Emir's story

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2012, 04:41 AM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2012 06:20 AM by Leela.)
RE: Emir's story
Ok I just heard the news.
EMIR IS ALIVE!
He emailed one of my friends (the one living in Asia).
Now we just have to figure out how to get him out of there

EDIT:Ok figured it out.
As paypal is weirdly messy I am going to collect donations for a plane ticket for Emir, on my personal bank account. We are gonna send it over to the friend in Asia because she offered to take him in.
So if anyone wanna help out, pm me and I give you my bank details. Every 1$ helps. So yeah, if you want to and can, let me know, send me a pm. (not scamming you guys, k?)

2nd EDIT: update: 3 people on facebook, and 1 from here already asked for details to donate. That was within the first 10 minutes of me posting stuff. So 6 people (me and the girl in Asia) are already in.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2012, 01:56 PM
(14-10-2012 04:41 AM)Leela Wrote:  As paypal is weirdly messy I am going to collect donations for a plane ticket for Emir, on my personal bank account.

This is a very bad idea, Leela. No There are those who with access to your personal bank account info could clean you out. (Not me, I swear.) Evil_monster Also I won't transfer from my bank account into your's 'cause then you'd have my bank account info. And I won't set up a PayPal account either, only way I donate online is with a credit card. But I can donate through PayPal using my credit card without having a PayPal account.

You need to find another way.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
14-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Sorry Girly, there is no other way, I have no paypal either and what other way is there? Like I know about Western Union but that is very expensive, or per mail but that is very insecure.
But you don't *have to* donate.

Just so that noone thinks my bank account is gonna be robbed.
Noone can access my bank account but me. People who have have my BIC and IBAN can not access my bank account at all, not even per phone.
The phone has a lot of security steps, so has the internet banking, and even in person you would need my face and my name and my debit card and my passport. There is no way that anyone steals any money from my bank account.

As I said, noone *has to* donate anything, that is why it is a donation. But I do kindly ask anyway because my friend needs to get outta there.

14-10-2012, 02:31 PM
(14-10-2012 02:15 PM)Leela Wrote:  Sorry Girly, there is no other way, I have no paypal either and what other way is there?

You could look to one of the online fund raising sites out there.

(14-10-2012 02:15 PM)Leela Wrote:  Just so that noone thinks my bank account is gonna be robbed. Noone can access my bank account but me. People who have have my BIC and IBAN can not access my bank account at all, not even per phone. The phone has a lot of security steps, so has the internet banking, and even in person you would need my face and my name and my debit card and my passport. There is no way that anyone steals any money from my bank account.

I think you might be underestimating the sophistication of identity thieves.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
14-10-2012, 04:12 PM
We checked about fund raising sites, but we decided to do it this way, it's the fastest way we came up with.

And still, as I said, you don't have to, but you may donate. Either directly to my bank account (which is not gonna get robbed) or, and that is what I just recently got, the paypal of the friend in Japan. But both only via pm.

15-10-2012, 05:48 AM
First things first, my grammar Nazi is getting restless... It's not NOONE, it's NO ONE. Smile

As for account, the best way is to open one new account, just for this use, make it public, collect money, secure it in a way that you and only you can withdraw the money and limit the use of the account so that no money can go from the account online or per phone. That means you are required to be personally present for you to make a withdraw. It can be more secure than this.

After you take the money, you may close that account and use what every you like to send the money to the final destination.

You just need to leave the option of receiving money opened.

OK, I'll play along this game, time for me to be a good person again. PM me with the info I need to donate something to this cause. This is going to be my first official donation. I think it's worth to walk to my bank and spend 10 minutes and 10$.

P.S.
Damn, you see what some confused emotions can do to a man. Shiiit. Falling in love is stupid. No, Leela, I'm not talking about you.

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
25-10-2012, 01:43 PM
Update on Emir:
I just had a short call with him. He already flew out of Malaysia. The destination was not Asia after all, but another country, where he has some non-muslim family. He is trying for political asylum and has a hearing very soon.
He was very happy that I called and he sounded very reliefed. He couldn't see a doctor yet because he has no health insurance there, yet and no money to pay the doctor.
I asked him for some bank details so I can send him his donations. It is not much (50€) and it was not on my account before he left but I still want him to get it, he will need it anyway. He said he isn't allowed to open a bank account, yet. Only after the hearing, if everything goes alright, he will be allowed to do that.
Over all this he asked me how my book is going and offered my help with some stuff on it. But for now, as lovely as it is, I think he should first look out for himself and see that he gets the asylum.

[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
07-12-2012, 06:17 AM
Ok, I have news about Emir and about the raising of donations for him.

1. He had his hearing already, but didn't hear back, yet.
2. He applied for financial help but didn't hear back either.
3. Right now he has to report back every week, and the costs for the ticket to that office are about 10€
4. He can, right now, afford one more ticket, then his money is gone
5. Winter came and now he needs stuff to wear in winter

I got in touch with the council of ex-muslims which is an organisation that helps people like him. The head of the organisation is in touch with Emir and agreed to give him the money in cash when they meet. They have a website and a donation button. So the money that has been raised so far, will be transfered there.
I also have working paypal by now, so if anyone still would like to donate, let me know, you can, now, do that via paypal. I also asked my contact in that organisation, if it is possible to donate directly there and how she would know that the money is for him... Awaiting answer.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Magical disappearing priest....and those who believe the story. Temple 5 794 09-08-2013 06:51 PM
Last Post: Hafnof
  America, The Story of Us series Buddy Christ 11 993 18-08-2012 09:04 PM
Last Post: Buddy Christ
  What a sad story. kingschosen 2 690 29-03-2012 09:25 AM
Last Post: AnotherSinner
  The story of Belgium Observer 10 979 20-02-2011 01:22 PM
Last Post: Observer