Elijah and the Apologist of Baal

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2015, 06:34 AM
What if the story of Elijah had Baal apologists giving the same arguments as Christian apologists? Freakin' hilarious!

I Kings 18:17-40
And Ahab went to meet Elijah. And it came to pass, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said unto him, “Art thou he that troubleth Israel?”

And he answered, “I have not troubled Israel; but thou, and thy father's house, in that ye have forsaken the commandments of Jehovah, and thou hast followed Baalim. Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel's table.” So Ahab sent unto all the children of Israel, and gathered the prophets together unto mount Carmel. For even though this was a ridiculous request, Elijah was some kind of svengali.

Rest of article here:

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2015, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 13-01-2015 09:12 PM by AlephBet.)
RE: Elijah and the Apologist of Baal
(09-01-2015 06:34 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  What if the story of Elijah had Baal apologists giving the same arguments as Christian apologists? Freakin' hilarious!

And Ahab went to meet Elijah. And it came to pass, when Ahab saw Elijah, that Ahab said unto him, “Art thou he that troubleth Israel?”

And he answered, “I have not troubled Israel; but thou, and thy father's house, in that ye have forsaken the commandments of Jehovah, and thou hast followed Baalim. Now therefore send, and gather to me all Israel unto mount Carmel, and the prophets of Baal four hundred and fifty, and the prophets of the groves four hundred, which eat at Jezebel's table.” So Ahab sent unto all the children of Israel, and gathered the prophets together unto mount Carmel. For even though this was a ridiculous request, Elijah was some kind of svengali.

Rest of article here:

You won't understand 1 Kings 18 unless you understand 1 Kings 17.

Elijah told Ahab that there would be neither dew or rain in the land at his command. When this happened, Elijah then met the widow woman at Zarephath (Refinery). You see, she had lost her husband. The widow woman is the personification of Eve being refined in the wilderness, which is what we ALL are. We are the bride below. Above, we each have a groom.

Matthew 18

10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.

We are the Child below (Eve / weak nature being refined in the refinery) and the Husband / Groom is above. We await the arrival of our other half. Here is where the story gets really interesting. You see, the story is a look ahead into the future. When the widow has lost her husband, her Son then dies from the drought and is resurrected. Who is the Son? You and I are Adam, just as much as Jesus. By shutting off the Dew, he shuts off the water (baptism). Dew is distilled by the sun and evaporated back when the sun rises. Symbolically, this is what Elijah was showing here.

Later in the chapter, Elijah takes the widow woman's son up to his chamber / room and restores his soul. He then brings him back down to the mother's bosom. This is a foreshadowing of what John the Baptist did in the first century as the Spirit of Elijah. When Elijah was reborn into the person of John the Baptist, he said this to the leaders of Israel.

Matthew 3

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

In chapter 18, we see a foreshadowing of this. Baptism is the life we live. We are IN the water now. We are here to bear fruit, thereby putting out the fire with water. The beast is going to be burned. The beast is our ego. To overcome the ego, we silence Satan (Conscience). Adam's mind is Yahweh (adversary / Ego) and Satan (accuser). Baptism restores the body back into the water, or rebirth (born again literally). Christians confuse this with Spiritual rebirth. You can't exit the water until you overcome the fire.

Just as Elijah showed with those who worshiped the Spirit of the world, John showed the fulfillment. Overcoming the Ego is outlined in the Bhagavad Gita and Upanishads, where you then find out what the Lord is. It is the mind of every man. Consciousness and the adversary and accuser. Apart from both, our mind would not rise to see the Spirit in all beings. We are all one Spirit.

Forgiveness comes by putting out the fire with water. For the Baal worshipers, the water was put over the wood with buckets of fluid. The fire still burned. Note the five baptism in scripture.

Earth (Carbon is the mark of man / beast - 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons)

Air (Nitrogen 777 and Oxygen 888). 777 is the number for completion. 888 is the number for Christ)

Water (Baptism / Flood of Noah with beasts in pairs)

Fire (trials / refinement / suffering)

Spirit (conviction / justification / cleansing / Dew rising)

Isaiah 26

19 But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.

20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.
21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

Water puts out fire for the one who recognizes the self and overcomes the ego. It is a universal truth.

