Empaths

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2015, 12:04 AM
RE: Empaths
I know someone who literally told me I had an attached entity, can read my aura, etc. I am still transitioning to being full on atheist (as opposed to agnostic, but I'm pretty damn close) since I've only been debunking things I personally have experienced for a good two weeks. It wasn't just her. It was other people as well. And these people made me feel extremely paranoid, not realizing that I'm already mentally ill (panic disorder), they continued to spout their rhetoric and made me worse.

Then again, I used to sort of be queen of the bullshit because it was bullshit I already believed in myself. Good thing I debunked absolutely everything I've ever experienced in my entire life.

Reading this is extremely liberating and therapeutic. Please keep going. For the love of the woochildren.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes CrimsonCallaReborn's post
01-06-2015, 02:25 AM
We don't tolerate that kind of witchcraft in these here parts.

My theatre teacher in high school said she occasionally saw auras. I remember just nodding my head thinking, "yeh, uh huh, ok...whatever you say." This is a lady that would wear a tiara when she was having a bad day - we all knew she was going to act like a royal bitch - she did give us fair warning at the beginning of the first semester with her. Crazy, crazy woman.

Other than that, the only other auras I've heard people talk about are from people with seizure disorders - as in seeing an aura right before they seize...or from some migraine sufferers.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
01-06-2015, 02:30 AM
Maybe your friends are from Betazed?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
01-06-2015, 06:13 AM
(01-06-2015 12:04 AM)CrimsonCallaReborn Wrote:  I know someone who literally told me I had an attached entity,

You're in luck; critical thinking is an effective entityectomy procedure.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
01-06-2015, 11:22 AM
(01-06-2015 02:25 AM)Nurse Wrote:  My theatre teacher in high school said she occasionally saw auras. I remember just nodding my head thinking, "yeh, uh huh, ok...whatever you say." This is a lady that would wear a tiara when she was having a bad day - we all knew she was going to act like a royal bitch - she did give us fair warning at the beginning of the first semester with her. Crazy, crazy woman.

As a theater person, I can honestly say that aspects of woo are "useful" if you use them in your work, like the idea of chakras influencing movement (Simpson technique). But the problem is you'll still end up believing in the stuff anyway after a while. So in the end it's super counterproductive.
01-06-2015, 04:35 PM
We used to call them "sin eaters" back in the day.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
02-06-2015, 09:21 AM
(01-06-2015 02:25 AM)Nurse Wrote:  This is a lady that would wear a tiara when she was having a bad day

That's a great idea. I'm going to start wearing a tiarra when I have a bad day.

And, for the rest of today, I'm going to hum I feel pretty every time I get up from my desk. Should be an especially big hit in the men's room.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
02-06-2015, 12:16 PM
(02-06-2015 09:21 AM)BnW Wrote:  
(01-06-2015 02:25 AM)Nurse Wrote:  This is a lady that would wear a tiara when she was having a bad day

That's a great idea. I'm going to start wearing a tiarra when I have a bad day.

And, for the rest of today, I'm going to hum I feel pretty every time I get up from my desk. Should be an especially big hit in the men's room.

You'll be the topic of discussion at the water cooler - guaranteed....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
02-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Maybe, but when you feel pretty, you don't really care.

And, I feel particularly pretty today. And witty. And, dare I say it, gay. And I pity any attorney who doesn't feel this way.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
03-06-2015, 09:00 PM
I'm extremely empathetic but its no special gift. I really only experience it with sadness and pain. When others are happy I don't genuinely experience the joy with them. I'm likely to be happy for them but in know way changes my mood or feelings.

But when someone is sad or clearly in emotional pain it eats away at me till I feel as if there problem is my own.

There is no magic ability or aura about.

And damnit ill cry watching movies!
[+] 1 user Likes Fodder_From_The_Truth's post