Egyptians arrest gay marriage supporters.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2014, 05:33 AM
Egyptians arrest gay marriage supporters.
http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/eight-men-arr...ding-video

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2014, 12:06 PM
RE: Egyptians arrest gay marriage supporters.
If its legal in Egypt to be gay then how are they arrested?? I seriously dont get it and the article doesnt answer this.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
Find all posts by this user
02-11-2014, 01:55 PM
This is the same gov that arrested journalists on trumped up charges. It still boils down to religious bigotry.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
02-11-2014, 01:58 PM
Same reason you wont find the verse in Leviticus written in law but sodomy laws were used to arrest gays. The bigot laws on the books do not have to mention religion or holy books, but that is the source of the ultimate action. "Debauchery" is the loophole used for religious bigotry in their case.

02-11-2014, 02:25 PM
(02-11-2014 01:58 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  Same reason you wont find the verse in Leviticus written in law but sodomy laws were used to arrest gays. The bigot laws on the books do not have to mention religion or holy books, but that is the source of the ultimate action. "Debauchery" is the loophole used for religious bigotry in their case.

WTAF?

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
02-11-2014, 03:57 PM
(02-11-2014 01:55 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  This is the same gov that arrested journalists on trumped up charges. It still boils down to religious bigotry.

Who are still imprisoned I might add.
03-11-2014, 12:24 AM
I only wish we could have similar laws passed in NZ.

The collateral damage is worth it.

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
03-11-2014, 02:28 PM
I've heard that Egypt was good a few years ago, but this sort of thing lines up with how I was taught about egypt when I was growing up.

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
05-11-2014, 05:16 PM
(03-11-2014 12:24 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  I only wish we could have similar laws passed in NZ.

The collateral damage is worth it.

Dodgy

Quote:I've heard that Egypt was good a few years ago, but this sort of thing lines up with how I was taught about egypt when I was growing up.

It got (particularly) fucked up after the Arab Spring. The government got shit scared that people were get democratic (like proper democratic, not "democratic") ideas and starting to have a voice and say and were questioning things and so the government has gone on "you're all now going to be repressed and like it" campaign to prevent it happening again.
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
08-11-2014, 09:45 AM
Then again, Morsi would probably have let Islamist mobs kill them. The Egyptian government is far from good, but at least the Brotherhood has been put in their place.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
[+] 1 user Likes Res Publica's post