Election Night!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2014, 05:19 PM
Election Night!
So did all you US citizens of legal voting age get out there and vote? I'm in Iowa, so my husband and I made sure to get our absentee ballots in right away. I might just be excited to watch coverage since I'm in a swing state.

Anyone else watching election coverage tonight? Or are you just happy all the political ads will die down for a bit? (I say a bit because it's just about time for presidential ads Facepalm )

The Daily Show and The Colbert Report will be live tonight so that they can report on it.

I'm also keeping my eye on the Oregon, Alaska, and D.C. results tonight. The voters will be allowed to vote on the legalization of marijuana. Looks like it could go either way in Alaska and Oregon, but the polls in D.C. show 2-1 in favor of legalization Smokin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
04-11-2014, 05:21 PM
RE: Election Night!
Yup voted this more right around 9:45 ish. No line in and out.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-11-2014, 05:46 PM
Yep, I voted (also in Iowa).

I won't be watching the coverage since I'll be asleep by the time any substantive results come in. I'm expecting to wake up to bad news tomorrow. Undecided

I'm just thinking out loud.
04-11-2014, 05:51 PM
Yep - voted. Hopefully, that asshole of a governor is going down.
As for senator... couldn't decide between stupid old white guy and stupider young white guy ... so, I went with the Libertarian... just for kicks. Shy

In lighter news, our state supreme court ruled that our gay marriage ban is fucked - like duh. Rolleyes 21st century, here we come!

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
04-11-2014, 05:51 PM
(04-11-2014 05:46 PM)KnowtheSilence Wrote:  Yep, I voted (also in Iowa).

I won't be watching the coverage since I'll be asleep by the time any substantive results come in. I'm expecting to wake up to bad news tomorrow. Undecided

Yeah, Branstad seems to be a lock, and Ernst was also leading a bit I believe. Trying not to get my hopes up, but doesn't hurt to hope!

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
04-11-2014, 06:09 PM
Re: Election Night!
I've heard people complain that Kentucky stereotypes are not fairly applied.. No I'm not even sorry Kentucky, you get no benefit of the doubt at all. The suffix -Tucky will remain in by vocab to anything idiotic and of redneck nature.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
04-11-2014, 06:26 PM
lol I can't vote anyway, even if I could I would not. The democrats are dead in America and are likely to never comeback at this point. I don't even know why some democrats even bother to run. It is over. I am basically one myself so it is not likely I am insulting them.
04-11-2014, 06:48 PM
Vote for what exactly, and why should I care?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
04-11-2014, 06:51 PM
(04-11-2014 06:48 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Vote for what exactly, and why should I care?

For your local comptroller... So you'll know who says Knights who say NI!

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
04-11-2014, 06:55 PM
(04-11-2014 06:51 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 06:48 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Vote for what exactly, and why should I care?

For your local comptroller... So you'll know who says Knights who say NI!

To lazy to do that, my laziness must be taken into account, that and it is much faster to get an answer here.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube