Einstein Alternatives

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-11-2012, 11:00 PM
RE: Einstein Alternatives
(29-11-2012 10:48 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  
(29-11-2012 10:54 AM)Chas Wrote:  This is not an 'at first'; the concept is quite old.

"X-rays will prove to be a hoax." -Lord Kelvin

Well Chas Brownian motion was pretty old too when Einstein started writing about it. For the record, I'm not an expert on the subject and I admit that my ignorance in other realms of science may make plasma cosmology seem more fascinating to me than it really should. You must acknowledge that the ability to peer into deep space is kinda new thus the study of inter stellar observation sheds new light on plasma (IMHO).
Before you step into a logical fallacy here... keep in mind that just because other theories at the time in history became dominant and accepted theories now does not mean that a theory of minor progression now will be the same. I'm not saying your proposal is invalid.

However, I would be more interested in hearing more about it. I'm always willing to entertain new ideas.

Anyway, my primary point here is that riding the bandwagon on something just because it sounds awesome and new doesn't mean it's going to have any more credibility.

Want to make a good case for your proposal? Explain to us in a nutshell what it is. (and cite sources)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2012, 10:49 AM
(29-11-2012 11:00 PM)Logisch Wrote:  
(29-11-2012 10:48 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  "X-rays will prove to be a hoax." -Lord Kelvin

Well Chas Brownian motion was pretty old too when Einstein started writing about it. For the record, I'm not an expert on the subject and I admit that my ignorance in other realms of science may make plasma cosmology seem more fascinating to me than it really should. You must acknowledge that the ability to peer into deep space is kinda new thus the study of inter stellar observation sheds new light on plasma (IMHO).
Before you step into a logical fallacy here... keep in mind that just because other theories at the time in history became dominant and accepted theories now does not mean that a theory of minor progression now will be the same. I'm not saying your proposal is invalid.

However, I would be more interested in hearing more about it. I'm always willing to entertain new ideas.

Anyway, my primary point here is that riding the bandwagon on something just because it sounds awesome and new doesn't mean it's going to have any more credibility.

Want to make a good case for your proposal? Explain to us in a nutshell what it is. (and cite sources)

Now now, let's not bait me into pretending like I know what I'm talking about. I think it's called a steady-state theory. The steady state theory holds much sway in me because of the illogical fact that everything comes from nothing. I accept the validity of the big bang but I also accept that I'll probably never understand it. That is why I wish to see an alternative theory that I can easily wrap my head around.

Also, I have a tendency to roote for the underdog is all and if Einstein could come back and pick up the torch again I'd like to see him in the study of Astrophysical Plasma. Primarily because we can now observe it better than at any point in history.

My comment to it solving missing pieces in physics is just a hope hinged on the fact that much of theoretical physics is now being tested and observed. Gravity and black holes don't seem to be behaving like we thought. I heard some news blurb yesterday about a blackhole that's too big for the galaxy surrounding it. Conversely, plasma has long been played with in the lab and these days we see it wallowing about the universe with new technology like Chandra etc. Has it's role in the universe been underestimated? I provide no answers here just questions, sorry.

Chas is right about it being the minority opinion in terms of lab data coinciding on the lager scale.

Wiki quote:
"Both plasma physicists and astrophysicists are interested in active galactic nuclei, because they are the astrophysical plasmas most directly related to the plasmas studied in the laboratory, and those studied in fusion power experiments. They exhibit an array of complex magnetohydrodynamic behaviors, such as turbulence and instabilities. Although these phenomena can occur on scales as large as the galactic core, most physicists therorize that most phenomena on the largest scales do not involve plasma effects."

It does *feel* like, to me, to be a neglected aspect of how the universe works. However if Einstein already tapped the gavel on it, then I retract my wish. :-!

Ɨ͚͙͢͟͠Ŧ̯͔̳̺̬̣̻ͅ ͖̬̰͖̺Ŧ̭̻̲̳̝̦̗Ⱥ̹̩͚͘͠͡Ꝁ̷͖̲͓̖͍̺̻Ɇ̧͈̟̞S̨̢̟̥̮­͇͈͓͉͉̣ ̶̵̪̜̪̰͕̙̱̜Ⱥ̧̝͉̕Ł̰̤̲͠Ø̨̡̯͍͙̩̭̦̦͔͔͟Ŧ̵̠̣̬̝ͅ­̬͓͚ ̮͍͙Ŧ̷͍͖̳̺͕̲̬͚͜ͅØ̷̷̳̗̠̻ ̻̪M͉̠͟Ⱥ͏̫̳̣Ꝁ̶̷̜̪͈̪Ɇ̧̦̳̻̘͙̗͉̠ ̨̯͉͙͚̫͓̜̗̗͝͝Ⱥ̡͎̳̤͚ ̴̰̥̩͎̜̣̗̕ͅS̢͈Ŧ͕͉͓͚͔Ɇ͕̙͉̫͓͉͈̖͞ͅW҉̗̖̟̳́ ̢͕̲̰͔́͞
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Grassy Knoll's post
03-12-2012, 11:50 PM
(29-11-2012 12:45 AM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  Cosmological plasma. The fourth state of matter is the most abundant substance in the universe and yet little is known about it. This field is probably the key to formulating a theory of everything equation.
He wasted he later years trying to disprove quantum mechanics, which he essentially created, and come up with a god equation....
So you would want him to come back and do that again?

If there is anything we need as a society, its not more theoretical physics, but a viable fission reactor.
Find all posts by this user