Either Universal Truth Exists, or Child Abuse and Rape is Sometimes Good
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-10-2014, 05:39 PM
RE: Either Universal Truth Exists, or Child Abuse and Rape is Sometimes Good
(31-10-2014 05:36 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 05:30 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Your first thread proved nothing other than the fact that you are incapable of intelligent and honest discussion.

Your second thread proved nothing either.

This thread is a false dilemma (what a surprise!)

Good job, you have undeniable proof that atheists are evil, now go hide, you don't want to get eaten by ruthless savages, do you?

How pathetic is this. Seriously.

No not at all... Its just proof that the atheist cant say child abuse is NEVER good, because its an absolute moral truth. Theists however can... which world do you think a child would rather grow up in?

I was being ironic.

Do you by any chance know what a false dilemma is?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
Find all posts by this user
31-10-2014, 05:41 PM
(31-10-2014 05:38 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 05:34 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Im not here to hurt you... Im here to talk to you. I haven't treated anyone condescendingly, but that's all iv received... and im certainly not crying about it... I'm not slapping you with a thing. I am discussing YOUR belief system... I thought you guys didn't mind that? I guess you really don't like having to defend your point of view with credible sources ... that's not my way... I DO use them

You do know that being all " Smile " does not necessarily mean you're being nice, right?. Ignoring what people say and refusing to at least try and understand what others are telling you is quite rude if you ask me.

Don't try to turn this on atheism by hiding behind your feigned politeness. You look ridiculous enough as it is.

well now, According to you guys, im a troll, I don't mean my smiles, I know nothing about science, or math... but Im not the one that cant address the topic of the thread.

Do YOU believe it is universally and absolutely true that despite public opinion or time or space, child abuse is NEVER good? Do you believe in this absolute universal truth or no?
31-10-2014, 05:42 PM
(31-10-2014 05:34 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 05:23 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  One of my many (many many many many) beefs with theists: they slap different views onto atheists as a whole and then decry them as a problem with atheism.

Atheism means we don't believe in any gods. If you have a problem with the concept of no absolute truth, that's great, but it has nothing to do with atheism.

And if youll read the other thread, atheists do not believe in universal truth. I didn't lump you... you lumped yourselves lol Smile

Im not here to hurt you... Im here to talk to you. I haven't treated anyone condescendingly, but that's all iv received... and im certainly not crying about it... I'm not slapping you with a thing. I am discussing YOUR belief system... I thought you guys didn't mind that? I guess you really don't like having to defend your point of view with credible sources ... that's not my way... I DO use them

When we are done talking about universal morality and truth, I will be happy totake on ANY one here one on one... debating the following:

"God created" is more scientifically founded and better tested than the Big Bang and string"

Pick your man or woman for that debate... when we're done with this Ill take my side gladly and without intimidation Wink

What, you mean the thread with a grand total of ten people in it besides you?

Yeah, call me crazy, but I don't really take ten people as representative of a group any bigger than ten.

And again; this is not our "belief system". This is a completely unrelated concept you're trying to tack onto it.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
[+] 1 user Likes CleverUsername's post
31-10-2014, 05:43 PM
(31-10-2014 05:39 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 05:36 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  No not at all... Its just proof that the atheist cant say child abuse is NEVER good, because its an absolute moral truth. Theists however can... which world do you think a child would rather grow up in?

I was being ironic.

Can you simply tell me whether you believe it is universally and absolutely NEVER GOOD to abuse a child despite time circumstance location or popular opinion? Are those who think it is good simply wrong?
[+] 1 user Likes Wolfbitn's post
31-10-2014, 05:43 PM
(31-10-2014 05:34 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Im not here to hurt you... Im here to talk to you. I haven't treated anyone condescendingly, but that's all iv received...

But you claimed that us telling you that you did not understand your sources was condescending. Even though you really did not understand them and claimed they said something completely different. And when challenged multiple times to quote the paragraph where the article said what you claimed it did you were unable to. We weren't being condescending, we were just telling the truth.

If we were being condescending we'd say something like this:

"It's OK, we understand that it can be difficult to grasp the concept that 'I have' can be contracted to 'I', an apostrophe and a 've'"
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
31-10-2014, 05:44 PM
(31-10-2014 05:43 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 05:39 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  I was being ironic.

Can you simply tell me whether you believe it is universally and absolutely NEVER GOOD to abuse a child despite time circumstance location or popular opinion? Are those who think it is good simply wrong?

I can assure you, no one in here thinks that it is EVER good to abuse a child. But you knew that already, didn't you.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
31-10-2014, 05:45 PM
(31-10-2014 05:42 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 05:34 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  And if youll read the other thread, atheists do not believe in universal truth. I didn't lump you... you lumped yourselves lol Smile

Im not here to hurt you... Im here to talk to you. I haven't treated anyone condescendingly, but that's all iv received... and im certainly not crying about it... I'm not slapping you with a thing. I am discussing YOUR belief system... I thought you guys didn't mind that? I guess you really don't like having to defend your point of view with credible sources ... that's not my way... I DO use them

When we are done talking about universal morality and truth, I will be happy totake on ANY one here one on one... debating the following:

"God created" is more scientifically founded and better tested than the Big Bang and string"

Pick your man or woman for that debate... when we're done with this Ill take my side gladly and without intimidation Wink

What, you mean the thread with a grand total of ten people in it besides you?

Yeah, call me crazy, but I don't really take ten people as representative of a group any bigger than ten.

Find me a single atheist that believes in absolute universal moral truths... Youre not my first bunch, Iv talked to thousands of atheists Wink

So... do you agree with this statement or disagree? "Child abuse is NEVER GOOD"?
31-10-2014, 05:46 PM
(31-10-2014 05:44 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 05:43 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  Can you simply tell me whether you believe it is universally and absolutely NEVER GOOD to abuse a child despite time circumstance location or popular opinion? Are those who think it is good simply wrong?

I can assure you, no one in here thinks that it is EVER good to abuse a child. But you knew that already, didn't you.

Yes by your social standard... but do you believe it is universally and absolutely true despite public opinion? Do you believe those who SAY its good are simply wrong and that there is a higher truth that is bigger than society, and true in and of itself? If you do you believe in absolute moral universal truth
31-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Figures, dishonest from the beginning.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
31-10-2014, 05:49 PM
(31-10-2014 05:45 PM)Wolfbitn Wrote:  
(31-10-2014 05:42 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  What, you mean the thread with a grand total of ten people in it besides you?

Find me a single atheist that believes in absolute universal moral truths... Youre not my first bunch, Iv talked to thousands of atheists Wink

So... do you agree with this statement or disagree? "Child abuse is NEVER GOOD"?

That depends. Within the realm of actual possibility, I agree. Within the realm of "Think of a situation no matter how ridiculous and improbable", then disagree.

*Waits for the mental gymnastics act that somehow works this back to belief in God."

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
Thread Closed