Emir's story

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2012, 07:31 AM
RE: Emir's story
Update on Emir.
After he has been very sleepless and restless for a week and finally got some sleep he found a clear head again.
He told me that soon he will try to claim political asylum in another country.
I am not going into detail where and when, simply to keep him as anonymous as possible.
He will just fly there and immediately go to the authority in charge.
So for the time being he is trying to lay low.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-09-2012, 08:32 AM
(29-09-2012 07:31 AM)Leela Wrote:  Update on Emir.
After he has been very sleepless and restless for a week and finally got some sleep he found a clear head again.
He told me that soon he will try to claim political asylum in another country.
I am not going into detail where and when, simply to keep him as anonymous as possible.
He will just fly there and immediately go to the authority in charge.
So for the time being he is trying to lay low.

Salam.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
29-09-2012, 09:04 AM
Malaysia? How should I put it... Malaysia is like an angsty teenager in a phase. The country is still an Islamic country, with Syariah laws applied to Muslims. It's easy to become a Muslim, but if you want to do the reverse, it's a lot harder. But hey, let's give credit where credit's due. Malaysia is one of the more developed Islamic countries out there, and the multi-racial tolerance there is not bad. I would suggest Singapore for your friend to seek asylum for convenience sake, although it's still kind of conservative in Singapore (more Christian based but still accepting). Otherwise, Western countries. Just watch out for the ISA (Internal Security Act) in Malaysia. It's like the one in Singapore, where they detain you without trial.

The Malaysian government is kind of screwy. Maybe a few pictures might provide some information regarding recent events in Malaysia.

Below is a photograph on the "Bersih" rally (bersih means clean in Malay). It's a friendly protest against corruption in the government. What's interesting is that some time later anti-Bersih messages began showing up after television programmes.
[Image: foto-bersih-3.0-590x392.jpg]

Now, something more ridiculous. "How to identify homosexuals" by the Ministry of Education
[Image: tumblr_mabtm8NuI21r1g6ij.jpg]

But I believe Malaysia one day will become a better place. It has so much potential, but the government doesn't seem to tap into that vast pool.

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
[+] 1 user Likes robotworld's post
30-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Poor Emir, I hope he gets out of there soon! Homophobia is just another way how Muslims stay behind in development. Not only they drive away scientists who don't believe in creation stories, textbooks say there are many inventors, writers, artists, poets and activists among gays too.

Got any details about these "corrective measures" they apply on gays and lesbians in Malaysia? It certainly sounds scary, I wonder how drastic it can get. Does it involve pseudoscience and torture? (cold showers, electric shocks, etc) Or just detainment and some kind of audio-visual mindfuck?

If you claim there are nuances to principles, there are no nuances to getting arrested or shot for disobeying the power.
The Venus Project
FreeDomain Radio - The greatest philosophy show on the web!
30-09-2012, 06:56 PM
FOR FUCK FUCKING SAKE I AM SICK OF THIS STUPID RETARDED BULLSHIT PILE OF GOBSHITE PIECE OF SHIT CALLED RELIGION!!!!!!

20+ years in jail for just being gay!?!? FOR FUCK SAKE HUMANITY! I don't give a bolix about morality, if I don't get where I want to be in my life, this is plan B:

NUKE every country in the Middle East, because of Islam. Murder every single creationist dumbass in the world, including their children and little baby's, kill the stupid pope and all his associates, steal all of the churches money and give it to charity, eliminate every Christian in the world, and eliminate all the Muslims in the remaining west.
[+] 1 user Likes Magoo's post
30-09-2012, 07:12 PM
Emir's story
I vote for Magoo for World Emperor.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
30-09-2012, 07:25 PM
(30-09-2012 07:12 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I vote for Magoo for World Emperor.

No, but he can be my Chancellor when I am Supreme Leader.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
30-09-2012, 07:25 PM
(30-09-2012 06:56 PM)Magoo Wrote:  FOR FUCK FUCKING SAKE I AM SICK OF THIS STUPID RETARDED BULLSHIT PILE OF GOBSHITE PIECE OF SHIT CALLED RELIGION!!!!!!

20+ years in jail for just being gay!?!? FOR FUCK SAKE HUMANITY! I don't give a bolix about morality, if I don't get where I want to be in my life, this is plan B:

NUKE every country in the Middle East, because of Islam. Murder every single creationist dumbass in the world, including their children and little baby's, kill the stupid pope and all his associates, steal all of the churches money and give it to charity, eliminate every Christian in the world, and eliminate all the Muslims in the remaining west.

Lol, Magoo?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
01-10-2012, 12:32 AM
(29-09-2012 09:04 AM)robotworld Wrote:  Now, something more ridiculous. "How to identify homosexuals" by the Ministry of Education
[Image: tumblr_mabtm8NuI21r1g6ij.jpg]

Well hey, that makes it easy to fool the authorities. Just wear a shirt with sleeves and a regular collar, dress entirely in black, and leave your handbag home. They'll never know you're gay.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 2 users Like cufflink's post
01-10-2012, 05:55 AM
Hey, not fair!! I wanted to kill every Muslim and hang every Creationist... You always accused me of being an asshole and a racist when I say something like that, now Magoo is the Emperor of the World?

[Image: tumblr_m9z23ix0Tv1rdnvozo1_500.jpg]

You make me sad.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson