Emma Watson on Feminism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-09-2014, 11:27 AM
RE: Emma Watson on Feminism
(23-09-2014 04:20 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Her UN speech was absolutely amazing. She hit this one out of the park. This is what feminism is about folks - men AND women. Please take a moment to watch, this was truly moving.

It makes me so sad that she is being attacked and threatened for such a beautiful message.

OMFG maybe this isn't my place to say it, but can we change the tune for a sec?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-09-2014, 11:59 AM
(24-09-2014 09:06 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-09-2014 05:39 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Good that she is explaining feminism correctly

Kind of redundant trying to make feminism the jesus of movements, seeing how HUMANISM! in general takes care of all of it. Now you can be a humanist and a feminist, but when did feminism mean, when men need rights we help them too? Also don't quote it as feminist caring, because they can, however definitions of feminism mean for women's rights only. Plus the video won't play for me.

You know *organism-ism* encompasses not only humans but *all life* so we should rather campaign for that.

Prat

Yup

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
25-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Amazing speech, truly amazing.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
25-09-2014, 03:37 PM
(24-09-2014 08:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-09-2014 06:16 AM)Zippo Wrote:  I think it's sort of sad.

I mean, good on her for what she said and so on. But it's a sad reflection on the state of the wolrd that they have to get an entertainer for people to listen.

"Johnson, I know we have all these philosophers and thinkers and people that have been in humanist, feminist and human rights movements for years and so on. But we really need that kid from harry potter to get people to listen!!"

The UN appoints famous people as Goodwill Ambassadors to gain attention for a cause. Why is that sad?

Besides, Watson just graduated from an Ivy League university (Brown), so she's no dummy.

Exactly. More people will see this message because she is a celebrity. I see no shame in using them to get the attention of the public on important topics if they are willing.

(24-09-2014 11:27 AM)Li_Holodomer Wrote:  
(23-09-2014 04:20 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Her UN speech was absolutely amazing. She hit this one out of the park. This is what feminism is about folks - men AND women. Please take a moment to watch, this was truly moving.

It makes me so sad that she is being attacked and threatened for such a beautiful message.

OMFG maybe this isn't my place to say it, but can we change the tune for a sec?

You are perfectly welcome to create a thread with whatever topic you choose Drinking Beverage I thought with all the more heated threads on feminism we've had around here, that it might be refreshing to see a strong positive message on what feminism is actually about.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 4 users Like Smercury44's post