Elexis please read.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2016, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 05:45 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Elexis please read.
(12-08-2016 05:03 PM)Elexis Wrote:  Hi Banjo,
No worries. I got upset at the tone of your post (I'm a bit emotionally fragile at the moment) but on reflection the general message was sound. I think I see what you're saying - just cos I'm ill doesn't mean I have to throw my brain in the garbage in search of comfort, right?

Hi Elexis. Yes indeed. You must realise you have worth. Run to you.

(12-08-2016 05:03 PM)Elexis Wrote:  I'll stick around I think, though I may not be very active (generally don't go online much) it would be nice to have an online community to turn to. Do you guys mind somebody hanging around who isn't an atheist & has no desire to become one any time soon? I'd like to drop the new-age crap but don't think my core theistic beliefs are going anywhere, would still be nice to have a little place of scepticism to go to if I ever start going down the woo road again...

I advise you to stick around and be active. The members here are amazing. Also, read my signature. It is there for a very important reason.

(12-08-2016 05:03 PM)Elexis Wrote:  (Incidentally I found this place cos I got really hooked on the Thinking Atheist podcast. Listening to that alongside the psychic podcast created enough cognitive dissonance to make me wanna sort this stuff out! It's a really well-made show.)

I'm gonna tell you a little story.

I was about 11 or 12 and I had moved states from Victoria in south Australia to NSW because I had a better job offer. I hitchhiked all the way. I slept by knocking on doors and asking to borrow a sleeping bag and crash on their porch. Nobody refused.

I turned up at the town, got the job and went to a boarding house. I rang the bell and this old man answered.

"Got a room?"

"You want a room?"

"Where are your parents?"

"Dead. You have a vacancy sign and I have money and a job. I will pay two months in advance."

"Okay mate. Come in."

I lived there for about 6 months before the job was over.

Luckily he never called the cops. Later I got to know the local cop and he was a decent guy and saw I was fully independant.

I never took one day off.

This is where I am coming from. This began at age 8. I have told a few stories on this site but they don't even come close.

Now today I want you to do this.

Go back to the mirror, look into it and say: "Fuck them! Fuck Banjo! I don't need their shit! I am ME!"

With best intentions. Dale

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2016, 05:39 PM
RE: Elexis please read.
Hi, I can't see anything, don't know if there's something wrong with my connection...?
12-08-2016, 05:40 PM
(12-08-2016 05:39 PM)Elexis Wrote:  Hi, I can't see anything, don't know if there's something wrong with my connection...?

No, there are mismatched [quote] tags and that messes up the display. If you reply to the message you should be able to read it.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
12-08-2016, 05:41 PM
It's best, IMHO, to read his signature...be patient, please.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-08-2016, 05:43 PM
I've been wondering if he would be into sharing some of that famous drug he is taking.
12-08-2016, 05:44 PM
(12-08-2016 05:43 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  I've been wondering if he would be into sharing some of that famous drug he is taking.

I doubt you would want it. Undecided

It's giving Banjo quite a beating.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
12-08-2016, 05:50 PM
Fixed it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-08-2016, 05:52 PM
(12-08-2016 05:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fixed it.

You are a genius! I was looking for the culprit and couldn't find the darn thing.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
12-08-2016, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2016 05:57 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Hi Dale,
Thanks for sharing your story, you've given me some things to think about (also, I've now read your signature and will keep that in mind in the future - silly me didn't notice it the first time round).

Quote:Go back to the mirror, look into it and say: "Fuck them! Fuck Banjo! I don't need their shit! I am ME!"

Yes! there's a little bit of my brain that occasionally when I was listening to psychic podcast or similar rot would pipe up 'oh fuck this! we're smarter than this!' - I think I need to listen to that bit more often eh?

On reflection I think you were right that I need a shock to the system - I kinda feel like I've been hypnotised for years and need to snap out of it. I think a good next step would be throwing out all the psychic books and magazines I've accumulated.

Hope you are doing well at the moment
best wishes,

Alexis

(12-08-2016 05:23 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(12-08-2016 05:03 PM)Elexis Wrote:  Hi Banjo,
No worries. I got upset at the tone of your post (I'm a bit emotionally fragile at the moment) but on reflection the general message was sound. I think I see what you're saying - just cos I'm ill doesn't mean I have to throw my brain in the garbage in search of comfort, right?

Hi Elexis. Yes indeed. You must realise you have worth. Run to you.

(12-08-2016 05:03 PM)Elexis Wrote:  I'll stick around I think, though I may not be very active (generally don't go online much) it would be nice to have an online community to turn to. Do you guys mind somebody hanging around who isn't an atheist & has no desire to become one any time soon? I'd like to drop the new-age crap but don't think my core theistic beliefs are going anywhere, would still be nice to have a little place of scepticism to go to if I ever start going down the woo road again...

I advise you to stick around and be active. The members here are amazing. Also, read my signature. It is there for a very important reason.

(12-08-2016 05:03 PM)Elexis Wrote:  (Incidentally I found this place cos I got really hooked on the Thinking Atheist podcast. Listening to that alongside the psychic podcast created enough cognitive dissonance to make me wanna sort this stuff out! It's a really well-made show.)

I'm gonna tell you a little story.

I was about 11 or 12 and I had moved states from Victoria in south Australia to NSW because I had a better job offer. I hitchhiked all the way. I slept by knocking on doors and asking to borrow a sleeping bag and crash on their porch. Nobody refused.

I turned up at the town, got the job and went to a boarding house. I rang the bell and this old man answered.

"Got a room?"

"You want a room?"

"Where are your parents?"

"Dead. You have a vacancy sign and I have money and a job. I will pay two months in advance."

"Okay mate. Come in."

I lived there for about 6 months before the job was over.

Luckily he never called the cops. Later I got to know the local cop and he was a decent guy and saw I was fully independant.

I never took one day off.

This is where I am coming from. This began at age 8. I have told a few stories on this site but they don't even come close.

Now today I want you to do this.

Go back to the mirror, look into it and say: "Fuck them! Fuck Banjo! I don't need their shit! I am ME!"

With best intentions. Dale
12-08-2016, 05:57 PM
Fixed this one too

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces