Elder Scrolls Online beta invitations...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-02-2014, 12:34 AM
RE: Elder Scrolls Online beta invitations...
(08-02-2014 03:02 AM)sporehux Wrote:  yes please, if there is such a thing Smile))
I deleted my second beta invite, sorry. Sleepy

I wouldn't worry about it, though, because TESO is an abomination.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
09-02-2014, 12:42 AM
is it going to be a "freemium" travesty ?

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
09-02-2014, 03:43 AM
(09-02-2014 12:42 AM)sporehux Wrote:  is it going to be a "freemium" travesty ?
No, it's going to be a P2P game. You have to pay a monthly subscription fee on par with that of WoW, but the funny thing is that their product is dog shit compared to it. I wiped it off my HDD like would scrape shit off of my boots.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
11-02-2014, 04:57 PM
Elder Scrolls Online beta invitations...
While my sentiments regarding this game may not mirror those of Vosur in magnitude or ferocity, I am inclined to agree. I won't be playing. In fact I believe this game has made me realize I've become disillusioned with the MMO genre to an extent. Sure, defeating epic bosses with friends can be fun (if it doesn't require 10+ hours on a week night). But one cannot take a game like Skyrim and shoehorn it into this genre and expect it to compete.

I just finished filling out the ESO Beta survey. One of the questions was "[paraphrasing] did you find the NPCs emotionally engaging". I realized I barely even found the NPCs and stories of Skyrim to have been emotionally engaging, let alone this game. At least in Skyrim, with characters only interacting with my character or each other, the potential was there. But when one sees each NPC interacting with the other 20 people in the same zone as you all helping that same character in exactly the same way I just did, it dilutes the emotional element.

It's difficult to make an MMO that doesn't have zones that feel less like an adventure and more like a playground in a major amusement park crowded with people. Such problems cheapen the experience. At least Guild Wars understood this concept and handled for it to an extent.

WoW even had this problem. Perhaps I didn't notice it nearly as much because they divided the population sufficiently.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum