Elections: who to vote for?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2014, 08:30 AM
RE: Elections: who to vote for?
(05-05-2014 11:15 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Communism, has not been done right (if that's possible) , all instances of it have been in a dictatorship environment.

Is Star trek federation communist or Utopian ? a mix maybe

Communism doesn't work because it relies on a naive view of human nature - we're self-interested by nature and greedy, people will do the least possible to get the most they can. If everyone gets the same resources regardless of effort, everyone will give very little effort. That means goods will be difficult to produce and the economy will be stifled. Do you think anyone would go to college, spend tens of thousands of dollars on education, and work 70 hours a week doing a job if their life outside of that job isn't at all aided by that investment and effort? Not a chance.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Azaraith's post
06-05-2014, 09:00 AM
(05-05-2014 11:15 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Communism, has not been done right (if that's possible) , all instances of it have been in a dictatorship environment.

All so called "communist" countries, technically weren't communist...

What Marx called communism was the utopian end point, a classless, moneyless, leaderless society... No "communist" country has ever technically progressed passed the transitional phase.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-05-2014, 10:59 AM
(06-05-2014 09:00 AM)Sam Wrote:  

All so called "communist" countries, technically weren't communist...

What Marx called communism was the utopian end point, a classless, moneyless, leaderless society... No "communist" country has ever technically progressed passed the transitional phase.

While it doesn't appear to be a workable system, it would be interesting to see it played out as per the pro-communism people envision it.
probably some computer game simulator you can test drive it.

I'm pro sci-fi, and only capitalism has the mechanism to drive technology advancements quickly, well war is the best tech motivator, but I'm not going to admit that i want that. Evil_monster

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
Find all posts by this user