Encounters with the Shamans

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Encounters with the Shamans

I was curious to hear about discussions/run-ins any you may have had with not just the sheep but the shepherds . My little anecdotal story below is just one of my personal encounters.

Our dog died a few years ago from osteosarcoma; he was 9 ½, which is the average life expectancy for a Doberman pinscher. In the last few weeks all we wanted to do was make his remaining days comfortable and we put topical morphine patches on him that were held in place by an elastic band. Our neighbor from across the street saw this and I explained to her he would die soon. She then told me she could channel God and cure him, something that she had done before with people and that she was sure she could do this with an animal as well. She put her hands on him and closed her eyes and did her thing. Of course nothing changed and our dog stopped eating a few days later and died. When she found out that he had not been cured she looked up at the sky, opened her arms and shouted, “Why have you failed me?” Then proceeded to explain to me this was the first time she had not been successful.

This to me is just an anecdote of how people delude themselves into thinking they possess supernatural powers or gifts, as some refer to them, and how they have been singled out to be mediums between the supernatural world and this one. These people call themselves many things, shamans, witch doctors, mediums, preachers and priests to name a few (nut-jobs comes to mind). The sad thing to me is how they cause others to believe in them. The followers of these people I consider weak of mind but the shamans, those I consider extremely dangerous because it is these people who often lead the masses to commit inhumane acts such as inquisitions, mass murder, ethnic cleansing, witch hunts, disownment of family members, suicide and war.

BTW Are there any or have there ever been any of these people posting on this site?

"Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.” ~ Ambrose Bierce
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Encounters with the Shamans - Full Circle - 31-01-2013 08:24 AM
RE: Encounters with the Shamans - Chas - 31-01-2013, 02:57 PM
RE: Encounters with the Shamans - Chas - 31-01-2013, 05:09 PM
RE: Encounters with the Shamans - Vosur - 31-01-2013, 05:23 PM