Election and gun prices

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2016, 06:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2016 06:08 PM by Warts And All.)
Election and gun prices
So I walked into a pawnshop yesterday looking for a banjo. No banjos but lots of guns. I used to be into guns due to a previous occupation. So I look them over and notice that the new handguns are all going at full retail and the used ones are almost the same price.

The fellow behind the counter tells me this election has been the best thing that ever happened to the gun industry. I guess it's like the generator shortage just before Y2K. I know people with 20,000 rounds of 5.56 NATO ammo under their beds. And apparently you can't buy 22LR ammo anywhere.

And just like the generators, next year all of this stuff will be on the surplus market. That's scary.

Ah, now it all makes sense. The preppers must be buying up all the banjos!

EDIT: I put this into the Casual Coffeehouse hoping it would be tongue-in-cheek. If it turns political I hope the Mods will move or remove it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2016, 06:53 PM
RE: Election and gun prices
America is the best thing that has happened to the gun industry in general. The election is just a slight upswing on the graph. Dodgy

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
04-11-2016, 07:19 PM
(04-11-2016 06:04 PM)Warts And All Wrote:  ...
EDIT: I put this into the Casual Coffeehouse hoping it would be tongue-in-cheek. If it turns political I hope the Mods will move or remove it.

If? Dodgy

Don't worry, that never happens. OPs that mention guns in the US never turn political.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
04-11-2016, 07:22 PM
(04-11-2016 07:19 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

If? Dodgy

Don't worry, that never happens. OPs that mention guns in the US never turn political.

Drinking Beverage

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

And the damnedest topics get guns and the NRA!!!11!!!ONE in them, too.
04-11-2016, 07:33 PM
(04-11-2016 06:04 PM)Warts And All Wrote:  So I walked into a pawnshop yesterday looking for a banjo. No banjos but lots of guns. I used to be into guns due to a previous occupation. So I look them over and notice that the new handguns are all going at full retail and the used ones are almost the same price.

The fellow behind the counter tells me this election has been the best thing that ever happened to the gun industry. I guess it's like the generator shortage just before Y2K. I know people with 20,000 rounds of 5.56 NATO ammo under their beds. And apparently you can't buy 22LR ammo anywhere.

And just like the generators, next year all of this stuff will be on the surplus market. That's scary.

Ah, now it all makes sense. The preppers must be buying up all the banjos!

The preppers bought their shit a long time ago. The procrastinators are buying theirs now Tongue

'Murican Canadian
04-11-2016, 07:45 PM
(04-11-2016 07:19 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

If? Dodgy

Drinking Beverage

Yes they do. They always turn political.

[Image: oscar.png]
04-11-2016, 10:22 PM
Step 1 - Be afraid.

Step 2 - Buy a gun to be less afraid.

Step 3 - Repeat steps 1 and 2.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
04-11-2016, 10:28 PM
(04-11-2016 10:22 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Step 1 - Be afraid.

Step 1 is the precursor for pretty much every action any human takes. Step two varies but is ultimately an attempt to accomplish the same objective by different means.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
04-11-2016, 10:40 PM
(04-11-2016 10:28 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(04-11-2016 10:22 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Step 1 - Be afraid.

Step 1 is the precursor for pretty much every action any human takes. Step two varies but is ultimately an attempt to accomplish the same objective by different means.

But be wary when the people profiting from Step 2 are telling you lies to kick-start Step 1.

I wasn't afraid when I bought my computer. Fear didn't motivate me to go see Doctor Strange at the movie theater yesterday. Fear is a terrible epistemology.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
05-11-2016, 12:29 AM
(04-11-2016 10:40 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fear is a terrible epistemology.

Not quite so. More accurately stated it would be that fear is a terrible foundation on which to base your epistemology.

Fear itself is quite useful. In fact our evolution depends on it.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post