Empaths

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-03-2015, 12:41 AM
RE: Empaths
Im overly empathetic, just like Dom. Sometimes I think its my achilles heel. When I watch a TV programme (which is very rare nowadays) and there is a build up to some very embarrassing moment and drama, I cringe to watch it and sometimes have to turn over the channel.

The youtube channel Vsauce did a recent video on feeling arkward, they go into empathy on that, it is very interesting and they describe my condition but I have forgotten what it is called lol.

Im on my tablet so I cant link the video, when I get on my PS4 later I can post it.

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2015, 03:45 AM
I can be very empathetic. Not sure what it means that I can turn it off so easily.

Like tonight. Just a few hours ago another nurse and I were cutting up with a patient. Nice guy. An hour later he codes. We worked him for twenty minutes, got him back for ten, coded again and we called it after another 15. Well, goddamn, that sucks. Playtime's over. Back to charting. Ugh, his AICD (internal defibrillator - thing that shocks you) wouldn't turn off with the magnet. First shock while I did compressions just felt like a little static electricity; second shock, I squealed "Goddammit" - it felt like I touched an electric fence, got me on my ulnar nerve. To be honest, I'm a little disturbed that I'm not more upset. In the past I've gotten upset over my walkie talkies that code.

Now I'm just hoping *my* patient doesn't code before shift change. He should be a DNR, and he soooo isn't.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
24-03-2015, 09:34 AM
I love how the one claims they feel a million different emotions when there aren't even that many emotions to begin with. It really lends credibility to her position instead of making her seem even more like an overly dramatic attention seeker.

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
24-03-2015, 09:54 AM
This is similar to Therapeutic Touch. And please watch as this nine year old girl debunks this whole shit. Emily Rosa is the youngest person to ever have her work published in the Journal of American Medical Association.

Even though I don't like John Stossel, this is just great!!!!!!!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
24-03-2015, 09:54 PM
(23-03-2015 03:21 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(23-03-2015 03:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Miso,
You have some very interesting people in your life...

...no wonder you drink. Undecided

They seem like they'll buy into anything, maybe your Amway buddy should talk to them. Big Grin

lol. In fairness, he's gotten the hint about the whole Amway thing. He's now got two real jobs. Doing quite well, I might add.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
24-03-2015, 10:00 PM
So I ran into Susan today. I jokingly asked her "What color am I today?" She approached me very slowly and gazed deep into my eyes and sort of examined me. Then she said pretty much what she said the other night on FB; "You're a combination of greens and yellows; a little brown..." I asked "What do those colors mean?" She said "They're very positive colors. I can see that you're a really positive person on the inside."

I laughed. "I can assure you, that's the opposite of what I am on the inside." (Maybe I should direct her to any given post I've ever made on this site as evidence) She just smiled and shook her head as if to say "Silly boy; you wouldn't know what kind of person you are on the inside. But I can see the truth."

It got me thinking about one question I'd definitely like to ask her whenever we meet up for this "reading." I want to know what is meant by the word "positive." If green is a "positive" color, what exactly does that mean? I'm optimistic? Caring? Happy in a general sense? Perhaps it means that I'm positive that life is shit? She needs to define her terms. I'm gonna cut through all of the vague fluff that these types like to use in their speech and try to coax her toward defining things in a scientific way.

I have a feeling she won't be able to.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Misanthropik's post
25-03-2015, 08:07 PM
Misanthropiks' horoscope says that his friends will give him shitty cold readings in conjunction with lame excuses along the lines of how his negative energy is disrupting their empathic feelers.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 4 users Like Paleophyte's post
25-03-2015, 08:17 PM
(24-03-2015 10:00 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  I'm gonna cut through all of the vague fluff that these types like to use in their speech and try to coax her toward defining things in a scientific way.

I have a feeling she won't be able to.

So cynical. You just have to believe, and it'll all become clear. She knows you better than you know yourself, y'know. Rolleyes

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
25-03-2015, 08:18 PM (This post was last modified: 25-03-2015 08:53 PM by Russ.)
(24-03-2015 10:00 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  So I ran into Susan today. I jokingly asked her "What color am I today?" She approached me very slowly and gazed deep into my eyes and sort of examined me. Then she said pretty much what she said the other night on FB; "You're a combination of greens and yellows; a little brown..." I asked "What do those colors mean?" She said "They're very positive colors. I can see that you're a really positive person on the inside."

I laughed. "I can assure you, that's the opposite of what I am on the inside." (Maybe I should direct her to any given post I've ever made on this site as evidence) She just smiled and shook her head as if to say "Silly boy; you wouldn't know what kind of person you are on the inside. But I can see the truth."
How absurd. If somebody told me that I didn't know how I truly felt while they did, I would have to exercise a large amount of self restraint to not lose it on them.
(EDIT: fixed spelling)

(30-03-2015 08:47 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  IT'S THE HOLY GHOST oooOOOOOOOOOOooooooo
[+] 2 users Like Russ's post
25-03-2015, 08:51 PM
(25-03-2015 08:18 PM)Russ Wrote:  
(24-03-2015 10:00 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  So I ran into Susan today. I jokingly asked her "What color am I today?" She approached me very slowly and gazed deep into my eyes and sort of examined me. Then she said pretty much what she said the other night on FB; "You're a combination of greens and yellows; a little brown..." I asked "What do those colors mean?" She said "They're very positive colors. I can see that you're a really positive person on the inside."

How absurd. If somebody told me that I didn't know how I truly felt while they did, I would have to exercise a large amount of self retrain to not lose it on them.

For real! There's that ego again. "you don't know, but I know because I'm gifted."

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post