Elder Scrolls Online

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2014, 07:29 PM
RE: Elder Scrolls Online
(13-01-2014 08:48 PM)Crulax Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 08:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  As I said in Vosur's thread, it's most likely gonna be like Star Wars online, Warhammer Online, Dungeon and Dragons online, Lord of the Rings online. All fantastic themes and have huge potential for awesomeness, but all executed so so so poorly.

The companies that made these games are parasites. They're all the same cookie cutter trash.

I didn't have any expectations that Elder Scrolls online was going to be any different.

DDO was the only MMO that I played for more than two months. That game had a lot of potential but instead of making it better Turbine slowly made it worse. I played it for years but quit shortly after Warner Brothers bought Turbine after that it started to go to shit real quick. One of the good things that DDO has going for them is the fact that you can A. Pay a monthly fee and have access to all content or B. Purchase the content you want for a fee depending on the content. I still hope that Turbine will pull their heads out of their asses but my occasional trips to the DDO forums to check on things have proved fruitless. I had high hopes for ESO but wasn't impressed during the Beta weekend. Other than ESO there was only one other MMO coming out that I have hopes for this year.

I must say, that's visually very nice.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Elder Scrolls Online
(14-01-2014 07:29 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(13-01-2014 08:48 PM)Crulax Wrote:  DDO was the only MMO that I played for more than two months. That game had a lot of potential but instead of making it better Turbine slowly made it worse. I played it for years but quit shortly after Warner Brothers bought Turbine after that it started to go to shit real quick. One of the good things that DDO has going for them is the fact that you can A. Pay a monthly fee and have access to all content or B. Purchase the content you want for a fee depending on the content. I still hope that Turbine will pull their heads out of their asses but my occasional trips to the DDO forums to check on things have proved fruitless. I had high hopes for ESO but wasn't impressed during the Beta weekend. Other than ESO there was only one other MMO coming out that I have hopes for this year.

I must say, that's visually very nice.

I may need to invest in a new console.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 2 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
14-01-2014, 10:01 PM
(14-01-2014 09:18 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  lolwut?!
From the TESO FAQ:

What payment model will The Elder Scrolls Online use?
We will be announcing exact payment methods at a later date, but globally we will be supporting multiple payment options. Players must purchase The Elder Scrolls Online in order to play it. They will have unlimited access for the first 30 days following activation and can continue beyond that with a subscription of $14.99/month (€12.99 / £8.99).

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
14-01-2014, 10:18 PM
(14-01-2014 10:01 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(14-01-2014 09:18 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  lolwut?!
From the TESO FAQ:

We will be announcing exact payment methods at a later date, but globally we will be supporting multiple payment options. Players must purchase The Elder Scrolls Online in order to play it. They will have unlimited access for the first 30 days following activation and can continue beyond that with a subscription of $14.99/month (€12.99 / £8.99).

That is fucking ludicrous.
Even WoW's not that much and at least WoW's decent...

Should start taking bets as to how long it takes them to go to a free to play model like everyone else.

14-01-2014, 10:21 PM
Elder Scrolls Online
(14-01-2014 10:18 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-01-2014 10:01 PM)Vosur Wrote:  From the TESO FAQ:

That is fucking ludicrous.
Even WoW's not that much and at least WoW's decent...

Should start taking bets as to how long it takes them to go to a free to play model like everyone else.

What are you talking about? It's the exact same price as WoW.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
14-01-2014, 10:23 PM
I stand corrected. Even so, the point stands.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post