Elder Scrolls

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2014, 02:39 AM
RE: Elder Scrolls
(29-07-2014 04:39 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Vosur, perhaps another in the daylight? This appears to be the "mysterious shack" wherein lies an event involving a choice to be made (avoiding spoilers)? As for the shadow at the door, I can barely make out the features.
Yeah, see, the problem is that this screenshot is a couple months old. I don't have the save game for this character anymore. Undecided

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2014, 07:30 AM
Elder Scrolls
(30-07-2014 02:39 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-07-2014 04:39 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Vosur, perhaps another in the daylight? This appears to be the "mysterious shack" wherein lies an event involving a choice to be made (avoiding spoilers)? As for the shadow at the door, I can barely make out the features.
Yeah, see, the problem is that this screenshot is a couple months old. I don't have the save game for this character anymore. Undecided

Pictures of the dead. Spooooky! Did I get the location right?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
30-07-2014, 07:39 AM
(30-07-2014 07:30 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Pictures of the dead. Spooooky! Did I get the location right?
You did. I can't tell you how much that quest impressed me the first time I played Skyrim. I just love moral dilemmas in video games.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
30-07-2014, 08:00 AM
Elder Scrolls
(30-07-2014 07:39 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(30-07-2014 07:30 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Pictures of the dead. Spooooky! Did I get the location right?
You did. I can't tell you how much that quest impressed me the first time I played Skyrim. I just love moral dilemmas in video games.

It does give them an air of sophistication. Yet even that one was still mostly on rails. Was still a nice change of pace from the usual quest.

30-07-2014, 06:49 PM
(30-07-2014 07:39 AM)Vosur Wrote:  

I never saw much point in them.
Usually there's either a good decision or a bad decision.
Kill him or don't kill him. You get X for killing him, Y for not killing him.
So the question is not a moral dilemma but a choice between X and Y.

The Witcher was the best I saw at moral dilemma though. It was "kill a bus full of orphans or kill a bus full of pregnant women" sort of decisions where you were just like "wtf?"
10-08-2014, 04:10 PM
What is your character build?

My Skyrim character is amazing. I planned him out and used illusion, sneak, conjuration and archery. Later I also leveled up blade.

Basically anything can be pwned thusly: Cast muffle and invisibility, cast master level fury spell (if multiple enemies), conjure dremora lord then recast invisibility and watch it all play out. If there are any survivors by the time the spells have worn off then conjure a bow or sword and stealthily kill the survivors.

I originally thought up this build when I was playing a thief character and I wanted to do the College of Winterhold, but I couldn't logically justify a thief with no magic skill becoming Arch-Mage. So now I have a character who could logically fit into all the factions.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
10-08-2014, 04:32 PM
Well my first character I leveled 1handed weapons focusing on the axe line (correct me if I'm wrong but axes did bonus bleed damage? at least when upgraded. I can't remember the bonus). Block. Heavy Armor. Smithing. Enchanting. Alchemy.
So, use alchemy to buff enchanting and used buffed enchanting to enchant heavy armor. Smithing was sort of pointless though because you can reach the armor cap quickly. I think smithing had some other good bonuses though. I can't remember, it's been a while.
I don't recall having any ranged ability on this character, just crappy fireballs. But I didn't need it, I was able to quickly get to the point where my 1handed was so high of a lvl compared to my actual lvl that I was one hit killing everything and 2-3 hit killing dragons (making ranged pointless as you just wait till they land).

My orc was just duel wield one handed swords. Swords are quick and I could berserk so shit died quickly. Plus because I only lvled 1handed my overall level remained low (meaning enemies were easier).

My High elf was pure destruction (fire) and I also leveled restoration.

For my dark elf I leveled archery(which was extremely easy to get to 100, those that know how know why), sneak, lockpicking, pickpocketing, light armor, enchanting, alchemy and some 1handed.
10-08-2014, 05:54 PM
Ugh, I kind of want to play Skyrim or Oblivion...but I know after about 10 hours the excitement factor of trying out a new build starts to fade away and you proceed to become an unstoppable beast. What I need right now is a really good survival horror. Hmm.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
10-08-2014, 07:26 PM
Elder Scrolls
You guys know there's no reason to roll a new toon in Skyrim, right? No level cap at all. Just have your mage pick up a sword and shield and go block some mud crabs to level it up. Just keep going. You can level ALL skills to 100 eventually...assuming sufficient patience (the test I failed).

With infinite heals you can raise block against giants if you want.

10-08-2014, 07:54 PM
(10-08-2014 07:26 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  You guys know there's no reason to roll a new toon in Skyrim, right? No level cap at all. Just have your mage pick up a sword and shield and go block some mud crabs to level it up. Just keep going. You can level ALL skills to 100 eventually...assuming sufficient patience (the test I failed).

With infinite heals you can raise block against giants if you want.

yabut, you can't redo missions.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post