidence and NOT get mocked...well your a fucking idiot then. It's the internet Sally, if the heat bothers you then fuck off, or at the very least stop trying to pretend your high and mighty cause that boat sailed.
I know instead of crying on the internet why don't you take your nonsense and get it peer reviewed! I'm sure that will be any day now.Rolleyes
(21-08-2016 02:22 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Geez, wd, a whole lot of potty mouth but nothing intelligible.
Other than the long post where I go into detail and explain exactly why I mock you and why your textual vomit is just that. Oh and where I give multiple examples of you lying and being a hypocrite. Oh and the fact that what you just quoted was in response to you .....saying nothing intelligible and just insulting people . Other than all THAT sure why not....do you ever get tired of shitting on people for doing what you do?
Hypocrite.

(21-08-2016 02:22 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  You know you sound like one of then lost boys in Hook.
And you sound like a hack who thinks he's an expert after he watched a couple shitty documentaries. Whoopdie-fuckin'-doo kid.

(21-08-2016 02:22 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Yeah, its ok in certain situations to talk like you just swallowed a toilet brush
And when dealing with something as full of shit as you are, I'd say that's an apt observation, just not in the way you intended.Drinking Beverage

(21-08-2016 02:22 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Do you believe in dialogue or do you just like reading you own sweaters back?
A respectful dialogue would require you to stop being a lying hypocritical hack, who no longer makes shit up and presents assertion as legitimate when it has no evidence to support it or it in fact has evidence against it.
You can look through my post history and find numerous times where I have engaged in polite and responsible debate and discussion with people I disagree with. However I feel no desire to do so with people who can't hold them selves to even the most basic tenets of the scientific method, those who lie, or those that like to pretend to be a victim while pissing all over their detractors.

Like I have said before and will have to say again because your too dense to understand: you do not get to wipe your ass on the carpet then complain about the flies. If you want a dialogue then you have to stop making shit up and provide evidence, I don't care what stories tickle your taint kid.

(21-08-2016 02:22 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  When you sit at the dinner table with your mum and dad do you tell them that you just called a man who innocently asked an question about the cult of Horus a litany of filthy disrespectful names.
Now your JAQing off, looooooovely. Fuck me, do you just not have an ability to understand criticism? I'll put it in shiny colours for you:

The problem is not that you ask questions or that you have an opinion I don't agree with. The problem is that you form connections and conclusions based off of no demonstrable evidence and often AGAINST demonstrable evidence. The problem is that you demand people act in a way you yourself will not act. The problem is that you are dishonest and will actively lie when you are DEMONSTRATED to be wrong. The problem is that you have no respect for the scientific method and that you ignore any criticisms of your methodology even when those criticisms have been demonstrated as accurate. You do not know what you are talking about and you have proven this multiple times.

Now can I please fucking stop having to repeat this over and over every time you try to pretend my objections are soemthing other than what I have said a dozen motherfucking times now.

(21-08-2016 02:22 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  You are a over naughty little boy and if in was your mum I would take your iPad away and give you a dictionary read so you could find some better words to use.
Hey and while my mother is out shopping for this dictionary maybe she can pick up an enema kit so we can dislodge your head from your ass.Drinking Beverage

(21-08-2016 02:23 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Blah blah blah.
The only thing you have said that's not wrong.Drinking Beverage

(21-08-2016 02:28 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Here is who I studied under btw. In case anyone wants to keeps abusing me as not having a background in this stuff and he gave be my reference for my graduate degree. http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/903...ny_J_Parel
Prove it. Drinking Beverage

And when your done that accept that no one cares, and it doesn't change that you're still shit at this only now you don't have an excuse as for why you are.

(21-08-2016 02:44 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  I just can't figure how someone who can't make one post without swearing can take themselves. so seriously.

I've drawn this analogy before. BB and WD are pathological bullies. You get situations where some bullies get hold of a kid at school who has done nothing to them and they beat the shite out of him while their friends video the incident on their phones and the blah blah blah

Whole bunch of bullshit which would require you to complete ignore the substance of everyone of my recent posts where I go into EXPLICIT detail as to why I have issues with you and why I think you deserve the mockery.
Given that ignoring criticism is what you do I can hardly say I'm surprised. Guess I can add pseudo-psychologist to the list of fields your a fucking wannabe hack at.Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
21-08-2016, 10:26 AM
(21-08-2016 07:24 AM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Hey Bucky. We aren't so far apart. You think Christianity is a myth. I think Judaism is a myth. We each think each other is a fucking moron.

Accept that's hes actually demonstrated it and you have only asserted it.

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
21-08-2016, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2016 12:14 PM by ClydeLee.)
(13-08-2016 01:49 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Sumerian monument building developed separately from Egyptian pyramid building. Both can be individually and separately traced.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ziggurat
The failures of Egyptian pyramid building, and the dates for the attempts/engineering mistakes, are known.
http://www.nationalgeographic.com/pyrami...eline.html

Islam was not an Abrahamic religion. It developed directly from the Arabic moon-god cult. It's inventors claimed that Yahweh was the same as Allah, (which was a common practice of early Islam, ... as long as the newly encountered theist system was monotheistic, they claimed the new god as "just another name for Allah"). In fact that is totally false. Allah developed from the god Sin, (which is why some Muslims get so mad when the "Satanic Verses are brought up .... the 3 divine daughters of Sin are the same 3 divine daughters named in the Satanic Verses as the daughters of Allah), and throughout the Hebrew texts, the Hebrews we told to stop messing with the worship of the rival god. They have different origins in Babylonian mythology. Sin and Yahweh were (mythic) brothers, and sons of El Elyon.

