Election Night!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2014, 02:27 PM
RE: Election Night!
(05-11-2014 10:16 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  I'm in NC, so we had the wonderful Hagan-Tillis fight. Hate them both. She loves raising taxes and he vowed to keep our gay marriage ban. Both are dumber than dirt.

I felt like I was choosing between dog shit and cat shit.

Did you see that Patrick Cannon (former mayor of Charlotte that was convicted of taking bribes (felony) and is currently out on bond) voted yesterday and is now being hauled back to federal court for voting fraud because felons cant vote.

Facepalm

The dude was just sentenced not more than 2 weeks ago!

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2014/11...FqIcYg8KrU

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
05-11-2014, 02:38 PM
Re: RE: Election Night!
(05-11-2014 02:27 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Did you see that Patrick Cannon...
... because felons cant vote.

Yeah, saw that. How can someone be so stupid? I know a guy who served prison time for a felony and he knows what he can & can't do.

Big Grin
05-11-2014, 05:02 PM
(05-11-2014 12:28 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Funniest thread in weeks!

Here in Florida we went...er stayed, in FULL R3TARD mode.

Weeping

When I saw the marijuana legalization results I said "there goes Florida, ruining everyone's good time again Dodgy " Tongue

Seriously can't even get medicinal approval? I know Iowa's got no room to talk. As long as we've got Branstad in office, we'll never even see it on a ballot, but I'd like to think if it were on the ballot we could at least get medicinal use approved.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
05-11-2014, 05:10 PM
(05-11-2014 10:10 AM)Winterwolf00 Wrote:  ...
I voted Straight Democrat.

HOMOPHOBE!

Angry

[+] 7 users Like DLJ's post
05-11-2014, 05:57 PM
(05-11-2014 05:10 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 10:10 AM)Winterwolf00 Wrote:  ...
I voted Straight Democrat.

HOMOPHOBE!

Angry

I see what you did there Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-11-2014, 08:43 PM
Ok. You haven't heard this from me, right?

Yesterday on my governance course we discussed strategy with one of the delegates from a well known global bank.

He talked about having down scaled their portfolio (which is unusual given that growth is an enterprise goal). Specifically, they had pulled out some operations from the US and Iran.

I showed him the newspaper headline this morning regarding this thread topic and asked him if there was any connection. Very candidly, he said "Yes".

Well, I guess the oil companies and arms dealers will be happy.

Thanks USA!

Angry

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
05-11-2014, 09:09 PM
(05-11-2014 08:43 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Ok. You haven't heard this from me, right?

Yesterday on my governance course we discussed strategy with one of the delegates from a well known global bank.

He talked about having down scaled their portfolio (which is unusual given that growth is an enterprise goal). Specifically, they had pulled out some operations from the US and Iran.

I showed him the newspaper headline this morning regarding this thread topic and asked him if there was any connection. Very candidly, he said "Yes".

Well, I guess the oil companies and arms dealers will be happy.

Thanks USA!

Angry

Hey, I voted. Don't you blame me! Angry

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
05-11-2014, 10:41 PM
(05-11-2014 09:09 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  ...

Well it seems that you didn't vote hard enough!

Drinking Beverage

05-11-2014, 11:13 PM
(05-11-2014 10:41 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-11-2014 09:09 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  ...

Well it seems that you didn't vote hard enough!

Drinking Beverage

Oh, I voted plenty hard Girl_nails I can't be blamed for the actions of others, however Drinking Beverage

06-11-2014, 05:46 PM
The problem with US elections

[Image: h69A0DC0F]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 6 users Like unfogged's post