Embryonic twin inside brain

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2015, 07:33 PM
Embryonic twin inside brain
Yeah, I know this should be in the science section but there is a religious question one could ask.

First the news story. So a woman went in for what was thought to be a brain tumor and the surgeon found her twin embryo which had absorbed into her brain as a fetus. Hey, it happens!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/22...14898.html

Besides being incredibly interesting, according to religious nuts.... is this an abortion?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
22-04-2015, 07:41 PM
RE: Embryonic twin inside brain
Sure brings new meaning to "there's someone in my head but it's not me."

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-04-2015, 08:12 PM
(22-04-2015 07:33 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Yeah, I know this should be in the science section but there is a religious question one could ask.

First the news story. So a woman went in for what was thought to be a brain tumor and the surgeon found her twin embryo which had absorbed into her brain as a fetus. Hey, it happens!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/22...14898.html

Besides being incredibly interesting, according to religious nuts.... is this an abortion?

I'm sure there's some nut (or group of nuts) that will have some insane objection to it.
Maybe even going so far as to get a court injunction to interfere with it.
22-04-2015, 08:52 PM
Hold up. Not to derail your thread, but there was an article linked in that post that you all might find interesting, or disgusting, or both:
"Plumber Gives Birth to Twin In Scene Reminiscent of 'Alien'"
The guys parasitic twin just pushed its way out of his abdomen, and he now keeps it in jar. Hobo

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
22-04-2015, 09:33 PM
(22-04-2015 08:52 PM)Russ Wrote:  Hold up. Not to derail your thread, but there was an article linked in that post that you all might find interesting, or disgusting, or both:
"Plumber Gives Birth to Twin In Scene Reminiscent of 'Alien'"
The guys parasitic twin just pushed its way out of his abdomen, and he now keeps it in jar. Hobo

Yes! I saw that. It was a link attached to the embryo-in-the-head article. Why do I find this so fascinating? It's just amazing.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
22-04-2015, 10:10 PM
Re: Embryonic twin inside brain
A guy I went to high school with had a cyst on his back. It started growing and itching so the doc did a biopsy- they found hair.

Doctors removed it surgically. Inside was hair, cartilage, and a few fully formed teeth.

They said it was an absorbed twin.
22-04-2015, 10:32 PM
(22-04-2015 10:10 PM)mecanna Wrote:  A guy I went to high school with had a cyst on his back. It started growing and itching so the doc did a biopsy- they found hair.

Doctors removed it surgically. Inside was hair, cartilage, and a few fully formed teeth.

They said it was an absorbed twin.

Intelligent design Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
22-04-2015, 10:35 PM
Reminds me of this dude.

[Image: kuato-in-total-recall_zpshqwznd50.jpg]
22-04-2015, 10:38 PM
Sounds like something from the show House.
23-04-2015, 03:16 AM
Yep, I knew a girl who had severe cramping whenever she sat down. So they did an ultrasound scan and saw what looked like a tumour by her ovaries but when they removed it, it was a ball of hair and teeth from her absorbed twin.

"The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species." - Christopher Hitchens

"Remember kids, if you don't sin, then Jesus died for nothing. Have a great day!" - Ricky Gervais