If you judge, you judge yourself. This is the point. Love, not Yahweh. Jesus overcame Yahweh and Satan in his own self. By this, so can we. Living water satisfies all need. Find it and live in the Spirit and not in the flesh. Fire burns the chaff and you must return. Overcome this by overcoming yourself. Know thyself. This is the Mysteries and initiation into truth.
13-01-2015, 09:22 PM
(09-01-2015 06:34 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  What if the story of Elijah had Baal apologists giving the same arguments as Christian apologists? Freakin' hilarious!

Rest of article here:

You can be pretty sure that any story about the "prophets of Baal" are really about priestly rivalries between the priests of the Southern Kingdom (Yahwists), and the priests of the Northern Kingdom, ((they substituted the Bull-el (Baal) god for the golden sphinxes (which were symbolic of Yahweh's presence on top of the arc) when the Northern Kingdom seceded and Jeroboam refused to stop the policy of "forced labor" ("missim"), instituted by his predecessor, (Solomon).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
13-01-2015, 09:58 PM
(13-01-2015 09:07 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  

Rest of article here:

You won't understand 1 Kings 18 unless you understand 1 Kings 17.

Elijah told Ahab that there would be neither dew or rain in the land at his command. When this happened, Elijah then met the widow woman at Zarephath (Refinery). You see, she had lost her husband. The widow woman is the personification of Eve being refined in the wilderness, which is what we ALL are. We are the bride below. Above, we each have a groom.

Matthew 18

10 “See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.

We are the Child below (Eve / weak nature being refined in the refinery) and the Husband / Groom is above. We await the arrival of our other half. Here is where the story gets really interesting. You see, the story is a look ahead into the future. When the widow has lost her husband, her Son then dies from the drought and is resurrected. Who is the Son? You and I are Adam, just as much as Jesus. By shutting off the Dew, he shuts off the water (baptism). Dew is distilled by the sun and evaporated back when the sun rises. Symbolically, this is what Elijah was showing here.

Later in the chapter, Elijah takes the widow woman's son up to his chamber / room and restores his soul. He then brings him back down to the mother's bosom. This is a foreshadowing of what John the Baptist did in the first century as the Spirit of Elijah. When Elijah was reborn into the person of John the Baptist, he said this to the leaders of Israel.

Matthew 3

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to where he was baptizing, he said to them: “You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the coming wrath? 8 Produce fruit in keeping with repentance. 9 And do not think you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ I tell you that out of these stones God can raise up children for Abraham. 10 The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.

11 “I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fork is in his hand, and he will clear his threshing floor, gathering his wheat into the barn and burning up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

In chapter 18, we see a foreshadowing of this. Baptism is the life we live. We are IN the water now. We are here to bear fruit, thereby putting out the fire with water. The beast is going to be burned. The beast is our ego. To overcome the ego, we silence Satan (Conscience). Adam's mind is Yahweh (adversary / Ego) and Satan (accuser). Baptism restores the body back into the water, or rebirth (born again literally). Christians confuse this with Spiritual rebirth. You can't exit the water until you overcome the fire.

Just as Elijah showed with those who worshiped the Spirit of the world, John showed the fulfillment. Overcoming the Ego is outlined in the Bhagavad Gita and Upanishads, where you then find out what the Lord is. It is the mind of every man. Consciousness and the adversary and accuser. Apart from both, our mind would not rise to see the Spirit in all beings. We are all one Spirit.

Forgiveness comes by putting out the fire with water. For the Baal worshipers, the water was put over the wood with buckets of fluid. The fire still burned. Note the five baptism in scripture.

Earth (Carbon is the mark of man / beast - 6 protons, 6 electrons and 6 neutrons)

Air (Nitrogen 777 and Oxygen 888). 777 is the number for completion. 888 is the number for Christ)

Isaiah 26

their bodies will rise—

Water puts out fire for the one who recognizes the self and overcomes the ego. It is a universal truth.

