Empaths

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-03-2015, 09:26 AM
RE: Empaths
I am overly empathetic towards people and animals - which I consider a curse for myself, but good for others. Particularly distress in the young, the old and other animals gets to me and I suffer if I can't fix it. Can't get it out of my head. Makes me hate the world at times.

That's not what these "empaths" are all about. They are about ego. Being special. Knowing more than others.

They have no business disgracing the word "empathy".

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Dom's post
23-03-2015, 09:34 AM
I have limited empathic abilities. I can always sense when a guy likes a girl. You may just assume it's because off the drool and the bulge in his pants, but I can really feel the emotion.

Conversely, I have no clue when a girl likes a guy. That's especially true if the guy is me.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post
23-03-2015, 12:42 PM
(23-03-2015 09:26 AM)Dom Wrote:  I am overly empathetic towards people and animals - which I consider a curse for myself, but good for others. Particularly distress in the young, the old and other animals gets to me and I suffer if I can't fix it. Can't get it out of my head. Makes me hate the world at times.

That's not what these "empaths" are all about. They are about ego. Being special. Knowing more than others.

They have no business disgracing the word "empathy".

Yes, they were sure to make perfectly clear to me how many times they've "blown peoples' minds" with their super-awesome insight. It just added to their constant reinforcement of one another.

"Wow...I was right about the lives of a few gullible boobs I see and talk to every day. I must be something special! That just proves it!"

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-03-2015, 12:45 PM
(23-03-2015 09:34 AM)BnW Wrote:  I have limited empathic abilities. I can always sense when a guy likes a girl. You may just assume it's because off the drool and the bulge in his pants, but I can really feel the emotion.

Conversely, I have no clue when a girl likes a guy. That's especially true if the guy is me.

One at a time, bro. Between the JW study, unicorn sparkles and my aura-reading, I'm swamped for the week.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
23-03-2015, 01:46 PM
Well, I'm married over 17 years, so no rush. Just fit me in when you can.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
23-03-2015, 01:54 PM
Here's one.

[Image: Troi_zpsat8fwhow.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like pablo's post
23-03-2015, 03:04 PM
Miso,
You have some very interesting people in your life...

...no wonder you drink. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
23-03-2015, 03:21 PM
(23-03-2015 03:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Miso,
You have some very interesting people in your life...

...no wonder you drink. Undecided

They seem like they'll buy into anything, maybe your Amway buddy should talk to them. Big Grin
23-03-2015, 03:48 PM
They won't be able to "read" you because you'll be subconsciously "blocking" them. Or some such bullshit.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
24-03-2015, 12:38 AM
(23-03-2015 09:09 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  That's pretty much what I was pinning it all on, too. We all read microscopic cues in body language every day. It's how we evolved. These people are just taking that natural tendency and mistaking it for something else entirely.

As for "swimming through an ocean of colors every day," as Susan put it, I'm sure a proper dose of meds will take care of that. lol

That's another thing these two were really vehement about. They told about how a bunch of mean ol' doctors tried to say they had "personality disorders and visual hallucinations and a bunch of stupid crap like that," but that they know the real truth about their abilities and they're not gonna let the Man keep them down! (There were several points during the conversation at which I wasn't sure if I wanted to laugh or throw up in my mouth)

I've heard of that thing where you see sounds - something like you got wires crossed in your brain... Maan, I *wish* I had that. It'd be so cool...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post