Eliminating the Parrish Exemption?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-02-2012, 01:11 PM

Eliminating the Parrish Exemption?
On a different thread i mentioned the old Farting Preacher...ole Robert Tilton. Going to wikipedia i saw this sentence that astounded me.

The Trinity Foundation still monitors Tilton's television ministry as part of Trinity's ongoing televangelist watchdog efforts. In a 2003 interview published in Tulsa World, Ole Anthony estimated that with none of the Word of Faith Family Church overhead and with television production costs at a fraction of the original Success-N-Life program, Tilton's current organization was likely grossing more than US$24M per year tax-free.[19]

Enough is enough! How do we AMERICANS put a stop to this? Forget atheism for a second, this is stealing from the poor and making THEM rich! Think how much of the federal budget would be balanced if EVERY church and EVERY preacher paid their fair share.

HOW do we bring this, as a nation, to the forefront and push to have this tax break eliminated?

D
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2012, 05:46 PM
RE: Eliminating the Parrish Exemption?
Why not change the tax codes so that tax exemptions are offered on the basis of charity work done by an organization, not whether it's religious?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2012, 05:52 PM
RE: Eliminating the Parrish Exemption?
(07-02-2012 05:46 PM)Ben Wrote:  Why not change the tax codes so that tax exemptions are offered on the basis of charity work done by an organization, not whether it's religious?

Well, that more or less already exists.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply