End goal of GW scientists?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2012, 10:17 AM
RE: End goal of GW scientists?
Can I just say, even if dirty things like certain power plants or car emissions are not causing an increase in global temperature and a decrease in thickness of the ozone layer, there is no dispute they are putting rather bad chemicals into the air increasing things like lung disease and cancer.
Cancer ally for example, it gets its name for a reason.
But also heavily smogged out cities I don't have the stats now (because I'm lazy and tired and its 4:16am) have higher cancer and diseases rates.

I think it can be accepted that breathing fresh air is better then breathing car emissions.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
20-06-2012, 12:58 PM
That is my preferred response for why we should begin weening ourselves of off these fuel sources. I have asthma as a result of my mother smoking around me as a kid and I can only imagine the severity for those downwind of a coal plant or in large cities with smog problems. There are other chemicals like Hg and Pb that are emitted from coal and other combustibles that have to be dealt with as well. Change the fuel source to one that is cleaner and improve air quality and the overall health of your population. I mean it affects water sources too, so you are ingesting it constantly in one form or another, sometimes the ingestion is more significant than others but it is never a good thing.

[Image: CtipW.gif]
25-05-2017, 09:19 PM
I thought this was interesting.
Edgar Bronfman Jr. (Canadian liquor heir) has a company that extracts CO-2 from the atmosphere, as an alternative carbon source. The carbon they retrieve can be used for many of the common uses carbon is used, industrially, for.
http://globalthermostat.com/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
25-05-2017, 09:54 PM
That "Open Letter to Secretary General Ban-Ki Moon" is nothing but propaganda by a group (the ICSC) that pretty much represents the (usually paid) denialists of the planet, and has been coordinating for almost two decades to undermine the progress being made in combating climate change. They, like Creationists, seek to muddy the waters by casting shade on claims that are actually well-supported, as if they are not, and by using propaganda rather than the publish for Peer Review method, like actual scientists. Like the Creationists, they think having a hundred scientists (and non-scientists, if you look closely at the list), mainly from other fields, who prominently sign a document showing their support of their side is equivalent to actually winning the arguments in the Peer Review process with evidence, and that it equates to the tens of thousands of actual climate scientists who are in that field and agree thoroughly. They claim it's a "hush the opposition" conspiracy, when that's not remotely how science works, and they should know better.

Bemore, you would do well to read this article before you rely on that or show it to other people:

https://www.skepticalscience.com/latest-...ience.html

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-05-2017, 06:22 PM
I see no reason to debate scientific issues with deniers. The deniers haven't published anything for peer review, and that fact alone totally hinders anything they have to say.

If you want to offer an alternate theory to evolution of global warming, either put up or shut up.

No
[+] 1 user Likes neurotibotical's post