Muslims in real life follow rituals which are Abrahamic. Abraham is the Patriarch of Islam. No one sane disputes that. Only about three percent of Muslims today have read the Koran so their religious practices come from tradition not the Koran or Moon worship. Go live in a Muslim country and stop talking pure nonsense.

This Abraham that is a myth? What would the value of denoting him as this phony figure in falsely perceived tradition?

Again most of these regions did still spawn from the proto-indo european and earlier forming human cultures so much of their early ideas, cultures, mythos, etc. were similar in style. Why you get many skygod figureheads and comparable war/fertility/other gods. You speak of these things as if they're profound in the example of Egyptian and Jewish connection, but that's the little bits of connections these all share from Babylon that still spread to the indies and the european regions.

You never express what would matter in relevance to these findings. Because as you say most Muslims not following details, more than half of the population of Israel is stated to not believe the biblical origins of the claims of the bible. Because evidence and origin of how intentionally historically accurate it was written to even be considered as have been found to be understood to them.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
21-08-2016, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 21-08-2016 02:28 PM by Deltabravo.)
CL, the point I have been making is that as someone raised in the Christian faith I was told that Christianity was a small Jewish sect and that the Jews came from Egypt.

Yet if one looks at both the outline of the religion of the people in the New Testament and the religions of Egypt one doesn't see anything which resembles modern or Old Testament Judaism. What one sees is a Hellenistic message preached by someone who is wrapped up in myths out of the cult of Horus. That's how it appears to me. The cross comes from the Anhk, the name Christ is just a version of Karas'de or Of Horus and the capital of Judea is named after Heru or Horus. Then we have Josephus telling us that the Jews were from lower Armenia and decamped to Jerusalem.

Living in a Muslim society close to Syria, what strikes me is that Islam is a continuation of this religion, supplemented by the Koran, and that Christianity is a Hellenization of it. Modern Judaism is a mild version of it with most of the unpleasant aspects weeded out, such as bigamy, slavery ,etc. Perhaps that oversimplified the case.

I started out being very anti-Christian because I grew up in a fundamentalist society and couldn't get away from the happy clappers soon enough. What I now see, knowing what Islam is like, on the ground and not in learned journals, is that it needs an antidote. It, or the paganistic religion that it flowed from, needed it even more 2000 years ago.

Against that backdrop Christianity looks, to me, as, absolutely and without any doubt, to have been a Roman construction very carefully crafted to changing and defanging this old religion and replacing it with a completely contrary religion employing a real person with an ancestry and position which would make people take note when he was used as the front man for the New religion. It makes no sense to me that the Romans would have hung their propaganda on a purely mythical character or that this religion just sprung up out of the rather ordinary preaching of "do unto others" . I think people who would have been only a couple of generations away from this man's life would have known if he didn't actually exist and its more likely he was just what the New Testament says he was, the heir to a feudal line.

Where that takes me is to a point where I am no longer puzzled and perplexed by the miracles and magic and the Roman/Jewish crucifixion blame issue because all this, to me, has to do with a political program aimed at followers of an older pagan cult to whom all this appealed. It sold the religion.

That is what the idea of saving the whole world is about because the whole known world was paganistic and brutal. And just look at where we still are with a reinvented Abrahamic religion whose fundamentalists are twitching to get their hands on a nuclear weapon and blow us all to kingdom come.

I hope that makes sense.

Thanks for your post.
[+] 1 user Likes Deltabravo's post
23-08-2016, 11:13 PM
(21-08-2016 07:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

I already posted many many references that proves the ORIGINS of Islam were not "Abrahamic". I don't care what the religious claims of "Muslims in real life" are, who have been taught by their delusional fool teachers. YOU are unable to distinguish between REAL history and what you think you see, in your confabulated world. You (a bully who THREATENS people who disagree and point out your crap) aren't exactly the one here to be talking about who is, and who is not "sane". Facepalm You need medication. I never said "Christianity was a myth".
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...#pid169445
This is a profoundly ridiculous post by our resident self-proclaimed genius. Here he says Islam is not Abrahamic. That is stupendous incorrect. Have a read of the Wiki page on Abraham's position in Islam: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraham_in_Islam

Abraham is the first of the Islamic prophet's and his role is central to Islamic theology. Now Muslims all celebrate the holy holiday or Bayram of the Goat. Even New York Schools have recognized this as a central Islamic religious holiday and allow students to take a day off.

I agree with Bucky that the writers of the Koran chose the name of the Arabic Moon God instead of Yahweh but no Muslim on earth sees his religion as descended fro a moon cult. Except in Bucky's imagination and for the purposed of throwing some garbage at me.

In fact, the wiki entry shows that Bucky is 100% wrong. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah_as_Moon-god

He got this idea from a Christian evangelist and the whole idea has been dismissed by Muslim clerics as insulting fantasies promoted in American comic books.
24-08-2016, 12:10 AM
Dear DB, if Bucky is wrong, it doesn't make you right. What was your doctorate in again? From the number two research university in the world if I recall correctly? Yet somehow you feel shy to tell us exactly what subject and which university you refer to. And you confidently make these wild claims about like... pretty much everything... while hiding away on an internet forum. Since you must be aware of how academia works - you have a PhD after all - why do you not publish?

Riddle me this. If you convince a bunch of non-historian amateur types on the internet, does it a. bolster the validity of your theory or b. do diddly squat? I'll give you a hint. It's not option a.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
24-08-2016, 08:28 PM
(21-08-2016 02:19 PM)Deltabravo Wrote:  Against that backdrop Christianity looks, to me, as, absolutely and without any doubt, to have been a Roman construction...

And the fact that you have this degree of certainty despite a total lack of demonstrable evidence in support, and a great wealth of evidence to the contrary, is why there is very little substantive difference between you and those "happy clappers".

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post