Election Night!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: Election Night!
Kansas Is looking as red as ever. No surprise there, but I'm encouraged at how close the Senate and governor races were. It's almost like there are a bunch of us that would like to see some change. That's a good sign, if not a victory.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2014, 01:02 AM
Why do Americans have to be so fucking ignorant? Yes, I'm an American.
05-11-2014, 01:36 AM
Good maybe this means the surveys and robocalls will stop.

I've averaged 10-15 calls a day since September.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

05-11-2014, 01:37 AM
I voted absentee when I was back home last month. I'm sure it didn't do much good in Alabama, but I feel like I tried. There were a lot of uncontested Republicans... one of my friends did some pretty funny write-ins. I didn't think to be that clever though.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
05-11-2014, 05:01 AM
Still another election with no influence by candidates or the media to alter the horribly stupid voting system that the country currently has... Let's keep the vote on simple Tuesday since you know.. we still need to travel a day to get to the polls and we can't possibly travel on Sunday, oh yeah we aren't a bunch of agricultural workers without motorized transportation anymore.

At least some more states are legalizing marijuana to upset many of the people who think God gave them dominion over the earth.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
05-11-2014, 05:07 AM
We lost the fight to legalize Marijuana here in Florida. Rick Scott made sure of that, he pumped something like $10,000,000+ into a smear campaign against Amendment 2, here's the website dedicated to it if you want to check out this nonsense....

http://voteno2.org/

[Image: Sycc-Signature.png]
05-11-2014, 09:58 AM
(04-11-2014 10:57 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Kansas Is looking as red as ever. No surprise there, but I'm encouraged at how close the Senate and governor races were. It's almost like there are a bunch of us that would like to see some change. That's a good sign, if not a victory.

The logical part of my brain knew that this is how the results would turn out. The idealistic side of me hoped we'd get some blue's voted in. The sadistic side of me wanted to see all red's voted in, see the state go to shit in the next several years, and then get some change due to that.

I also know that Kansas is somewhere I do not want to live anymore. As a teacher, I looked at the gubernatorial election as a way for the public to come out in support of education. They did not. I will take my talents, skills, and intelligence, along with my spouse's talents, skills, and intelligence to another state in the coming years.

Let the brain drain begin.
[+] 1 user Likes jaguar3030's post
05-11-2014, 10:10 AM
(05-11-2014 09:58 AM)jaguar3030 Wrote:  
(04-11-2014 10:57 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Kansas Is looking as red as ever. No surprise there, but I'm encouraged at how close the Senate and governor races were. It's almost like there are a bunch of us that would like to see some change. That's a good sign, if not a victory.

The logical part of my brain knew that this is how the results would turn out. The idealistic side of me hoped we'd get some blue's voted in. The sadistic side of me wanted to see all red's voted in, see the state go to shit in the next several years, and then get some change due to that.

I also know that Kansas is somewhere I do not want to live anymore. As a teacher, I looked at the gubernatorial election as a way for the public to come out in support of education. They did not. I will take my talents, skills, and intelligence, along with my spouse's talents, skills, and intelligence to another state in the coming years.

Let the brain drain begin.
I voted Straight Democrat.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
05-11-2014, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014 10:32 AM by Elder Cunningham.)
What is it with turkeys voting for Christmas this year?

Hate the belief, love the believer.
[+] 1 user Likes Elder Cunningham's post
05-11-2014, 10:16 AM
Re: Election Night!
I'm in NC, so we had the wonderful Hagan-Tillis fight. Hate them both. She loves raising taxes and he vowed to keep our gay marriage ban. Both are dumber than dirt.

I felt like I was choosing between dog shit and cat shit.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post