Electric bike anyone?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Electric bike anyone?
Folks,

Does anyone have some experience with electric bikes? I had a long ride on one today, resulting in mixed feelings about the product. The advantages and disadvantages seemed to cancel out somehow, but maybe that is just me.

Knowledgeable opinions?

D.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2017, 02:10 PM
RE: Electric bike anyone?
Is this like a moped or is it an actual bicycle with a little motor on it? I've been on a moped and we had a neighbor that had an electric bicycle. I do remember it being kinda a loud buzzy sound. He used it to go to the store and do errands.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
13-08-2017, 04:47 PM
You're not likely to pick up young thrill seeking women on one - so its depending on how that fits into your priorities....

Cool

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-08-2017, 02:39 PM
(13-08-2017 04:47 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You're not likely to pick up young thrill seeking women on one - so its depending on how that fits into your priorities....

Cool

OB,

Haha! I couldn't pick up a TSW on my R1 either, but she might follow me home. Smile

D.
14-08-2017, 02:41 PM
(13-08-2017 02:10 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Is this like a moped or is it an actual bicycle with a little motor on it? I've been on a moped and we had a neighbor that had an electric bicycle. I do remember it being kinda a loud buzzy sound. He used it to go to the store and do errands.

dft,

Its this:

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/el...ntain-bike

D.
15-08-2017, 06:35 AM
(14-08-2017 02:39 PM)Dworkin Wrote:  
(13-08-2017 04:47 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You're not likely to pick up young thrill seeking women on one - so its depending on how that fits into your priorities....

Cool

OB,

Haha! I couldn't pick up a TSW on my R1 either, but she might follow me home. Smile

D.
Where there's a will there's a way.. I once carried a keg of beer on a BSA Royal Star... And once I rode two women at the same time on an 850 Norton....

Smile

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
15-08-2017, 07:03 AM
(13-08-2017 01:17 PM)Dworkin Wrote:  Folks,

Does anyone have some experience with electric bikes? I had a long ride on one today, resulting in mixed feelings about the product. The advantages and disadvantages seemed to cancel out somehow, but maybe that is just me.

Knowledgeable opinions?

D.

Use the electric functions only to climb steep hills or if you're in a real hurry.

The advantage is always that you can choose to ride it like a normal bike when you have energy to spend, and slap on the battery when you're getting tired.

The disadvantage is first the steep price, which makes it a big kick in the balls if some thug steals your battery (meaning you need to take it with you), or nicks the whole bike. I've also had problems getting one with tires that aren't paper thin. Most of the electric bikes are designated city bikes, so if you wanna take it for a ride outside of the city, a hole in the road or some stray object can ruin your tires and your day.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
15-08-2017, 10:25 AM
(15-08-2017 06:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And once I rode two women at the same time on an 850 Norton....

Uh... I think this statement may require a little... uh... clarification mate. Big Grin

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
16-08-2017, 02:16 AM
(15-08-2017 07:03 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Use the electric functions only to climb steep hills or if you're in a real hurry.

The advantage is always that you can choose to ride it like a normal bike when you have energy to spend, and slap on the battery when you're getting tired.

The disadvantage is first the steep price, which makes it a big kick in the balls if some thug steals your battery (meaning you need to take it with you), or nicks the whole bike. I've also had problems getting one with tires that aren't paper thin. Most of the electric bikes are designated city bikes, so if you wanna take it for a ride outside of the city, a hole in the road or some stray object can ruin your tires and your day.

ELK,

Horses for courses?

Took my little light alloy MB out yesterday and it was just faster. Didn't have that dead weight every time the EB 15mph limiter kicked in. Also connection with the road was better, using any gradients and flats for speed and the full range of gears.

Guess regular MBs and EBs are different animals, for different purposes.

Saved me £1000. Smile

D.
16-08-2017, 03:37 AM
(13-08-2017 01:17 PM)Dworkin Wrote:  Folks,

T.M.I!

What you do in your private life is no concern of mine. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.