Either Jackashflash goes or I go.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2012, 11:00 PM
RE: Either Jackashflash goes or I go.
(08-05-2012 10:38 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Wow. Problem introduced and resolved before I even came home from work. As far as the constant "let's ban this person cause he's a dick" thing goes, I'd just like to remind everyone that this forum works very much like the spirit of the First Amendment. The theist protesting outside your house and telling your kids they're going to burn in hell has just as many protection rights as the atheist telling the child on his way to Bible camp that he's a moron. We cannot censor based on personal feelings, or else we set a dangerous precedent that can only end in a midget mud wrestling marathon on a sinking beaver dam. (Sorry, just got home from work. Brain's a little muddled.)

As far as the "same IP address" thing, can't we incorporate some kind of auto-detect for that? Seems to happen a lot around here.
I argue that as a group we decide who is valuable and who is destructive. For those found destructive swift action must be taken. You wouldn't let Antiashbyrd into your living room spouting his shit. You'd throw his ass out.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
08-05-2012, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 07:15 AM by DeepThought.)
(08-05-2012 10:44 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Merde! I missed all the Jackaflash controversy!
What are you talking about! There is nothing there to miss. Kinda wish I'd never seen it and I'm just glad he's gone. It's like 3 assholes have vanishing in one hit. Freakin fantastic. As Girly said - cathartic. Ohhhhh the relief!

Maybe the forums will be more pleasant for a while!

Heart

Now we can go back to worshipping Satan and eating babies. Move along people... Nothing to see here!
(08-05-2012 11:00 PM)germanyt Wrote:  I argue that as a group we decide who is valuable and who is destructive. For those found destructive swift action must be taken. You wouldn't let Antiashbyrd into your living room spouting his shit. You'd throw his ass out.
This is a public forum. Not a living room. There is a difference.

Should you be able to vote to have Westborough Baptist Church protesters and their signs kicked off street cos everyone hates them and their message? As our prophet Buddy Christ once said... It sets a bad precedent.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 3 users Like DeepThought's post
08-05-2012, 11:34 PM
Exactly what BC said.

Including the bit about the beaver dam, but mostly the other stuff.

Just visiting.

-SR
08-05-2012, 11:42 PM
(08-05-2012 11:34 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Exactly what BC said.

Including the bit about the beaver dam, but mostly the other stuff.
[Image: 183114021_250x250_Front_padToSquare-true.jpg]
[Image: i_love_my_beaver_tshirt-p235938009895805...iv_525.jpg][Image: i_love_my_beaver_tshirt-p235938009895805...iv_525.jpg]

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
08-05-2012, 11:44 PM
Aha! He wasn't satan69. Even better! MJB and Anti all wrapped up in a jackash wrapping! Glad they're all gone. Good riddance.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
09-05-2012, 12:31 AM (This post was last modified: 09-05-2012 12:34 AM by Filox.)
My, my, what have we got here... So it appears that the little prick was a few pricks.

As for the future events of this magnitude, lucradis, you need to introduce the "no direct offending and abusing" policy, so after someone (person A) reports someone else (person B) for being an insulting and abusive prick, it would be a nice thing if you could issues a warning to the person B and if this kind of behaviour continues, if he continues he gets like a 7 days ban, and next time you have to warn him, he gets a permanent ban. It's like a 3 stage ban, or something...

It is one thing if you have an old, intelligent, smart person that has offended someone but has contributed a lot to the forum and discussions, it is completely different thing if some young asshole comes here, says NOTHING interesting and only offends people. We do not need to care for them, since they have no contribution or opinion, they only have abuse on their mind.

I know about the TTA forum ban policy and I agree with it, but it can not be applied in every situation, this is a perfect example. Egor (gotta mention him) was never as directly rude and abusive, he even tends to apologize if you warn him and no matter what you think of him, he does contribute to this forum, as he is the only fundamentalist here, so his perspective is highly valuable and unique, in case someone hasn't noticed that fact. Also, thanks to him, we can see how new cults are being made and developed, not something you can track everyday, from this distance.

There, my 2 cents.

Peace.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
09-05-2012, 12:47 AM
(08-05-2012 11:44 PM)kineo Wrote:  Aha! He wasn't satan69. Even better! MJB and Anti all wrapped up in a jackash wrapping! Glad they're all gone. Good riddance.
Let us all resolve to be just a fraction kinder, minutely less sensitive, and more attuned to dealing with trolls...amen.

The Reverends Erxomai and Jeremiah will now bless the collection.

[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
09-05-2012, 06:06 AM
He's not very bright, is he?
If you're going to troll and use three accounts to do it, at least use a proxy.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 1 user Likes Smooshmonster's post
09-05-2012, 08:08 AM
(08-05-2012 12:31 PM)lucradis Wrote:  your taste in movies is suspect
Whoa! Whoa! Just noticed this. Angry

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like germanyt's post
09-05-2012, 09:46 AM
(09-05-2012 08:08 AM)germanyt Wrote:  
(08-05-2012 12:31 PM)lucradis Wrote:  your taste in movies is suspect
Whoa! Whoa! Just noticed this. Angry
Sometimes people see only what they want to see.

GT, this is an intervention. We're concerned about your enjoyment of the Human Centipede movie. We think you need help. Serious help.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post