Ello.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2016, 05:34 AM
Ello.
Cool

Ello. I'm not the first "Athiest Hindu" or such. The title mainly means I that I respect the rich culture I grew up in. But, due to fanatic things like blindly following redundant myths implemented in real life and the idea that caste is still used in India in education systems. Following an ancient culture does not excuse bigotry, treating your fellow humans as 'untouchable', barring women devotees from entering temples despite the products available, etc. The last one has no excuse because a claimed "higher power" would not get issues from menstruating people if such existed. Energy is abundant. It will never run out until the Earth is gone. Not to mention, I never really grew up orthodox and the idea of being a fanatic in any damaging form from Religion to Shows/movies is something I'd rather not participate in altogether.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2016, 08:36 AM
RE: Ello.
Welcome, heathen!
18-08-2016, 08:49 AM
Hello! Big Grin
19-08-2016, 04:32 AM
Did you say hello?

Noooo, I said "ello", but that's close enough.

Welcome to TTA. We're a little strange here, but in a good way. Smile

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
19-08-2016, 11:09 AM
Welcome, friend.
19-08-2016, 11:17 AM
Years ago my daughter was in kindergarten and the PTA had a program where the kids were presented. There were 5 kids only in her group, so they gave each child a letter and they were supposed to go up front and spell out Hello. H ran up and took his place , and E did too, then both l's one of them being my daughter. But the O was hesitant and wouldn't go forward. One teacher and then another bent to speak to her and finally she ran up and stood before the H so it said O HELL Instead of Hello! Every once in a while in the intervening years when someone has said Hello I have countered with O hell!
19-08-2016, 11:26 AM
(19-08-2016 11:17 AM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  Years ago my daughter was in kindergarten and the PTA had a program where the kids were presented. There were 5 kids only in her group, so they gave each child a letter and they were supposed to go up front and spell out Hello. H ran up and took his place , and E did too, then both l's one of them being my daughter. But the O was hesitant and wouldn't go forward. One teacher and then another bent to speak to her and finally she ran up and stood before the H so it said O HELL Instead of Hello! Every once in a while in the intervening years when someone has said Hello I have countered with O hell!

Only the first 45 seconds apply...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
19-08-2016, 11:41 AM
Namaste. Welcome to the forum.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin