Election Night Speaches

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2016, 03:30 PM
Election Night Speaches
Assuming the unthinkable does not happen and we don't end up in Florida Recount Hell in about 40 hours or so somebody will be giving a concession speach and somebody else a victory speach. What do you think those will look like for each candidate? Assume for the sake of discussion that each candidate is willing and capable of both.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2016, 03:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2016 03:49 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Election Night Speaches
(07-11-2016 03:30 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Assuming the unthinkable does not happen and we don't end up in Florida Recount Hell in about 40 hours or so somebody will be giving a concession speach and somebody else a victory speach. What do you think those will look like for each candidate? Assume for the sake of discussion that each candidate is willing and capable of both.

I saw a clip of Hillary establishing her bona fides using her relationships with a bunch of former Presidents and other muckety mucks specifically her point out her relationship with Gerald Ford as some sorta former RNC worker. That indicates to me that she is trying to reassure we da sheeple that she'll be able to work with a Republican Congress. Think she'll do that in a victory (can we call it more like a didn't lose speech) speech too. I actually think she will be able to work with Ryan better than and specifically because of Trump. The not completely batshit bonkers caucus will realize they have to minimize without marginalizing the completely batshit bonkers caucus.

I don't know what a Trump "I am Negan" speech will look like but it's gonna be yuuuuge. Think Pence could wield Lucille better though.

Can't even imagine what either concession speech will look like.

#sigh
07-11-2016, 04:04 PM
Reader's Digest Version of each concession speech...

Clinton: "Yeah, big man -- you beat a woman... Is that what gets you off Donald???"

Trump: "That horrible pig can go fuck herself"....

Unless it becomes uncivil......

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
07-11-2016, 04:12 PM
In a four-sentence sourball (non-)concession speech, T Rump will say "Make America Great" twice, hint at the "2nd Amendment solution" twice, and use the word "RIGGED" 8 times. Tongue

I'm thinking that Hillary's ghost writer is betting on the come line, and hasn't written anything.