Election and gun prices

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-11-2016, 05:36 PM
RE: Election and gun prices
That is not happening just with guns. We have a Habitat charity store locally that is selling used furniture and appliances at almost the same price as something new out of a department store. And even with food, I am seeing some deli products like frozen pizza or chicken wings or pre made subs go for as much as a fast food chain.

I think the rise in everything is not because wages are going up, the rise in prices are because of greed. Even with that Habitat store, it went from a smaller place before where the prices were not outrageous to the new place. It seems to me the people that run that place are more interested in paying for image and looking good than actual charity.

And even with corporate charities, those are not designed to help more people, they are designed as a tax write off. It isn't a conspiracy in as much as it is a bad climate that leads to bad policy. But guns being pumped out like candy is a different story, I am only addressing the price issue.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
05-11-2016, 06:56 PM
I hope it means that all the fucktards who vote for Drumpf are getting ready to blow their heads off.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
05-11-2016, 07:00 PM
(05-11-2016 05:36 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  That is not happening just with guns. We have a Habitat charity store locally that is selling used furniture and appliances at almost the same price as something new out of a department store. And even with food, I am seeing some deli products like frozen pizza or chicken wings or pre made subs go for as much as a fast food chain.

I think the rise in everything is not because wages are going up, the rise in prices are because of greed. Even with that Habitat store, it went from a smaller place before where the prices were not outrageous to the new place. It seems to me the people that run that place are more interested in paying for image and looking good than actual charity.

And even with corporate charities, those are not designed to help more people, they are designed as a tax write off. It isn't a conspiracy in as much as it is a bad climate that leads to bad policy. But guns being pumped out like candy is a different story, I am only addressing the price issue.

The general tilt of the cost of goods has steepened quite a bit, in the last few years, I agree. I went by a Habitat store not local to me and they were pricing things like paint thinner above retail from the big box stores. I can understand profit, but damn.
06-11-2016, 04:57 AM
And once again Brian -- you've missed the point -- voting ( D ) will raise gun prices AND gun sales.

If more guns equals more gun crime - it's logical that voting ( D ) means you're in favor of gun crime.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
06-11-2016, 05:10 AM
(06-11-2016 04:57 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And once again Brian -- you've missed the point -- voting ( D ) will raise gun prices AND gun sales.

If more guns equals more gun crime - it's logical that voting ( D ) means you're in favor of gun crime.

It's an unintended consequence.

Plus, by that logic, the very people who are buying the guns for protection are also in effect 'pro gun-crime'. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
06-11-2016, 06:07 AM
(06-11-2016 05:10 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(06-11-2016 04:57 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And once again Brian -- you've missed the point -- voting ( D ) will raise gun prices AND gun sales.

It's an unintended consequence.

Plus, by that logic, the very people who are buying the guns for protection are also in effect 'pro gun-crime'. Tongue

That's always the implication by the anti-gun crowd.

It's just fun to turn it around - with such unimpeachable facts....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
06-11-2016, 06:24 AM
(05-11-2016 05:36 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  But guns being pumped out like candy ...

You have yet to provide any justification of this silly statement. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
06-11-2016, 07:16 AM
F.U.D. sells guns.
06-11-2016, 09:54 AM
(06-11-2016 06:24 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-11-2016 05:36 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  But guns being pumped out like candy ...

You have yet to provide any justification of this silly statement. Drinking Beverage

I've asked him multiple time to share his wisdom with us -- as to how he wants to restrict the number of guns being manufactured/sold --- without infringing anyone's rights......

I suspect we're going to be waiting a very, very long time.....

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
06-11-2016, 09:56 AM
(06-11-2016 07:16 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  F.U.D. sells guns.

but don't tell anyone ---

[Image: 15594f063c78b4450fcd4ad1ce2bfbcb.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post