Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-05-2014, 04:11 PM
RE: Empathy?
(07-05-2014 04:04 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 04:01 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I wish my ex-wife had Weeping

But, no.

The problem with the above sentence is the word 'should'.

You are confusing 'is' with 'ought' and I think this might stem from your erroneous belief that morality is objective.

Bingo! Give this man a cigar! Thumbsup

Awesome! I admire a man who can publicly admit that he has an erroneous belief.

Let's share that cigar.

Smile

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
07-05-2014, 04:11 PM
(07-05-2014 04:09 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 03:57 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  We've seen this same M.O. here before. I call sock.

I'm checking.

I'll wake up the other mods (it's 6 fucking am here) for a team huddle.

Jeremy,
Anything to say?

Still waiting for someone to tell me why people are so angry with me for not using something I was never born with (according to them).
CoolCool
07-05-2014, 04:13 PM
(07-05-2014 04:11 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 04:04 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  Bingo! Give this man a cigar! Thumbsup

Awesome! I admire a man who can publicly admit that he has an erroneous belief.

Let's share that cigar.

Smile

I was actually excited that you said you cannot get an "ought" from an "is".

Serves to support premise one of the moral argument.
07-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Reread the thread...maybe you can glean some insight along the way.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-05-2014, 04:17 PM
(07-05-2014 04:05 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 04:03 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You can try to learn a little bit of how to get along in a community or you can continue to behave like a jerk.

---to the mods - that's as fucking civil as I can get right now - I'll go stand in the corner for a little while before I get myself grounded.

It seems that you think I have broken some code of conduct that you think I am obligated to follow. Some law that states I should not be a jerk that I should be aware of.

Is this how you feel?

Your own code of superstitions demands that you not act like a jerk. But it's clear that you are a fucking hypocrite anyway.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
07-05-2014, 04:20 PM
If you're a blind man, people will act accordingly and treat you like a blind man.

If you're a deaf man, people will act accordingly and treat you like a deaf man.

If you're a douchebag, people will act accordingly and treat you like a douchebag.

People will consciously accommodate for your deficiencies whether you were born with them or acquired them. Drinking Beverage

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 5 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
07-05-2014, 04:21 PM
(07-05-2014 04:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 04:11 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Awesome! I admire a man who can publicly admit that he has an erroneous belief.

Let's share that cigar.

Smile

Only in your most delusional fantasies.

(07-05-2014 04:11 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 04:09 PM)DLJ Wrote:  I'm checking.

I'll wake up the other mods (it's 6 fucking am here) for a team huddle.

Jeremy,
Anything to say?

Still waiting for someone to tell me why people are so angry with me for not using something I was never born with (according to them).
CoolCool

[Image: Scarecrow.jpg]

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post
07-05-2014, 04:43 PM
(07-05-2014 04:13 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  
(07-05-2014 04:11 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Awesome! I admire a man who can publicly admit that he has an erroneous belief.

Let's share that cigar.

Smile

What argument?

No one argues with me about morality.

Drinking Beverage

07-05-2014, 04:58 PM
So what, should psychopaths get the death penalty or a insanity plea? Is that the question?

If we were a more enlightened society, and you could demonstrate psychopathic tendencies in a person, I think a special form of confinement would be more appropriate. I'm probably in the minority opinion. I wouldn't argue that we should condone their actions however. Its not a blind mans fault he can't see, but we still don't let them drive. If you are a violent psychopath you need to be locked up for the safety of everybody else. Purely practical reasons, and without judgement.

Not sure what this does for objective moral theory though. There are obviously amoral actors in this world... how does that provide we all know morality because god gave it to us?
07-05-2014, 04:59 PM
(07-05-2014 04:58 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  So what, should psychopaths get the death penalty or a insanity plea? Is that the question?

If we were a more enlightened society, and you could demonstrate psychopathic tendencies in a person, I think a special form of confinement would be more appropriate. I'm probably in the minority opinion. I wouldn't argue that we should condone their actions however. Its not a blind mans fault he can't see, but we still don't let them drive. If you are a violent psychopath you need to be locked up for the safety of everybody else. Purely practical reasons, and without judgement.

Not sure what this does for objective moral theory though. There are obviously amoral actors in this world... how does that prove we all know morality because god gave it to us?
Thread Closed