Emma Watson on Feminism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-09-2014, 04:20 PM
Emma Watson on Feminism
Her UN speech was absolutely amazing. She hit this one out of the park. This is what feminism is about folks - men AND women. Please take a moment to watch, this was truly moving.

It makes me so sad that she is being attacked and threatened for such a beautiful message.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 10 users Like Smercury44's post
23-09-2014, 04:35 PM
RE: Emma Watson on Feminism
(23-09-2014 04:20 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Her UN speech was absolutely amazing. She hit this one out of the park. This is what feminism is about folks - men AND women. Please take a moment to watch, this was truly moving.

It makes me so sad that she is being attacked and threatened for such a beautiful message.

That may be a hoax (the 4chan thing) but yes Emma rocks this out of the park.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
23-09-2014, 04:39 PM
(23-09-2014 04:35 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(23-09-2014 04:20 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Her UN speech was absolutely amazing. She hit this one out of the park. This is what feminism is about folks - men AND women. Please take a moment to watch, this was truly moving.

That may be a hoax (the 4chan thing) but yes Emma rocks this out of the park.

True, them actually having naked photos is likely a hoax (I mean come on, those would have been the first leaked once hacked), it is just disgusting the kinds of threats and harassment she is getting. Just proves her point that women are still treated badly for trying to be strong positive role models.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
23-09-2014, 05:39 PM
Good that she is explaining feminism correctly

Kind of redundant trying to make feminism the jesus of movements, seeing how HUMANISM! in general takes care of all of it. Now you can be a humanist and a feminist, but when did feminism mean, when men need rights we help them too? Also don't quote it as feminist caring, because they can, however definitions of feminism mean for women's rights only. Plus the video won't play for me.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
23-09-2014, 06:11 PM
Love Emma Watson in general--and she did a wonderful job. Thx for sharing this!

Be true to yourself. Heart
23-09-2014, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2014 06:35 AM by DLJ.)
I didn't realise who she was until she said "Harry Potter".

I thought she looked cute.

It did cross my mind that she wouldn't be saying some of that stuff if she was a man... e.g. 4:57 - 4:59

Dodgy

24-09-2014, 04:17 AM
(23-09-2014 04:35 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  That may be a hoax (the 4chan thing) but yes Emma rocks this out of the park.
There's no "maybe" here, it's a hoax.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
24-09-2014, 06:16 AM
I think it's sort of sad.

I mean, good on her for what she said and so on. But it's a sad reflection on the state of the wolrd that they have to get an entertainer for people to listen.

"Johnson, I know we have all these philosophers and thinkers and people that have been in humanist, feminist and human rights movements for years and so on. But we really need that kid from harry potter to get people to listen!!"
[+] 2 users Like Zippo's post
24-09-2014, 08:18 AM
(24-09-2014 06:16 AM)Zippo Wrote:  I think it's sort of sad.

I mean, good on her for what she said and so on. But it's a sad reflection on the state of the wolrd that they have to get an entertainer for people to listen.

"Johnson, I know we have all these philosophers and thinkers and people that have been in humanist, feminist and human rights movements for years and so on. But we really need that kid from harry potter to get people to listen!!"

The UN appoints famous people as Goodwill Ambassadors to gain attention for a cause. Why is that sad?

Besides, Watson just graduated from an Ivy League university (Brown), so she's no dummy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-09-2014, 09:06 AM
(23-09-2014 05:39 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Good that she is explaining feminism correctly

Kind of redundant trying to make feminism the jesus of movements, seeing how HUMANISM! in general takes care of all of it. Now you can be a humanist and a feminist, but when did feminism mean, when men need rights we help them too? Also don't quote it as feminist caring, because they can, however definitions of feminism mean for women's rights only. Plus the video won't play for me.

You know *organism-ism* encompasses not only humans but *all life* so we should rather campaign for that.

Prat

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post