If you judge, you judge yourself. This is the point. Love, not Yahweh. Jesus overcame Yahweh and Satan in his own self. By this, so can we. Living water satisfies all need. Find it and live in the Spirit and not in the flesh. Fire burns the chaff and you must return. Overcome this by overcoming yourself. Know thyself. This is the Mysteries and initiation into truth.

You weren't even aware that the article was satire. Facepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
14-01-2015, 08:03 PM
(13-01-2015 09:58 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(13-01-2015 09:07 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  You won't understand 1 Kings 18 unless you understand 1 Kings 17.

Matthew 18

Matthew 3

Isaiah 26

their bodies will rise—

You weren't even aware that the article was satire. Facepalm

I realized the article was as stated, yet I gave an answer according to the truth of the scripture. Are you accusing? Did you read the other reply, thoughtful and to the point?
14-01-2015, 08:06 PM
(13-01-2015 09:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  

Rest of article here:

You can be pretty sure that any story about the "prophets of Baal" are really about priestly rivalries between the priests of the Southern Kingdom (Yahwists), and the priests of the Northern Kingdom, ((they substituted the Bull-el (Baal) god for the golden sphinxes (which were symbolic of Yahweh's presence on top of the arc) when the Northern Kingdom seceded and Jeroboam refused to stop the policy of "forced labor" ("missim"), instituted by his predecessor, (Solomon).

Thank you for the answer. I'll look into it. Of course, you see Elijah as the follower of Yahweh? Have you read my other thread? My view of Yahweh is that of Adam's Ego. Satan is the accuser. Elohim from Genesis 1 is the Father that Jesus speaks of. By this view, the followers of Yahweh were following the Ego of the Son of God (Adam). Those who were following Elohim were the followers of the Aleph (Father).

How would you see this in light of seeing Yahweh as a Son's mind in rebellion against his Father (EL)?
14-01-2015, 09:15 PM
(14-01-2015 08:06 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  
(13-01-2015 09:22 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  You can be pretty sure that any story about the "prophets of Baal" are really about priestly rivalries between the priests of the Southern Kingdom (Yahwists), and the priests of the Northern Kingdom, ((they substituted the Bull-el (Baal) god for the golden sphinxes (which were symbolic of Yahweh's presence on top of the arc) when the Northern Kingdom seceded and Jeroboam refused to stop the policy of "forced labor" ("missim"), instituted by his predecessor, (Solomon).

Thank you for the answer. I'll look into it. Of course, you see Elijah as the follower of Yahweh? Have you read my other thread? My view of Yahweh is that of Adam's Ego. Satan is the accuser. Elohim from Genesis 1 is the Father that Jesus speaks of. By this view, the followers of Yahweh were following the Ego of the Son of God (Adam). Those who were following Elohim were the followers of the Aleph (Father).

How would you see this in light of seeing Yahweh as a Son's mind in rebellion against his Father (EL)?

It doesn't matter what you think. Historians and scholars know what Yahweh meant to the ancient Hebrews. Your insanity has no bearing on the topic.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
14-01-2015, 10:17 PM
(14-01-2015 09:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(14-01-2015 08:06 PM)AlephBet Wrote:  Thank you for the answer. I'll look into it. Of course, you see Elijah as the follower of Yahweh? Have you read my other thread? My view of Yahweh is that of Adam's Ego. Satan is the accuser. Elohim from Genesis 1 is the Father that Jesus speaks of. By this view, the followers of Yahweh were following the Ego of the Son of God (Adam). Those who were following Elohim were the followers of the Aleph (Father).

It doesn't matter what you think. Historians and scholars know what Yahweh meant to the ancient Hebrews. Your insanity has no bearing on the topic.

I though Atheists condemned the ego of Yahweh. I simply tried to show you why the chapter contains the fire that it does. This is the adversary and accuser at work. Christ overcame this mind.
14-01-2015, 11:56 PM
Good old Christianity at it's humourless best. Go piss in another thread troll Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.