Emotional Attachment to a person in a Dream (the story is kinda sappy)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-01-2016, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2016 12:27 PM by Noric.)
Emotional Attachment to a person in a Dream (the story is kinda sappy)
As the thread title implies, I have a strange situation going on that I really don't care for right now. The worst part is that the person in my dream was somebody I actually knew and cared for, but before I got to know her better, our friendship was severed... Due to the horrible circumstances of the split, which wasn't something I had control over, I'm trying to forget everything about that time and move on. I've been successful for a while, but then this happens... *sappy alert*... In the dream, it was the last day of the semester, and I thought I wouldn't be able to see her again, but she told me she only lived a block away. Apparently we were already together(?) because we kissed before I left for home.

And then I fucking wake up... Our relationship never even got close to that in real life, we were just learning more about each other. Basically an extended intro, although we did talk a lot. So now I keep thinking about it and I miss her, and a few other things are mixed in there, regret maybe? I don't know... But I do know that I'm really not liking this feeling right now... But even so, it was just a dream, I thought I'd moved on, at least far enough to not be affected by as little as a dream.

Acceptance is a hell of a drug.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2016, 02:07 PM
RE: Emotional Attachment to a person in a Dream (the story is kinda sappy)

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
09-01-2016, 04:16 PM
I know about these kind of dreams. Dreams try to be helpful and psychologically relieving to either sooth us or problem solve things. They are just so messed up in access, like stirring the past up for things that we consciously were already coming to terms with. Is this a reoccurring dream or a one off?
09-01-2016, 11:58 PM
(09-01-2016 04:16 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I know about these kind of dreams. Dreams try to be helpful and psychologically relieving to either sooth us or problem solve things. They are just so messed up in access, like stirring the past up for things that we consciously were already coming to terms with. Is this a reoccurring dream or a one off?

A one off... I don't expect it to happen again, but I mean... It really doesn't even need to happen at this point :/

Acceptance is a hell of a drug.