Either Universal Truth Exists, or Child Abuse and Rape is Sometimes Good
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2014, 05:15 PM
Either Universal Truth Exists, or Child Abuse and Rape is Sometimes Good
This is my last thread... and the reason the first 2 were used as a base... Here's my beef with Atheism... aside from the fact they don't seem to be as receptive to critical thought as they say they are, and some of them seem a bit paranoid charging someone with trolling simply because they disagree and want to discuss it...

You don't believe in universal absolute truths. This was the reason for the 2nd thread... to demonstrate that you don't with your own words.

This means I can say with assurance and conviction that no matter the time, no matter the place, no matter the circumstance, no matter if anyone agrees with it or not, Child Abuse and Rape is ALWAYS WRONG... but you cant say this with conviction because it is an absolute universal truth. Location in time and space mean nothing... child abuse and rape is not good. Circumstances mean nothing, social acceptance means nothing except the perps are WRONG if they deem it to be a good thing.

Since the atheist doesn't believe in universal absolute truth... you cant say this as I can and hold to it as a conviction. If you were to say "Child abuse is NEVER GOOD"... you would be admitting to an absolute truth, which you claim doesn't exist.
Find all posts by this user
31-10-2014, 05:16 PM
RE: Either Universal Truth Exists, or Child Abuse and Rape is Sometimes Good
I suggest you check out the forum rules ...
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
31-10-2014, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2014 05:27 PM by ClydeLee.)
You know lumping people into groups based on one base isn't a logical criteria? Nor is judging a group of people by a select dozen. I'm sure you are looking for some good rational discussion here too.

Btw, for a sensible point to be made to you... if one doesn't believe universal truth exists, they don't need to believe there is such a thing as good or bad anyway.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
31-10-2014, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2014 05:28 PM by CleverUsername.)
One of my many (many many many many) beefs with theists: they slap different views onto atheists as a whole and then decry them as a problem with atheism.

Atheism means we don't believe in any gods. If you have a problem with the concept of no absolute truth, that's great, but it has nothing to do with atheism.

If we're going this route, I can very easily shoot this right back at you by claiming that since you're a theist you give God a pass to do horrible things because he's God, and therefore do not believe in universal truth either.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 4 users Like CleverUsername's post
31-10-2014, 05:25 PM
(31-10-2014 05:15 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  This is my last thread... and the reason the first 2 were used as a base... Here's my beef with Atheism... aside from the fact they don't seem to be as receptive to critical thought as they say they are, and some of them seem a bit paranoid charging someone with trolling simply because they disagree and want to discuss it...

You don't believe in universal absolute truths. This was the reason for the 2nd thread... to demonstrate that you don't with your own words.

This means I can say with assurance and conviction that no matter the time, no matter the place, no matter the circumstance, no matter if anyone agrees with it or not, Child Abuse and Rape is ALWAYS WRONG... but you cant say this with conviction because it is an absolute universal truth. Location in time and space mean nothing... child abuse and rape is not good. Circumstances mean nothing, social acceptance means nothing except the perps are WRONG if they deem it to be a good thing.

Since the atheist doesn't believe in universal absolute truth... you cant say this as I can and hold to it as a conviction. If you were to say "Child abuse is NEVER GOOD"... you would be admitting to an absolute truth, which you claim doesn't exist.

Hey there wolfy. I didn't read your other threads, and I'm not going to read this one either. Your arguments are stupid and you should go away because this shit has been beaten to death again and again. It wasn't a good argument the first time, and not much has changed since. You wanna think you hold some moral high ground because of your beliefs? Go ahead, but do it somewhere else please.

If what you believe is true, then you are right. If what you believe is hogwash, then your entire argument is hogwash. If you're too fucking scared to stare into the abyss, you'll never understand why what you're saying is wrong.

And then you'll always be an internet asshole who's wrong but can't see it. Either way, you're stinking up my forum.

Now shoo.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
31-10-2014, 05:30 PM
(31-10-2014 05:15 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  This is my last thread... and the reason the first 2 were used as a base... Here's my beef with Atheism... aside from the fact they don't seem to be as receptive to critical thought as they say they are, and some of them seem a bit paranoid charging someone with trolling simply because they disagree and want to discuss it...

Your first thread proved nothing other than the fact that you are incapable of intelligent and honest discussion.

Your second thread proved nothing either.

This thread is a false dilemma (what a surprise!)

Good job, you have undeniable proof that atheists are evil, now go hide, you don't want to get eaten by ruthless savages, do you?

How pathetic is this. Seriously.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 6 users Like undergroundp's post
31-10-2014, 05:34 PM
(31-10-2014 05:23 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  One of my many (many many many many) beefs with theists: they slap different views onto atheists as a whole and then decry them as a problem with atheism.

Atheism means we don't believe in any gods. If you have a problem with the concept of no absolute truth, that's great, but it has nothing to do with atheism.

And if youll read the other thread, atheists do not believe in universal truth. I didn't lump you... you lumped yourselves lol Smile

Im not here to hurt you... Im here to talk to you. I haven't treated anyone condescendingly, but that's all iv received... and im certainly not crying about it... I'm not slapping you with a thing. I am discussing YOUR belief system... I thought you guys didn't mind that? I guess you really don't like having to defend your point of view with credible sources ... that's not my way... I DO use them

When we are done talking about universal morality and truth, I will be happy totake on ANY one here one on one... debating the following:

"God created" is more scientifically founded and better tested than the Big Bang and string"

Pick your man or woman for that debate... when we're done with this Ill take my side gladly and without intimidation Wink
31-10-2014, 05:36 PM
(31-10-2014 05:30 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  

Your first thread proved nothing other than the fact that you are incapable of intelligent and honest discussion.

Your second thread proved nothing either.

This thread is a false dilemma (what a surprise!)

Good job, you have undeniable proof that atheists are evil, now go hide, you don't want to get eaten by ruthless savages, do you?

How pathetic is this. Seriously.

No not at all... Its just proof that the atheist cant say child abuse is NEVER good, because its an absolute moral truth. Theists however can... which world do you think a child would rather grow up in?
31-10-2014, 05:38 PM
(31-10-2014 05:34 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Im not here to hurt you... Im here to talk to you. I haven't treated anyone condescendingly, but that's all iv received... and im certainly not crying about it... I'm not slapping you with a thing. I am discussing YOUR belief system... I thought you guys didn't mind that? I guess you really don't like having to defend your point of view with credible sources ... that's not my way... I DO use them

You do know that being all " Smile " does not necessarily mean you're being nice, right? Ignoring what people say and refusing to at least try and understand what others are telling you is quite rude if you ask me.

Don't try to turn this on atheism by hiding behind your feigned politeness. You look ridiculous enough as it is.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
31-10-2014, 05:38 PM

What you're trying to explain is absolute objective morality, not truth.
There are some who do not think child abuse is wrong or there would be no abusers.
Morality if filtered through the observer, it is subjective.
Thread Closed