Elder Scrolls Online

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2014, 10:09 AM
Elder Scrolls Online
Anyone else play Elder Scrolls online? I've noticed a shit ton of problems with it and was wondering if anyone else was seeing the same shitshow I am.

Massive Screen Tearing, Resetting Experience, Random Mob Respawn times (as in I pull a mob and it respawns immediately on the pull, making me fight 2 of the same mob at once), No monster experience, Random Crashes, Random deaths when logging in from the crashes, CC mechanics not working at all and countless other bugs.

I also Noticed that there are no Debuff/Buff timers and you have to get a 3rd party addon to see your DoTs or HoTs on target, not to mention the random loss of all DoT's on a mob.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2014, 10:15 AM
RE: Elder Scrolls Online
(25-04-2014 10:09 AM)Likos02 Wrote:  Anyone else play Elder Scrolls online? I've noticed a shit ton of problems with it and was wondering if anyone else was seeing the same shitshow I am.

Massive Screen Tearing, Resetting Experience, Random Mob Respawn times (as in I pull a mob and it respawns immediately on the pull, making me fight 2 of the same mob at once), No monster experience, Random Crashes, Random deaths when logging in from the crashes, CC mechanics not working at all and countless other bugs.

I also Noticed that there are no Debuff/Buff timers and you have to get a 3rd party addon to see your DoTs or HoTs on target, not to mention the random loss of all DoT's on a mob.

It's mediocre. That's all you need to know. That, and that it demands a shitload of money for features that other freetoplay MMO's has already implemented.

Joe Vargas was spot on with his review, as he usually is when it comes to MMO's

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
25-04-2014, 10:17 AM (This post was last modified: 25-04-2014 10:41 AM by Can_of_Beans.)
I'm not playing at the moment. I've generally avoided these types of games because I use video games as a way to escape from people - the last thing I need is to turn it into another social activity.

Other than the issues you mentioned (which I would hope they work out eventually) what is your impression of its solo game play potential?

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
26-04-2014, 07:25 PM
I don't really like GTA V, but ESO should have been very similar to it and not a damn MMO. We asked to play with our friends in our own lobbies, not with a bunch of randies.

the self-righteous asshole Drinking Beverage
[+] 1 user Likes b1g_br0th3r's post
03-05-2014, 06:55 PM
I was really excited for it, but I keep hearing way too many problems about it and now I really don't want to play it as much.

It sounds a lot like a completely different game than something that is Elder scrolls being played with friends and others.
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
03-05-2014, 06:56 PM
(03-05-2014 06:55 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I was really excited for it, but I keep hearing way too many problems about it and now I really don't want to play it as much.

It sounds a lot like a completely different game than something that is Elder scrolls being played with friends and others.

This for me as well. I'm just enjoying Skyrim at the moment. When ESO is fixed/overhauled, then I'll consider it.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
06-05-2014, 03:34 AM
Because, reasons...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
07-05-2014, 06:03 AM
I tried it out, it worked fine, without errors (but all the errors are understandable, it is still Beta, so what do you expect), but I've quit plying it rather quickly and I will not be participating in playing it again.

IT IS SHIT!!!

Explanation: It is shit because it has lost absolutely everything that made the rest of the Elder Scrolls great. You never, ever had to choose a class you are playing, but you would go Custom and just pick the skills as you played. You had the choice of ALL skills. In EVERY Elder Scrolls. But, they have decided that this time they will make actual classes, you have to choose one of them and you can not have all the skills, just some of them are shared by all classes.

What this means is that I can not make a wizard and then boost his sneak skill, because a wizard does not have a sneak skill. It has wizard skills.

And I call BULLSHIT!!! MAYOR BULLSHIT!!!!

Never was I so disappointing with any game. I played all Elder Scrolls from Morrovind to Skyrim, but I will NOT be playing this Online, even if it was free.

I will not even mention the on time purchase price and then the monthly amount you need to spend just to play it.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
07-05-2014, 06:06 AM
(07-05-2014 06:03 AM)Filox Wrote:  I tried it out, it worked fine, without errors (but all the errors are understandable, it is still Beta, so what do you expect), but I've quit plying it rather quickly and I will not be participating in playing it again.

IT IS SHIT!!!

Explanation: It is shit because it has lost absolutely everything that made the rest of the Elder Scrolls great. You never, ever had to choose a class you are playing, but you would go Custom and just pick the skills as you played. You had the choice of ALL skills. In EVERY Elder Scrolls. But, they have decided that this time they will make actual classes, you have to choose one of them and you can not have all the skills, just some of them are shared by all classes.

What this means is that I can not make a wizard and then boost his sneak skill, because a wizard does not have a sneak skill. It has wizard skills.

And I call BULLSHIT!!! MAYOR BULLSHIT!!!!

Never was I so disappointing with any game. I played all Elder Scrolls from Morrovind to Skyrim, but I will NOT be playing this Online, even if it was free.

I will not even mention the on time purchase price and then the monthly amount you need to spend just to play it.

Yeah! Fuck this fucking game!

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
08-05-2014, 06:09 PM
(06-05-2014 03:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Because, reasons...

Zero Punctuation did an MMO review Ohmy . Now I have seen everything!

I played it during the open beta. I don't like MMOs in general, and I am probably the most hard core ES fan on these forums (bring it on mofos), so no surprise I didn't much care for it.

I wish skyrim wasn't such an unstable POS of a game, on a completed unrelated note. I really want to play it again, but I refuse to give up all my eye candy because the game can't handle it Sad . I doubt very much I will ever play ESO no matter how good it gets.