Emergency Room

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-01-2015, 11:01 PM
RE: Emergency Room
TOOTHPASTE???!!!!!! YIKES!!!

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-01-2015, 02:20 AM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2015 05:16 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(25-11-2014 12:31 PM)Chas Wrote:  TMI. Shocking

Good that it is treatable. Claim the pain is 7 or 8 with spike to 9 and get Percocet. Yes
Or go with 5 - 6 spike to 8 and get Vicodin. Big Grin

(25-11-2014 11:27 AM)Nurse Wrote:  I need to work on this words of encouragement thing. Consider Feel better and don't be afraid to go back if your condition worsens, at least you'll get good drugs at the hospital.
Pro tip: say 9/10 pain and get dilaudid

(25-11-2014 05:44 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Dilaudid is nectar of the gods. Too bad I only get it when I have kidney stones. Tongue

(20-01-2015 10:29 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  For what it's worth, I've done my time in the ER. Scream, "WHAT THE FUCK ARE NUMBERS?? OH MY GOD THIS HURTS SO BAD I CANT REMEBER WHAT NUMBERS ARE!!!!!"

They give you morphine.

Fucking hell guys, it's a hospital, not a crack house. Stop giving him tips to get ultra-plastered with FDA approved narcotics. Tongue

Also, I have gone through kidney stones. Whatever it was they gave me was amazing, and I could feel it tingling as soon as it entered my vein from the IV. But fuck did that scare me, to feel something that powerful coursing through me. But it was enough to get my pain down from 11 to a much more reasonable 4, so that I could at least to sleep some time around 4 in the morning after having been up all night. Would not wish that pain on anybody. Multiple nurses told me, some even from personal experience, that the pain exceeds childbirth.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
21-01-2015, 05:15 AM
(20-01-2015 10:51 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Ask them if they have the "dunk you in a tank of water, and blow it up with ultrasound" option, (lithotripsy). (It may be too big for that, but ask).

Screw that; ask for the laser!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
03-02-2015, 04:52 AM
Went to the ER on Friday. They put me in bed 13.

I'm scheduled for surgery on Friday 13 February.

Are they testing to see if I'm superstitious?

They are going for the ultrasound option. No one said anything about a tank of water.

This is the same issue that I wrote about in the OP. Three months to get this taken care of is ridiculous.

Sapere aude
[+] 2 users Like f stop's post
03-02-2015, 05:37 AM
(03-02-2015 04:52 AM)f stop Wrote:  Went to the ER on Friday. They put me in bed 13.

I'm scheduled for surgery on Friday 13 February.

Are they testing to see if I'm superstitious?

They are going for the ultrasound option. No one said anything about a tank of water.

This is the same issue that I wrote about in the OP. Three months to get this taken care of is ridiculous.

You still not surgerized??? Eish. Sorry man.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
03-02-2015, 06:34 AM
Good luck, dude.

Don't forget to rub a black cat under a ladder before they start on you.

Wink

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
03-02-2015, 03:20 PM
(03-02-2015 05:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 04:52 AM)f stop Wrote:  This is the same issue that I wrote about in the OP. Three months to get this taken care of is ridiculous.

You still not surgerized??? Eish. Sorry man.
They did exploratory surgery on 26 January.

Sapere aude
03-02-2015, 11:44 PM
(03-02-2015 03:20 PM)f stop Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 05:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  You still not surgerized??? Eish. Sorry man.
They did exploratory surgery on 26 January.

Did they discover the North Pole?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
03-02-2015, 11:57 PM
(03-02-2015 11:44 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-02-2015 03:20 PM)f stop Wrote:  They did exploratory surgery on 26 January.

Did they discover the North Pole?

Ok. That made me giggle.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
04-02-2015, 02:08 PM
(03-02-2015 05:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  You still not surgerized??? Eish. Sorry man.

This morning I discovered that the Friday 13th date was chosen because it's convenient for the surgeon.

Tomorrow I have an 8:00 a.m. appointment with my family doctor to try to talk him into some stronger pain killers. Or at least renew my prescription for Percocet.

Sapere aude