Either Universal Truth Exists, or Child Abuse and Rape is Sometimes Good
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-11-2014, 08:23 AM
RE: Either Universal Truth Exists, or Child Abuse and Rape is Sometimes Good
(31-10-2014 05:15 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  This is my last thread...

Good, because I would hate for you to stick around so I could systematically dismantle you intellectually. Happy journeys Yes

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
01-11-2014, 08:28 AM
(01-11-2014 07:51 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 07:37 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  My definition has not changed whatsoever.

Your word usage and sentence structures have changed with varying posts. Hence what I wrote.

(01-11-2014 07:37 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Atheists cannot say with conviction that *Redacted to comply with forum guide-lines* is NEVER GOOD.

I identify as an atheist and I post that *Redacted to comply with forum guide-lines* is NEVER GOOD.

Ta-DAA!
But you don't admit it is an absolute universal truth do you? You still think it is subjective to those who accept it culturally? Or is it evil/wrong/bad despite what anyone thinks?

Quote:Since you KEEP posting *Redacted to comply with forum guide-lines* I can understand WHY people keep feeling the need to point out to you the many reasons why it is wrong.

(01-11-2014 07:37 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  it doesn't change the truth, and In the opinion of 90 percent of the world

[quote]Okay... there are two parts to this sentence.

A)....It doesn't change the truth,

B) ....In the opinion...

So... is it true.... or is it an opinion? Consider

Do you see my point of your language NOT being clear or concise?

I disagree. I being I am being very clear as to what this topic concerns.
Question... what do you think of the posters thus far who have said they don't believe child rape to be always wrong? What about the posters who have already tried to justify it? Do you agree with them?

(01-11-2014 07:37 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Also this is one person who has a life answering how ever many of you there are, some of you empty handed were it not for ad hom Wink

Quote:Sorry... this sentence makes no sense to me. Could you rephrase?

Yes... I have a life, research, write, do radio internet talk shows, AND I have family so I cant always post when its convenient for everyone else. Posters who are resorting to ad hom are showing how angry they are over the subject, but they are also showing they are unarmed and what im saying is true.

(01-11-2014 07:37 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  So if you think I missed something point it out and ill answer it so long as it is on topic. Smile

Quote:Please answer the question about your opening statement being a 'False dilemma'.

I already did... and I assert that child rape is always wrong despite time space or social acceptance, and that this is absolutely universally true... not a false dilemma at all... its only a dilemma for those who dont believe its absolutely/universally wrong.
01-11-2014, 08:30 AM
Still waiting for an answer.

(01-11-2014 03:17 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 07:30 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  God made it universally true that child abuse is always wrong in my opinion Smile

How did he do that?
01-11-2014, 08:31 AM
(01-11-2014 08:10 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  ...
You think your 10 percent to be beyond scrutiny?

Oh! I nearly forgot. Please provide a link to your data source for this figure.

Thanks.

Big Grin

01-11-2014, 08:33 AM
(01-11-2014 07:54 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 07:43 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I find the subject appalling... I find the fact that the atheist cant believe child rape to be universally and absolutely wrong to be even more appalling... to not know wrong from right.

One IS ALLOWED to disagree with your philosophy when 90 percent of the world would condemn this thought, and you should take an honest look at what OTHERS think of your philosophy

Dear sir/madam.

If you cast that aspersion at me at all or again I shall be most displeased.

I have been nothing but cordial, honest and forthright with yourself. Slander myself again and I shall hence forth treat you accordingly.

I made a general statement... this concerns atheist philosophy... you are an atheist. Are people not allowed to find it disgusting that people can justify child abuse? You haven't directly but some of your peers here certainly have, and I'm still waiting to get your verification that you believe Child rape is universally absolutely wrong despite public opinion or social standard, or time and location.

Can you clarify this for me personally?

This is NOT personal whatsoever, but even though iv shown what im saying is true, some of you are still taking it personally. Smile
01-11-2014, 08:42 AM
(01-11-2014 08:33 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  ...
iv shown what im saying is true,

Damn! That's what I was waiting for. I missed it. Please provide a reference to the post(s) where you did this.

It was probably obscured by your hope (below) being dashed.

Sorry about that. Sadcryface

(31-10-2014 12:01 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Hello all.
I hope you guys don't kick my ass too badly Smile

01-11-2014, 08:45 AM
(01-11-2014 08:28 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  But you don't admit it is an absolute universal truth do you?

Being wrong does NOT make it ABSOLUTE.

(01-11-2014 08:28 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  You still think it is subjective to those who accept it culturally? Or is it evil/wrong/bad despite what anyone thinks?

People have pointed this out to you before.

A) Things HAVE changed over time... HENCE your comment can't have been absolute.

B) What one thinks IS NOT an absolute.

(01-11-2014 07:37 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I disagree.

