Election Night!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-11-2014, 09:26 AM
RE: Election Night!
(08-11-2014 09:20 AM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(08-11-2014 09:13 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  Funny thing is I totally disagree with their economic policies. I'm happy they won because I'm tired of the left's totalitarian political correctness and anti-Western cultural Marxism.

So you agree with their social policies?? I don't think that's any better Blink

Not all of them, but more so than I do the democrats. I would consider myself a cultural conservative right-wing liberal or Fortuynist with very light social conservative influences on social issues.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2014, 10:03 AM
(08-11-2014 08:33 AM)Walter Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 10:03 AM)cjlr Wrote:  Given that turnout averaged ~35%...

If there were ever a group of people who deserved to be punched in the face, it's the idiots who don't vote and then complain about the results.

That is the first time I have heard about a connection between complaining and voting.

You literally just posted a long complaint and prefaced it with the statement that you didn't vote.

Are you even trying?

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
08-11-2014, 11:11 AM
(08-11-2014 09:13 AM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(07-11-2014 07:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  [Image: 249027_438899109461742_1420949922_n.jpg]

Funny thing is I totally disagree with their economic policies. I'm happy they won because I'm tired of the left's totalitarian political correctness and anti-Western cultural Marxism.

You might not be that aware of US politicians then... The democratic party is in no way anything close to a cultural marxist regime or anti-western. They're just as conservative in those regards as Republicans as very few democrats are by a global standard of liberal or marxist...

And the PC being a leftist or Liberal driving point is one of the biggest misguided realities various media outlets portray. The biggest culprits of PC are big businesses like the Wal-Marts and your random supply goods producers that sell their products there. Those companies are enforcing the PC market ideas because it's about alienating nobody to increase revenue, it's not some movement pushed more by the left at all.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
08-11-2014, 01:03 PM
(08-11-2014 10:03 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(08-11-2014 08:33 AM)Walter Wrote:  That is the first time I have heard about a connection between complaining and voting.

You literally just posted a long complaint and prefaced it with the statement that you didn't vote.

Are you even trying?

I was kidding. The reference to 1976 was a hint that I have been told dozens of times over the years that I have no right to complain. Did you listen to Carlin? I am not really crazy about linked videos, but this one is short.

In the original post, I wanted to share some perspective from a non-voting atheist. I thought a few thinking ones who visit here might appreciate it.
10-11-2014, 09:39 PM
I live in San Diego and have to say Carl DeMaio most likely lost the election because of him being gay....whatever that marriage lobby group is urged people to vote against him merely because of his sexual orientation and stance on abortion. They actually sent emails to people telling them to vote against him....I almost told them to fuck off, but was a little more polite in my reply email.

I thought he would have won because he was winning before mail-in votes which usually lean Republican (I live in a military area), but then I remembered how the GOP likes to lean.