Emperors new energy

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
26-12-2011, 04:22 PM
RE: Emperors new energy
(26-12-2011 04:20 PM)Luminon Wrote:  
(25-12-2011 09:26 PM)Elcarch Wrote:  
(24-12-2011 08:09 AM)Luminon Wrote:  I couldn't imagine such a rapid change is possible.
...and what do they say about things that seem too good to be true?

Here's a hint; it's not "Give these guys your money, now!".
Was there such a statement in the presentation? I didn't notice.

Anyway, this is what sometimes happen in science, right? Make an early prototype or demonstration of principle of something that could be awesome in 5 years of further development. Ask for lots of funding. Then never let yourself be heard of again, for whatever reason.

You're confusing engineering R&D with science.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2011, 02:38 AM
This is all nice, but still, this is just some video, I need to believe them and I do not want to believe them, I want to be sure. Interesting concept, I must admit, but still needs proof and not belief. You know when will I believe all this? When somebody cures my bicuspid aortic valve without an open heart surgery. Then I will believe, then I will be a follower, then I will fight for their cause if necessary. Or when they cure my aunt from leukemia, or my fathers bad back, and so on... That ain't gonna happen likely.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
29-12-2011, 06:08 AM
(27-12-2011 02:38 AM)Filox Wrote:  This is all nice, but still, this is just some video, I need to believe them and I do not want to believe them, I want to be sure. Interesting concept, I must admit, but still needs proof and not belief. You know when will I believe all this? When somebody cures my bicuspid aortic valve without an open heart surgery. Then I will believe, then I will be a follower, then I will fight for their cause if necessary. Or when they cure my aunt from leukemia, or my fathers bad back, and so on... That ain't gonna happen likely.
In your situation I'd try to travel, visiting healers personally. If it takes going to Japan, I'd find out if they accept patients. If it's something like leukaemia, I'd try driving south to the famous Tlacote in (New?) Mexico and bring some canisters of healing water from there. (it's free and the facilities are modern, stainless steel everywhere) They've got a whole archive of medical success for everyone to see. You don't have to believe, you can call it a skeptical tourism. I don't understand those who sit at home and wait for the joined forces of medical science and commercial medicine to bring the cure into their local hospital. (unless they can't move)
30-12-2011, 02:20 AM
True, true, guess it would be only fair to try them before discrediting them all.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
30-12-2011, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2011 10:48 AM by Chas.)
(29-12-2011 06:08 AM)Luminon Wrote:  I'd try driving south to the famous Tlacote in (New?) Mexico and bring some canisters of healing water from there.

Healing water? Really?
(30-12-2011 02:20 AM)Filox Wrote:  True, true, guess it would be only fair to try them before discrediting them all.

No, it wouldn't. Trying random stuff could get you killed by delaying real treatment.

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
31-12-2011, 01:23 AM
(30-12-2011 02:20 AM)Filox Wrote:  True, true, guess it would be only fair to try them before discrediting them all.

I don't have to know that putting a ghost pepper on my chili is a bad idea to try it out in order to be fair.

{I typed that incorrectly but I kind of like it so I'm leaving it. Smile}

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
31-12-2011, 10:27 AM

No, it wouldn't. Trying random stuff could get you killed by delaying real treatment.

31-12-2011, 12:30 PM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2011 12:35 PM by Infidel.)
What would happen to our world if about 1/4 of the population united together as one force? They might even be untied by a belief in Christ for example. I watched every video and read every post in this thread, especially this video. I need to share something which will make me look like I need to see a psychiatrist. I cannot prove it, nor do I even understand it.

A few years ago as I was seeking Christ with everything in me, I had an experience which was similar to what we are discussing here. Was I delusional, or maybe someone slipped me some bad drugs? Anyway this experience lasted over a period of years. In my mind it was as real as looking at myself in the mirror. I do not have these experiences any longer but I often think about it. I wonder now if it was caused by some unity of billions of people worldwide. During this time the wall of Berlin was torn down by a mob, thousands of college students stood against tanks in Tiananmen Square (China), the cold war with the USSR ended. I believe the whole world and history itself changed in that time.

I had a feeling of total peace and joy, and experienced things which would seem to be spiritual or supernatural. I soon learned that I could speak to others on my TV (not with my mouth, with my mind). That seems crazy I know, but many of them even answered me! I do not think this was God, Jesus or some Holy Spirit. I still think it was humans united. There are things we cannot prove or understand, but we are learning more and more always.

Something, Or Someone Is Really Out There!
31-12-2011, 07:41 PM
Also, my eyes were very bright. Babies and children loved to look into them. I felt like I was glowing so bright it would be hard to look upon me. I think evolution may hold some very nice gifts for us in the future, maybe things we have never considered.

Something, Or Someone Is Really Out There!
02-01-2012, 10:29 AM
(31-12-2011 10:27 AM)Chas Wrote:  

Where the hell did you folks leave your curiosity? A visit in healing water springs in Tlacote can't hurt you. You won't get sunburnt or broke over this. And not only there are some sizable medical archives documenting its efficacy, the water itself is supposed to be anomalous. Under analysis the water was found to be lighter than normal water. So why not take a canister along and bring samples to your local lab? Or maybe drink it as prescribed and watch your health?
At the very least you'll have some fat skeptical documentary material for your blogs and websites. Another myth debunked, wow! Or could there be a kernel of truth behind it all? That is what I mean by skeptical tourism. Shake off that armchair skepticism.

Infidel: That is something like how I feel quite often. (well, except of the talking part, I don't have a TV) But it usually comes in late evening when nobody's around.
But I think you're on to something. Looks like group meditation can decrease criminality. Sure enough, I meditate in groups for several years.