Election Fever!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-09-2015, 09:55 AM
RE: Election Fever!
(15-09-2015 09:17 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Of course the pro-dems won people are idiots. If it's based on merit than only the very best can get the jobs and people don't like this idea that someone is better than them at something or/and that you need to work hard to achieve something.

Much better just to say a bunch of hollow lines and say what the people wanna hear in order to "achieve" something.

Democracy is not this holy grail everyone makes it out to be. It is deeply flawed just like any political system. At least when you promote people based on their merit you eliminate one of the flaws democracy has in that any idiot can get voted into power.

I am nearly inclined to agree however ... education: not everyone has one. Hence ... "any idiot can get voted into power".

Also ... poverty: "lack of basic necessities for all to thrive" always seems to be a side issue with people promoted based on merit. Again... "any idiot can get voted into power". Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-09-2015, 09:54 PM
(15-09-2015 09:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(15-09-2015 09:17 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  ...
Much better just to say a bunch of hollow lines and say what the people wanna hear in order to "achieve" something.
any idiot can get voted into power.

Are you having a go at our Murikan friends again?

Ohmy

me? saying negative things about 'Murica? DLJ, I'm shocked that you would accuse me of such actions.

Quote:Also ... poverty: "lack of basic necessities for all to thrive" always seems to be a side issue with people promoted based on merit.

Where do you get this notion?
Because elected officials are really doing a great job at helping the poor?
*cough* 'Murica! *cough*

I would make the argument that people promoted via merit and not popular vote are less bias and are more likely to help everyone because they're not pandering to some lobby group or to one specific demographic of the voter base.
When you keeping your job is based on your ability and not on how much large corporation shit you get on your nose you're more likely to be fair to all.

[Image: oscar.png]
15-09-2015, 10:26 PM
(15-09-2015 09:36 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(15-09-2015 09:33 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Are you having a go at our Murikan friends again?

Ohmy

Voting in idiots ---

WE'RE #1....

(leading the world in stupid leadership since 1877)

1840, surely.

The presidential campaign of William Henry Harrison is the post-modern masterpiece of all time. The Harrison presidential dollar is my single favourite piece of US coinage of all time.
"Let no committee, no convention, no town meeting extract from him a single word about what he thinks now or what he will do hereafter." This is literally a direct quote from his campaign staff.

God bless America.

All we've got up here is a cravenly corrupt founding father who was kicked out of office amid ridiculous drunken scandal - and then re-elected, because no one else was any better. So I guess we're nobody to judge.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
15-09-2015, 10:33 PM
(15-09-2015 09:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ...
me? saying negative things about 'Murica? DLJ, I'm shocked that you would accuse me of such actions.

Less shocked than I was when I read this...

(04-09-2015 02:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  ...
Just imagine what would happen if we let them do whatever they wanted, irregardless of the law, based on whatever they feel like that particular day.
It's so stupid. Fuck that hoe, I hope she gets raped in prison by a bunch of butch lesbians (preferably ones that go on to get married but I wont push it).

You have seriously gone down in my estimation and you should apologise to everyone here for that!

Angry

15-09-2015, 10:47 PM
(15-09-2015 09:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ... I'm shocked that you would accuse me of such actions ...

I think anyone who walks into a store and on the spur of the moment purchases a Kit-Kat bar without any premeditation can be accused of pretty much anything. Tongue
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post
15-09-2015, 11:08 PM
(15-09-2015 10:33 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(15-09-2015 09:54 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ...

Less shocked than I was when I read this...

(04-09-2015 02:47 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  ...
Just imagine what would happen if we let them do whatever they wanted, irregardless of the law, based on whatever they feel like that particular day.
It's so stupid. Fuck that hoe, I hope she gets raped in prison by a bunch of butch lesbians (preferably ones that go on to get married but I wont push it).

You have seriously gone down in my estimation and you should apologise to everyone here for that!

Angry

Yea... I'm going to go ahead and not apologize for that comment.

[Image: oscar.png]
15-09-2015, 11:21 PM
(15-09-2015 11:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(15-09-2015 10:33 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Less shocked than I was when I read this...

Angry

Yea... I'm going to go ahead and not apologize for that comment.

Not the comment.

You said "irregardless". I can still hear Chas and Vosur weeping and a-wailing and a-gnashing their teeth.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
16-09-2015, 06:09 AM
(15-09-2015 11:21 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ... You said "irregardless". I can still hear Chas and Vosur weeping and a-wailing and a-gnashing their teeth ...

From Wikipedia's account of the word:

"Australian linguist Pam Peters (The Cambridge Guide to English Usage, 2004) suggests that irregardless has become fetishized because natural examples of this word in corpora of written and spoken English are greatly outnumbered by examples where it is in fact only cited as an incorrect term."

Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Airportkid's post