But you didn't actually answer my post/question. You're just disagreeing. Consider

(01-11-2014 07:37 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I being I am being very clear as to what this topic concerns.

The starting topic, as has been pointed out to yourself, is composed to TWO different parts.

This, by its very nature, IS - hence - ambiguous.

(01-11-2014 07:37 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Question... what do you think of the posters thus far who have said they don't believe *Redacted to comply with forum guide-lines* to be always wrong?

That said posters have been pointing out to yourself THAT *Redacted to comply with forum guide-lines* has NOT always been wrong, hence no absolutes.

(01-11-2014 07:37 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  What about the posters who have already tried to justify it? Do you agree with them?

Again, that said posters have been pointing out to yourself THAT *Redacted to comply with forum guide-lines* has NOT always been wrong, hence no absolutes.

(01-11-2014 07:37 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Also this is one person who has a life answering how ever many of you there are, some of you empty handed were it not for ad hom Wink

I was simply pointing out that your claiming some one else's post being an Ad-hominim attack.. did not seem to me to actually be such a thing.

(01-11-2014 07:37 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Yes... I have a life, research, write, do radio internet talk shows, AND I have family so I can't always post when its convenient for everyone else.

Congratulations, so don't we all? Much cheers to you and yours.

(01-11-2014 07:37 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Posters who are resorting to ad hom are showing how angry they are over the subject, but they are also showing they are unarmed and what I'm saying is true.

Again, I fail to see any ad-hominim attacks. I also fail to see that what you are saying makes complete sense.

(01-11-2014 07:37 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  I already did... and I assert that child rape is always wrong despite time space or social acceptance, and that this is absolutely universally true... not a false dilemma at all... its only a dilemma for those who don't believe its absolutely/universally wrong.

No... this is... weirdness.....

Facepalm

Okay, starting from the top.

Do you acknowledge that your opening statement is composed of TWO DIFFERENT parts?

Much cheers to all.
01-11-2014, 08:46 AM
(01-11-2014 08:11 AM)natachan Wrote:  
Quote:You obviouslt wouldn't think so, but yes of course it would... humans may have lived in the past or mae be in the future... it would ALWAYS be wrong.

If there are no humans then there is no one to hold values, and thus no one to act morally or immorally. The question becomes nonsensical. The universe DOES NOT CARE one shit, people do.

How do you know the universe gives not one shit? How many conversations have you had with the universe? People could have lived in the past or in the future, its still wrong. Other advanced civilizations could exist... it's still wrong... You disagree?

Quote:Youre right... it IS black and white with me, and Im damned proud of it.

Quote:I tend to agree that there is black and white, and will defend that. But your justification is simply "because god says so" which is amazingly weak. If you're going to try to justify an absolute or objective morality saying "because some ruler says so" is not a good defense. What if he tells you (as your book says he does from time to time) to kill babies? T rip open pregnant women? Then your claim that killing babies is always wrong goes out the window.

You don't have to accept that universal truth comes from my God... other religions would say it comes from their god... the question is do you believe it is absolutely universally NEVER GOOD to rape a child despite social acceptance, time, or space? You appear not to believe this, so I will ask plainly, WHEN you believe the rape of a child to be good, or do you believe it to be absolutely universally morally wrong? THAT is the question Smile
01-11-2014, 08:53 AM
(01-11-2014 03:17 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 07:30 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  God made it universally true that child abuse is always wrong in my opinion Smile

How did he do that?

I can't believe that you are ignoring me!
01-11-2014, 08:53 AM
(01-11-2014 08:19 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(01-11-2014 08:10 AM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  ...

Where do you see God in the title? This is about YOUR philosophy... what, you cant talk about YOUR philosophy? Not allowed to scrutinize it? You think your 10 percent to be beyond scrutiny?

Now... you tell me, when do you justify child rape as being GOOD if it is not universally and absolutely WRONG. Smile

All I see is a repeated assertion and you offer nothing to support it.

The first line of your OP mentioned atheism... hence YOU made this a 'god' topic.

If you want to backtrack away from that, that's fine. And so, if you want to know about my philosophy, why not ask me? Or you could read the 1,000 posts on here where I write about it and indeed change it when successfully challenged.

But you haven't responded to an earlier question of mine... What makes you think that this Universe or any other gives a toss what we humans do to each other?

If you can demonstrate that it does, I will sign up to your position.

Thumbsup

To answer your question, I believe people have a choice in their paths... I believe the choice we make is either in harmony or out of harmony with the universe. You don't have to believe in my God to believe universal absolute moral truth exists, but it certainly will point to a higher moral authority than yourself or myself.. All you have to do is believe it is absolutely universally ALWAY morally wrong... and then figure out for yourself what higher authority makes this true. The alternative is that you have to justify a situation where child rape is good.
Thread Closed